Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:36 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
A Prime Minister's Office drunk on its own arrogance: Robyn Urback

(to nobody in particular) But the CBC is pro-Liberal, right?

Just an opinion piece, it's already dropped off the main news cycle.

I watched power and politics yesterday. Four people commenting, one saying it as it is, three defending Trudeau.

You mean the 'Power Panel'? The ones not employed by the CBC?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/meet-t ... -1.4074188

Or did you mean the opposition members they interviewed?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/powera ... -1.5247622

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:01 am

The two recognisable names were Françoise Boivin and Stockwell Day don't know the others.

Stockwell Day said it as it is with frequent interruptions from host Vassy Kapelos, the others all supported Trudeau to some degree.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:04 am

The point being though, none of "the panel" work for the CBC. Only Vassy Kapelos. So their views are not that of the CBC.

Robin Urback does work for the CBC.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:09 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
The point being though, none of "the panel" work for the CBC. Only Vassy Kapelos. So their views are not that of the CBC.

Technically correct, however the CBC recruits them to put their Liberal views forward. Why not recruit people with Conservative views?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:20 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Technically correct, however the CBC recruits them to put their Liberal views forward. Why not recruit people with Conservative views?

Like Stockwell Day? Or Andrew Coyne from the National Post?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:44 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
stratos stratos:
This is a head line I'm seeing on my phone. " Canada's Trudeau accepts he breached ethics rules but refuses to apologize. " I've not read the article but says its from NBC News 5 hrs ago.

Not much here, just the odd mention, certainly not main news anymore.

The Current (CBC) spent half an hour talking about it this morning, and it was mostly bad coverage for Trudeau.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the ... -1.5247769

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:01 am

stratos stratos:
This is a head line I'm seeing on my phone. " Canada's Trudeau accepts he breached ethics rules but refuses to apologize. "
Of course he won't. He's too busy running around apologizing for the past actions of others he had nothing to do with. Unfortunately, leftist virtue signaling has NOTHING to do with personal responsibility and everything to do with being self-aggrandizing.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:14 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:
stratos stratos:
This is a head line I'm seeing on my phone. " Canada's Trudeau accepts he breached ethics rules but refuses to apologize. " I've not read the article but says its from NBC News 5 hrs ago.

Not much here, just the odd mention, certainly not main news anymore.

The Current (CBC) spent half an hour talking about it this morning, and it was mostly bad coverage for Trudeau.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the ... -1.5247769

It is hard to put a positive spin on this, though there are a lot of talking heads Twitter attempting to deflect with the #IStandWithTrudeau hashtag.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:19 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Then why are they always outnumbered usually three to one by Liberal supporters?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:33 am

:mrgreen:

Attachments:
TruBronc.jpg
TruBronc.jpg [ 47.88 KiB | Viewed 23 times ]
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:44 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

Then why are they always outnumbered usually three to one by Liberal supporters?

Perhaps they get tossed out of the Canadian Club if they appear on the CBC? I don't know, I failed Mind Reading in University.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:47 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Perhaps they get tossed out of the Canadian Club if they appear on the CBC? I don't know, I failed Mind Reading in University.

Well the CBC uses a great deal of mind reading.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:50 am

Well, if the man failed Mind Reading 101 in University, he can't work for the CBC.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:29 pm

Apparently Thomas Mulcair doesn't think to much of the SOPET.

This guy has to go. He's genuinely becoming what he so idolizes, a freakin little dictator. I can remember 4+ years ago when the left was continually calling Harper a dictator, well where are they now because had Harper done one tenth of what Trudeau has done they'd have wanted his head on a pike rather than just defeated in an election.

He's been censured twice now for breaking the law but for some reason that's perfectly acceptale for the "end justifies the means crowd" and it's either crickets or excuses from them for, Beloved Leader.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:40 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Apparently Thomas Mulcair doesn't think to much of the SOPET.

So?

Listening to what a politician thinks about morality is like asking a hockey player about high energy physics.

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
He's been censured twice now for breaking the law but for some reason that's perfectly acceptale for the "end justifies the means crowd" and it's either crickets or excuses from them for, Beloved Leader.

Like, who?

I've read this thread a couple times, and I recall most of the SNC/JWB one, and no one every excused his behaviour.