Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:13 pm

[quote="Lemmy"]What is it you're mad at, the tax or the funeral home?[quote]

I think he's just perpetually outraged.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
As a neutral bystander, it's you who looks like the fucking asshole. First, Doc never said anything disparaging about the people in the story and second, how the hell could he have known it had anything to do with anyone on CKA's family? I'm sorry you're grieving, but Doc never said anything ought to have upset you. I guess I'll chalk that up to you feeling badly for your loss, which you have my sincerest sympathies for.

But if you want to direct your anger in the right direction, go punch the shit out of the funeral director who decided to prey on your family in its time of grief by charging 100 times the appropriate rate. That fucker is the villain in this story.

R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:30 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Don't die, or don't cremate.

Problem solved.

Hey that's my Aunt, try and stay classy you useless dog fucker.

Lets just make the family spend another $3000 for a burial, you should read the stories once in awhile. :evil:

You really aren't very bright, are you?

Oh, wait. Why ask him, he won't know. :roll:

As a fellow Albertan, you should feel the pain that this tax is inflicting on him. His aunt had to pay the tax, you insensitive bastard. How could you not know that? Don't all you Albertans know each other? I mean first those bastard BCrs approved Kinder Morgan, as if that wasn't bad enough.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:29 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
The last time I flew Air Canada, the website asked me if I wanted to make a carbon offset donation for my round-trip Toronto-Ottawa flight, which came to just under $3 per passenger (yes I donated).

Where did your $3 go? A Christmas tree farm? I think carbon offsets are bullshit. I wouldn't want to encourage them.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:09 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
A carbon tax is just another tax.

No, these costs are just sacrifices to the Green God. Ontario has been bombarded with these types of sacrifices for years, it is so bad now that people are cuddling with their kids on the couch under blankets rather than heat their home. They have to choose between groceries or heat, it is beyond disgusting.

People's home heating costs have quadrupled over a couple of years even though gas prices are down. Everyone is supposed to feel good about this because apparently it is going to a good cause. As this story shows, there will be constant abuses of these sacrifices, and a great deal of confusion.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:17 pm

shockedcanadian shockedcanadian:
it is so bad now that people are cuddling with their kids on the couch under blankets rather than heat their home. They have to choose between groceries or heat, it is beyond disgusting.

No! The horror. Having to cuddle with your kids.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:29 pm

Funeral homes have been over charging forever and it won't change anytime soon, nothing to see here move along.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:49 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Hey that's my Aunt, try and stay classy you useless dog fucker.

Lets just make the family spend another $3000 for a burial, you should read the stories once in awhile. :evil:

You really aren't very bright, are you?

Oh, wait. Why ask him, he won't know. :roll:

What the fuck is that suppose to mean, they got over charged $90, they stuck up for themselves, they don't bend over and take it dry like you fucking usEless xxxxx.

Read the the articles before you comment cause you really look like a fucking idiot.

I don't think the article said it was about the aunt of a full time Alberta whinger.Seems like a dirty trick you tried to pull on Caleb, to make him feel bad because he had no way of knowing this was about your aunt's family.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:48 am

andyt andyt:
As a fellow Albertan, you should feel the pain that this tax is inflicting on him. His aunt had to pay the tax, you insensitive bastard. How could you not know that? Don't all you Albertans know each other? I mean first those bastard BCrs approved Kinder Morgan, as if that wasn't bad enough.

I do feel his pain. But I also know that it's a necessary evil.

andyt andyt:
Seems like a dirty trick you tried to pull on Caleb, to make him feel bad because he had no way of knowing this was about your aunt's family.

Only thing is, with his incessant name calling and attempts at bullying, I long ago lost respect for him and stopped caring what he thinks. I agree with everything Lemmy posted, excluding his condolences. I reserve that for people I respect, and I'm not about to be dishonest with myself and offer them.

BRAH BRAH:
Funeral homes have been over charging forever and it won't change anytime soon, nothing to see here move along.

Yea, big shocker there! I've buried enough people to see through their shtick.

Did you know it's perfectly legal for you to pick up the deceased, put them in your vehicle and transport them to a funeral home for cremation, or directly for burial if you so choose? You don't have to use a funeral home if you don't want to. And there are plenty of methods of burial now that you don't even need a casket or grave marker.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:22 pm

IMO this service should be exempt from charging this tax on. It's just inappropriate. Funeral homes charge more than enough to cover their costs of operating their business.

I think carbon tax is bullshit anyway. It's just another source of general revenue for the government for whatever purpose they need.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Strutz Strutz:
IMO this service should be exempt from charging this tax on. It's just inappropriate. Funeral homes charge more than enough to cover their costs of operating their business..

Paid 300 euros for my cat 2 years ago.

:?

Everyone should be exempt from these stupid carbon taxes.
It's just theft covered up in white guilt bullshit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:01 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
andyt andyt:

Did you know it's perfectly legal for you to pick up the deceased, put them in your vehicle and transport them to a funeral home for cremation, or directly for burial if you so choose? You don't have to use a funeral home if you don't want to. And there are plenty of methods of burial now that you don't even need a casket or grave marker.

Who's going to do that? Sling mom over your shoulder and put her in your car. Would be great for using the HOV lane tho - give the cop something to think about. Be fun to go thru the drive thru in reverse.

If you plant mom somewhere, they'd probably get you for improper disposal of a body. Shouldn't there be a carbon tax on burying somebody as well? I can't find how much carbon would be released.