bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:28 pm

xerxes xerxes:
And I’m sure she’ll be fine. She’ll go on the “persecuted conservative” welfare program and make movies with Kevin Sorbo that no more than five people will see. And all the while she can think back about she had it made: a star on a massive hit of a show. Likely star of another hit show in the same franchise. And she pissed it all away in two months even after being warned to not be stupid on social media.

I can see the Sorbo angle but Gina isn't a dumbfuck who has only good looks to hang her star on, she's smart and she has talent and her points are valid. Sorbo is off the plantation with his conspiracy theories and has lost any credibility he may have had. Yes, she is dabbling in the ani-maskerisms and frankly she is playing with fire but her hesitancy against unquestioning authority, especially when it is applied haphazardly and disproportionately, is still worth considering.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:37 pm

Not really. ALL conservative bleating about the "oppression" they face is complete nonsense. They're about the most privileged and free people on the planet and practically none of them have ever faced even the slightest curtailment of their rights. I'll say it right now as a white person and former conservative - there isn't a single one of us who ever faced anything like the Holocaust. Not in our lifetimes and not even in our family histories either, especially not after the ancestors came from Europe. These fools screaming about tyranny are addicted to the sick kick they get from pretending to be real victims. What Carano did was just a more grotesque version of the "I want my country back!" crybaby routine Glenn Beck performed back when Barack Obama first got elected that turned into a stream of nightly non-stop political diarrhea he got away with for the following eight years.

All I've ever seen these kinds have conservatives have ever been asked (and not forced) to do has been to show some respect and concern and kindness for others in this society, especially in the last year with COVID. And almost all of them have responded the same way a vampire does when some holy water gets tossed in it's face. They're just mean and non-empathic people who simply aren't capable of the more advanced emotions like pity, sympathy, or mercy. And when they get called on it they react in the most juvenile ways imaginable. Like I said before, there's nothing admirable in any of them. They're just out-and-out pathetic. Sad! :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:48 pm

I get that too, I ran into it a lot in the military. The ethos of never say sorry it's a sign of weakness is a hallmark of that. Never really signed off on it myself as I saw it as a sign of civility and I guess when it boils down to it that is what this is all about.

No retreat no withdraw and both sides are dug in deep like ticks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:54 pm

We get it worse in Canada just from being so close to the US. If we were on the other side of the planet, like New Zealand, it wouldn't be so obvious and omnipresent. I try hard to remind myself that a flare-up of entrenched tribal stupidity in American isn't a problem any Canadian should really waste too much time with, and not to let it consume their mental and emotional strength. These are mostly all problems the Yanks have to fix for themselves someday, and it's not like any of them from either side are going to listen to any input from outsiders.

Americans are a volatile and radical and frequently dangerous people. Always have been, always will be. The lesson for we outsiders is just to let them have their tantrums and spasms and ignore it. They aren't going to stop for us no matter how much we let their behaviour disturb us, like the way I let Trump's daily antics get to me in such an unhealthy way.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:16 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Not really. ALL conservative bleating about the "oppression" they face is complete nonsense. They're about the most privileged and free people on the planet and practically none of them have ever faced even the slightest curtailment of their rights. I'll say it right now as a white person and former conservative - there isn't a single one of us who ever faced anything like the Holocaust. Not in our lifetimes and not even in our family histories either, especially not after the ancestors came from Europe. These fools screaming about tyranny are addicted to the sick kick they get from pretending to be real victims. What Carano did was just a more grotesque version of the "I want my country back!" crybaby routine Glenn Beck performed back when Barack Obama first got elected that turned into a stream of nightly non-stop political diarrhea he got away with for the following eight years.

All I've ever seen these kinds have conservatives have ever been asked (and not forced) to do has been to show some respect and concern and kindness for others in this society, especially in the last year with COVID. And almost all of them have responded the same way a vampire does when some holy water gets tossed in it's face. They're just mean and non-empathic people who simply aren't capable of the more advanced emotions like pity, sympathy, or mercy. And when they get called on it they react in the most juvenile ways imaginable. Like I said before, there's nothing admirable in any of them. They're just out-and-out pathetic. Sad! :|

R=UP

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:23 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Americans are a volatile and radical and frequently dangerous people. Always have been, always will be. The lesson for we outsiders is just to let them have their tantrums and spasms and ignore it. They aren't going to stop for us no matter how much we let their behaviour disturb us, like the way I let Trump's daily antics get to me in such an unhealthy way.

Can't have civilization without civility though and federal troops are in the capitol till march as a result of this unhinged inanity. There is a breaking point and we are at the brink and the forces of us vs them are fighting at the tip of a cliff and we stepped over on Jan 6th but not with both feet. This fight has to stop or we are all going down with it and it won't matter what side of the boarder you are on.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:49 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:24 pm

And it happened even sooner than I expected.

Ex-'Mandalorian' actress Gina Carano to make film with conservative outlet

$1:
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Gina Carano, the "Mandalorian" actress who was dropped from the "Star Wars" spinoff over what the studio called "abhorrent and unacceptable" social media posts, said on Friday she will make a film with conservative company The Daily Wire.

Walt Disney Co's Lucasfilm studio said on Wednesday it would no longer work with her after she posted on Instagram drawing parallels between persecution of Jews in Nazi Germany and the treatment of people who hold conservative political views today.

The Daily Wire said Carano will produce and star in an upcoming film exclusively for subscribers to its website, which was co-founded by conservative political commentator Ben Shapiro.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:32 pm

Bet Fiddy hasn't been this excited for an upcoming conservative film since the last pro-Trump epic from Dinesh D'Souza made $50K at the box office. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:35 pm

xerxes xerxes:
And it happened even sooner than I expected.

Ex-'Mandalorian' actress Gina Carano to make film with conservative outlet

$1:
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Gina Carano, the "Mandalorian" actress who was dropped from the "Star Wars" spinoff over what the studio called "abhorrent and unacceptable" social media posts, said on Friday she will make a film with conservative company The Daily Wire.

Walt Disney Co's Lucasfilm studio said on Wednesday it would no longer work with her after she posted on Instagram drawing parallels between persecution of Jews in Nazi Germany and the treatment of people who hold conservative political views today.

The Daily Wire said Carano will produce and star in an upcoming film exclusively for subscribers to its website, which was co-founded by conservative political commentator Ben Shapiro.

She hitched her wagon to a tree stump, so depressing. :(

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:43 pm

Carra Done indeed.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:55 am

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:13 pm

yet the 'left' can make all kinds of stupid statements, calling everyone not left enough alt right, etc etc.. no problem there...good for Ben I may subscribe to his network if for nothing else, than to get a 'leftist' tears mug!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:16 pm

Thanos Thanos:

Gad Saad just destroyed your little rant...likely too stuck in your little world of being a former conservative..not even sure what that really means..to know who he is..

go read his book...you could learn something.

PS it is sort of like the Catholic church declaring how good religion is for the world as told by Christoper Hitchens.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:27 am

Gad Saad, regular guest on right-wing podcasts and shows like Glenn Beck, therefore just another well-paid water-boy. Major pass.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  Next