Category: Political
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2016-11-09 06:12:23
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:20 am

he has already toned down his BS during his victory speech. He will continue to tone down his ramblings in the coming weeks. I really think he will be like an Obama, all talk virtually zero action.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:32 am

The problems with the US system that Trump claims he can fix - like Washington being controlled by lobbyists and interests - are not something any President can fix. The American political system has a fundamental design flaw, which can't be fixed by anyone, let alone an ignorant, petulant, completely unqualified man-baby like Trump.

The status quo will continue regardless.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:33 am

uwish uwish:
he has already toned down his BS during his victory speech. He will continue to tone down his ramblings in the coming weeks. I really think he will be like an Obama, all talk virtually zero action.

I doubt it. Obama had the disadvantage of not being aligned with party majorities in Congress. Very little he could do without support there. Trump only has ill will to contend with in Congress, but it's all Republican majorities.

I think it will be a dark time for things like the Free Market, Net Neutrality, the Environment, Privacy, NASA and the National Science Foundation. Worse than Obama, that is.

If Trump has shown anything during his campaign is that he 'goes with his gut', despite evidence. Most politicians do this, they go with what they think will get them re-elected. I think that's going to be the legacy of the Trump Presidency. I'd prefer to be wrong about that, but I don't see it right now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:11 am

The last president that went with his gut ended up in the morass of Iraq and Afghanistan and presided overy the worst economic collapse since the Depression. He also said he looked into Putin's eyes, saw his soul, and declared him one of the good guys. Chew on that for awhile among many other things this sad and mournful day, because thats what going with your gut instead of your fucking brain gets you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:19 am

The US system is supposed to be one of checks and balances. With the presidency, congress and the supreme court all Republican, there will be few checks and balances on this man, who seems to have a bit of an ego problem. Could get very scary for Americans.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:28 am

It's going to be scary for the whole world when through power of sheer obnoxious belligerence he induces the JAS people to reset the doomsday clock to 30 seconds from midnight.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:41 am

andyt andyt:
The US system is supposed to be one of checks and balances. With the presidency, congress and the supreme court all Republican, there will be few checks and balances on this man, who seems to have a bit of an ego problem. Could get very scary for Americans.

Could get totally fucking wonderful for Americans like me! [cheer]

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:46 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
The problems with the US system that Trump claims he can fix - like Washington being controlled by lobbyists and interests - are not something any President can fix. The American political system has a fundamental design flaw, which can't be fixed by anyone, let alone an ignorant, petulant, completely unqualified man-baby like Trump.

The latest problem is "Citizens United". Congress has passed a law about campaign donations to try to limit corruption, but the group "Citizens United" appealed to the Supreme Court and won. Trump could appoint a justice to overturn that. And Congress will likely want to ensure a non-Republican non-establishment man-baby like Trump can't buy his way in again.

andyt andyt:

Trump isn't Republican. He was Democrat for years. He's just an opportunist and ego-maniac. I don't expect a great deal of cooperation from establishment Republicans in Congress.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:51 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

One friend phoned and said "The Purge" starts now. He said it's a movie. I did a quick Google, the trailer is scary. Government needs a purge, not the rest of us.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:29 am

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

One friend phoned and said "The Purge" starts now. He said it's a movie. I did a quick Google, the trailer is scary. Government needs a purge, not the rest of us.

In some respects, yes it does. It's expected that a lot of illegal aliens from Mexico and points south will go home for Christmas and not return.

We're also expecting a lot of celebrities to head for Canada.

I expect Hillary might apply for asylum in Ecuador. :wink:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:35 am

Thanos Thanos:
It's going to be scary for the whole world when through power of sheer obnoxious belligerence he induces the JAS people to reset the doomsday clock to 30 seconds from midnight.

Trump isn't an interventionist unlike Clinton he's almost an isolationist which could help with forgiven policy it's hard to say. As Bart pointed out there's checks and balances for being able to launch a Nuclear Strike which means it will likely never happen in his first term.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:38 am

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
Trump isn't Republican. He was Democrat for years. He's just an opportunist and ego-maniac. I don't expect a great deal of cooperation from establishment Republicans in Congress.

There's no evidence for any of this. The establishment GOP clods will fall in line because they're too scared of losing their jobs in the midterms. The Tea Party pustules will embrace Trump joyously because he's as much of a fucking misanthrope as they are. I fully expect every single vote in Congress for the next four years to be entirely split along party lines.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:40 am

BRAH BRAH:
Thanos Thanos:

Trump isn't an interventionist unlike Clinton he's almost an isolationist which could help with forgiven policy it's hard to say. As Bart pointed out there's checks and balances for being able to launch a Nuclear Strike which means it will likely never happen in his first term.

I think it will be alot of "peace through strength". He will bulk up the military and maintain a large lead in technological superiority between America and it's nearest competitor.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:46 am

I hope all the trade deals he tears up destroys your investment portfolio.