bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:15 pm

One guy on the radio: How dare they limit us to 30L of gas per fillup? Why don't they just open the border and let us gas up in Washington? They don't care about people!
And of course the spineless radio host: That's a good question!

Yeah. Drive an extra 30 miles and spend your money in another country. After a catastrophe caused by climate change - just so you can buy as much as you want even if you can't fucking drive anywhere....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:59 pm

herbie herbie:
One guy on the radio: How dare they limit us to 30L of gas per fillup? Why don't they just open the border and let us gas up in Washington? They don't care about people!
And of course the spineless radio host: That's a good question!

Yeah. Drive an extra 30 miles and spend your money in another country. After a catastrophe caused by climate change - just so you can buy as much as you want even if you can't fucking drive anywhere....

It doesn't surprise me at all that some have that stupid selfish attitude. :roll:

It's like the jerks scooping up everything at grocery stores in some places.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:07 pm

If they don't limit quantities, they'll get people filling up plastic bags and Styrofoam coolers again.

The reason stupid people can't do what they want sometimes is because other stupid people tried it before.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:19 pm

I get why it’s being done, I have no idea how it’s going to be enforced other than relying on the honour system.

Around the corner from where I live there’s a gas station. I literally, can drive 100m down the street and fill another 30L at a different gas station. And there’s two more another 200m away.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:17 pm

xerxes xerxes:
I get why it’s being done, I have no idea how it’s going to be enforced other than relying on the honour system.

Around the corner from where I live there’s a gas station. I literally, can drive 100m down the street and fill another 30L at a different gas station. And there’s two more another 200m away.

When you wait in line 1.5 hours at the first one, you might forget about the second one.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:37 pm

Gee.. didn't see any Teslas lined up in the news. Some people must be laughing at those that scoffed them.
Now the ICE owners are suffering from "range anxiety"

The price of gas jumped here yesterday. On Alberta oil (sold for $20 below market ;ast week) refined in Edmonton and Prince George, all roads and rail lines clear and open.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:06 pm

Some good news today. Water levels on the Fraser River have fallen enough that floodgates at the Barrowtown pumping station can be opened. Now, water can be drained from Sumas Prairie at a faster rate than just what the pumps can do.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:33 pm

/\/\
It is a step forward for sure. I'm worried about the next system coming in on Monday and how much more rain it might bring. At least there is another day of trying to get as much done there as possible and for as many transport trucks as possible to move goods. I pray there are no further issues on the highways and to any more lives being lost.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:53 pm

Yeah. We're not out of the woods yet. The Mayor said today the dike is about 50% repaired which is good progress. The variable that still remains is the weather. The rain is forecast to fall around 20mm a day starting Monday so at least it isn't a deluge like it was last weekend. So hopefully with the rain spaced out over the week, the pumps and dikes can keep up with the water.

The near team question over the next week or two will how fast can we get the highways usable again. The 3, 7, and 99 are open now but to only single lane, essential traffic which is good but still far from ideal.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:30 pm

More progress today. The floodgates at the Barrowtown Pump station are now fully open and repairs to the biggest dike breach coming along well.

That said, rain is in the forecast for the next few days, but as long it's spaced out and not all in one day like what caused this disaster, we'll be ok.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:23 am

New flyover footage of Merritt shows complete erasure of Highway 8

Here's the video

The Coquihalla is in a bad way, but it's shocking how much worse Highway 8 between Merritt and Spences Bridge is. The Nicola River has reclaimed large stretches of it. Fortunately it's not the most vital highway out of service at the moment, but still....my God.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:04 am

Hang on! More rain Thursday and Saturday. :( Hopefully no freezing weather till . . .March.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:06 pm

We can rebuild, we can make the roads better

But that will cost more money, won't it 8O

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:16 pm

So much devastation in so many areas of the province. Such a loss of homes and livelihoods that affect so many people. :(

There is so much work that needs to be done yet I marvel at how much progress they have been able to make so far. Kudos to all that are making such an effort to reestablish road and rail lines and ensure the safety of residents.

So much for most of us to be grateful for yet I've had to listen to petty whining about this and that being unavailable here and there from customers.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  Next