Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:56 am

Curtman Curtman:
Good lord.

We're still talking about these idiots?

I can't wait until next year when nobody remembers who they were.

Well, they've managed to star in one of the highest rated shows currently on the boob tube. What have you done?
If you're feeling jealous, maybe you could contact A&E or Discovery and pitch a show about your one man crusade to legalize pot.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:08 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
Curtman Curtman:
Good lord.

Well, they've managed to star in one of the highest rated shows currently on the boob tube. What have you done?
If you're feeling jealous, maybe you could contact A&E or Discovery and pitch a show about your one man crusade to legalize pot.

Oh good lord do not encurage him. He might just do that and A&E might be just pathetic enough to do the show. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:54 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
Curtman Curtman:
Good lord.

Curt has just been inspired to start yet another pot thread

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:57 am

CanadianJeff CanadianJeff:
Wow this guy also thinks girls should be marrying at age 15....

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/29/d ... ey-are-15/

Anyone willing to defend this guy when he's basically saying it's ok to have sex with a 15 year old after marrying her?

Nope. And if he acts on this belief then I hope he ends up as someone's b!tch in prison. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:13 am

Doesn't matter what he said in the past. Or in the future either, no matter how stupid or insulting whatever he says turns out to be. Hands off, damn you, he's a Christian! The dogwhistle has sounded, the loyal troops/orcs arrived on cue to do their thang, another battle in the Culture War ends in, like, totally awesome triumph. To blatantly mooch from Survivor, another piece of "reality" TV dreck, the head ducker has total immunity from now on in. Yay, we win, they lose! :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:30 am

Everyone keeps portraying him as some poor unedjeekated backwoods swamp cajun, forgetting that he has an M.Ed. If anything this A&E controversy is going to garner him an even larger audience. Haven`t got time for this scripted shit anyways....Storage Wars is all I need. Barry Rules :mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:35 am

I'd like to see the look on Barry's face when they pop open a locker and find that it's been stuffed to the ceiling with all sorts of high-end Nazi memorabilia. Ehhhh, I think I'll let Jarrod take this one...... :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:53 am

Thanos Thanos:
I'd like to see the look on Barry's face when they pop open a locker and find that it's been stuffed to the ceiling with all sorts of high-end Nazi memorabilia. Ehhhh, I think I'll let Jarrod take this one...... :twisted:

How bad would you like to see it? Just take some of your collection down to the shoot and make a deal to get it into the script. :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:57 am

ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:07 am

All my collection is autographed with "To Thanos, with thanks for all the policy ideas, from your pal, A.H.". Dan & Laura Dodson aren't getting their filthy criminal paws on a single piece of it. I'm not giving any of it up except in exchange for some major quantities of Reichsmarks. Or a big box full of handguns. :twisted:

And to end the old year (and hopefully this entire thread) on a disturbing note, the military surplus dealer from Falling Down (aka The Greatest White Guy Movie Of All Time):

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:50 pm

While the media gave nonstop coverage of Phil Robertson, this was happening in Uganda with the support of U.S. churches.

http://www.thewire.com/global/2013/12/u ... nt/356365/

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:17 pm

Centre Centre:
While the media gave nonstop coverage of Phil Robertson, this was happening in Uganda with the support of U.S. churches.

http://www.thewire.com/global/2013/12/u ... nt/356365/

This is what happens when people push too hard. Other people push back.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:18 pm

And some folks interpret merely existing as "pushing too hard". You exist when I don't like you? Time for a rootin-tootin hootenanny of a genocide, folks!

Probably going to take a few hundred thousand more years of evolution before Christ's ideas of not treating each other like crap and not engaging in lethal violence over completely unimportant differences ever take hold.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:21 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Falling Down (aka The Greatest White Guy Movie Of All Time):

I don't know about greatest, but top 5 for sure.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:09 pm

So much irritation by this whole thread......I can't even.

None of you...well unless you're like me...can imagine what it feels like to wade through pages upon pages of debate about the very essence of your life.

I don't choose to be gay. Why on EARTH, would I choose to have this pain? Why would I CHOOSE to watch my mother break down in unstoppable tears when i told her I was gay? Why would I CHOOSE to watch my mom heave back and forth shouting "No, No, No, this can't be right, this can't be true" to only physically actually vomit at the though of her song being gay???!

Why would I CHOOSE after a hell of a 6 months with my mother to tell my father to only watch him CRY for 5 days in a row, thinking he failed as a dad and as a man. That he somehow failed to instil masculine values in his son. That I voluntarily moved out to live with my (ironically) homophobic uncle to get away from my dad's extreme depression.

Both my mother and father, thank God, came around. My mom realized, above all else the LOVE of her child was what mattered most, above religion. She is still a devout Christian, but she's worked out her faith that she knows her son is not in contravention to her beliefs. My dad took awhile, yet he realized he didn't influence me to be this way and is now my biggest advocate. I'm so thankful for the growth I've witnessed in both of them.

Why would I choose that? Why would I CHOOSE to be raised in a conservative Baptist Christian environment where I viewed my only options as:

(a) stay celibate for the rest of my life and pursue no relationships -- opposite or same sex
(b) Go into conversion therapy and try my best to pursue opposite sex relations only to string a poor innocent women (& maybe children) into my web of deceit and destroy more lives then just my own
(c) OR pursue a loving desired same-sex relationship and consign myself to an eternity in hell.

WHO THE HELL CHOOSES THIS.

Do any of you in your cosy chairs viewing this thread have any idea of how fucking painful this process is?!?!

If I had a magic pill I'd take it in an instant. I'm not some brat who isn't aware of my privilege. I awake thankful everyday I live in Canada where I can pursue my happiness without much difficulty. But, I'm still very aware that 90% of the rest of the world views me as a sick and ill deviant who is against nature and morality.

When I want to travel the world with my future husband, I know that I can't hold his hand, I have to play off "buddy buddy" best friends bullshit because of other culture and nation's disapproval of me.

I believe full 100% this man his right to freedom of speech. Yet, he doesn't have a right to a reality tv show. A&E has every right to respond how they choose. They chose to re-instate him. So be it.

I watched a few episodes. I won't watch anymore. My family won't either.

I can't support that bigotry.

I don't know why God had to have me born in such an age. I don't want to be the focus of the news... At most we're 5-10% of the population. Gay people ARE an aberration. We, cannot, biologically speaking be normal. It'd fuck over mankind. I get that. But that's not reason why we don't deserve equal respect, love, and treatment under the law. We don't convert others because we CAN'T convert.

Its a weird and eery feeling knowing you've been born to an age of transition. I know that my life is one of transition that will set the path for future little gay boys and girls to live a much, much easier life. And I'm okay with that. Because I know gay men and women before me lived far worse lives to get me to this stage.

Just the fact this is still an issue saddens me. I can't live caring that much. Still, I do. Not for me. My sensitivities are hardened. But for other vulnerable and young gay men and women. The message they receive from their parents, celebrities, leaders, culture, church, etc. will leave an unerasable mark on their soul.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 498 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 22  23  24  25  26  27  28 ... 34  Next