canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:54 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Trudeau's idiocy, which is ongoing, damages an entire country though. Cherry's just a cranky old man with a big mouth. You can opt out on Don by simply not watching his segment. There's no escape anywhere in this country from both the embarrassment Trudeau causes to all of us or from the rancor & disintegration his policies are causing.

Demagoguery by public figures isn’t harmless though. It has real consequences. People like him and Alex Jones and Limbaugh are how Trump got into power.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Even on hockey he was a dinosaur with all this ranting about European players and the praise for fighting and hits. At 85 it’s time to share your opinions at the nursing home.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:14 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Thanos Thanos:
Trudeau's idiocy, which is ongoing, damages an entire country though. Cherry's just a cranky old man with a big mouth. You can opt out on Don by simply not watching his segment. There's no escape anywhere in this country from both the embarrassment Trudeau causes to all of us or from the rancor & disintegration his policies are causing.

Demagoguery by public figures isn’t harmless though. It has real consequences. People like him and Alex Jones and Limbaugh are how Trump got into power.

And apathy, voter laziness, and narcissism is how Trudeau got elected.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:09 pm

xerxes xerxes:
$1:
“I have just learned I’ve been fired by Sportsnet for comments made on Coach’s Corner Nov. 9,” Cherry told me in a phone interview. “No problem.”

Cherry added: “I know what I said and I meant it. Everybody in Canada should wear a poppy to honour our fallen soldiers.”

And if he’d said it like that, he’d still have a job. But he didn’t. He made it about immigrants and that’s why he’s gone.

R=UP R=UP

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:17 pm

rickc rickc:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Thanos Thanos:

And apathy, voter laziness, and narcissism is how Trudeau got elected.

Apathy? By whom? People voted AGAINST Sheer ! Hell, even I would have voted Liberal if I thought it would of kept Sheer out of the PMO.

Laziness??? On who’s part?

Narcissism??? You’ve got to explain that one.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:46 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

And appealing to all the hipster doofus pajama boys on Twitter is how Trudeau got elected. It's how we ended up with a Canadian government run by Carl The Cuck and AIDS Skrillex.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:47 pm

Thanos Thanos:
And appealing to all the hipster doofus pajama boys on Twitter is how Trudeau got elected. It's how we ended up with a Canadian government run by Carl The Cuck and AIDS Skrillex.

Don't forget Boomers who were nostalgic for Trudeaumania 1.0.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:32 pm

(obnoxious Boomer nostalgia & sentimentality + ridiculous Millenial SJW posturing) x 1000 giga-tonnes of typical self-righteous Canadian bullshit = the worst outcome possible. Yeah, I hate this kind of fucking math too.

:|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:47 am

Cherry was unapologetic. At least he was consistent. Perhaps if he had changed with the rest of us he wouldn't be such a dinosaur.

At this point, he's just a clown, and has been since forever. Look at his wardrobe! All he's missing is the face paint and big nose. People just tuned him in to see what absurdity he'd come up with this week. But he crossed a line.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:26 am

I'm surprised that he didn't retire years ago, to be honest.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:39 am

tbh, his wardrobe was the only reason I watched him. I think had his not wearing the poppy comment been directed at us all, and not just immigrants, and had he apologised; things would have been different.

There is no doubting his patriotism, and once in a while he made some good hockey points, but in recent years he was becoming increasingly out of step with the modern game.

Its a shame it ended this way for him. The man had been doing HNIC since 1982.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:57 am

I don't watch the show and don't know this Don guy. From what I'm just reading here I have to agree with Thanos's statement that it seems he crossed a line.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:23 am

To the hockey fans out there, how relevant was he to the sport at this stage? I know nothing about it but he seemed stuck in some bygone era.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:31 am

stratos stratos:
I don't watch the show and don't know this Don guy.

For a little context, Don Cherry was a hockey player in 60's and 70's, in the AHL, played one game in the NHL, and was the coach of Boston and Colorado till the early 80's. Since then, he's had a short program between periods on Hockey Night in Canada.

He's always been controversial, like promoting his "Rocke'em Sock'em" videos of hockey fights, at a time when people were calling for less fighting in Hockey and more Hockey in Hockey.

He's always been fairly controversial, but he's gone and undermined the value immigrants have had and the contributions to Canada's military that Immigrants have given over the decades.

Like the guys at Punjabi Hockey Night in Canada said, he passed up an opportunity on talking to youth on why it's important to wear a poppy, and instead relegated himself to being a joke.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator