canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:33 am

Title: Elliot Lake, Ont. mall collapse inquiry concludes greed, incompetence, neglect led to Algo Centre tragedy | CTV News
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2014-10-15 08:41:25
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:33 am

$1:
"Some of these failings were minor, some were not: they ranged from apathy, neglect and indifference through mediocrity, ineptitude and incompetence, to outright greed, obfuscation and duplicity."

So nice to see Canada's standards hitting third world levels.

Well done indeed.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:40 am

martin14 martin14:
$1:
"Some of these failings were minor, some were not: they ranged from apathy, neglect and indifference through mediocrity, ineptitude and incompetence, to outright greed, obfuscation and duplicity."

Well done indeed.

Needs more 'bribery' though. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:42 am

Not much more, seems to be at pretty high, pervasive levels in Quebec. (Maybe the other provinces are just better at covering it up.)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:24 am

martin14 martin14:
$1:

Well done indeed.

It's worse than you think.
http://business.financialpost.com/2014/ ... do-market/

$1:
“The life cycle is clear. They are okay for the first five years, they gradually deteriorate by year 10 … and don’t even reach year 20 before significant remedial work needs to be done. In 50 years these buildings may well become an urban slum.”

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:43 am

OK, Chinese levels then. :lol:

It will get even better when the housing bubble pops.

Outside of TO and Van, it probably already has.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:06 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
It's worse than you think.
http://business.financialpost.com/2014/ ... do-market/

$1:
“The life cycle is clear. They are okay for the first five years, they gradually deteriorate by year 10 … and don’t even reach year 20 before significant remedial work needs to be done. In 50 years these buildings may well become an urban slum.”

So is Toronto just 10 years behind Vancouver? We went thru this bullshit 15 years ago, don't hear much about it anymore. People going broke because their brand new condo needs remediation, with the builder nowhere to be found or be sued, the govt holding itself blameless for the lax inspections and standards. When I bought mine, I made sure to have "Dr Death" inspect it - very thorough.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:15 am

Seems reflective of the Y generation. Expect to see much more in the future.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:38 am

Oh, I think the Vancouver problem falls squarely into the time frame of the boomers. The oldest gen Yers were still in their teens at when this started here. In fact even now, gen y doesn't have its hands on the levers of power that make the regulations for this sort of thing to happen, nor are they likely to be developers or head of a building company. Man, those poor kids get shit for everything.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:47 am

It does, but the young ones now are very much of the "I don't give a shit" attitude. Do as little as possible and expect everything. Half assed is better than nothing - be thankful I did that much. We're going to see more of this down the road. Much more.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:16 am

You understand this is a problem of greed and govt acquiescence, not some slackers not putting in a good day's work, right? From what I've read, the millennials are actually more socially conscious than their forbears. This is the Alex P Keatons running amok.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:43 am

andyt andyt:
From what I've read, the millennials are actually more socially conscious than their forbears.

That doesn't make them worth shit in the work force. I know. I work with them as opposed to read about them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:19 pm

wildrosegirl wildrosegirl:
andyt andyt:
From what I've read, the millennials are actually more socially conscious than their forbears.

That doesn't make them worth shit in the work force. I know. I work with them as opposed to read about them.

I'd also ad that the majority of young people from BC coming out to work oil have the WORST work ethic I've ever seen. Absolutely 90% of them are worse than useless. Lazy, stupid and refuse to listen seems to be bred into them.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:26 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
I'd also ad that the majority of young people from BC coming out to work oil have the WORST work ethic I've ever seen. Absolutely 90% of them are worse than useless. Lazy, stupid and refuse to listen seems to be bred into them.

It isn't just BC. It's all of 'em. I've worked with all sorts from across the country and about 2/10 are worth their paycheques. The rest are coddled, entitled little tits.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:41 pm

wildrosegirl wildrosegirl:
andyt andyt:

They sure can't do math ...not even basic, in-your-head addition, etc.

They tried to teach them 'Mathematics" rather than practical, day-to-day figuring.