canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:36 am

Title: Exclusive: Trump team seeks agency records on border barriers, surveillance
Category: Uncle Sam
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2017-01-04 08:33:27

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:36 am

Here's another way to look at that:

"Trump Poised to Build Wall and Undo Obama's Executive Actions on Immigration"

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/01/03 ... migration/

$1:
President-elect Donald Trump is poised to hit the ground running when he takes office in two and a half weeks, and it looks like "the wall" and reversing Obama's immigration policies are high on the agenda.

Reuters reported Tuesday that Donald Trump's transition team has requested "documents and analysis" from the Department of Homeland Security to "assess all assets available for border wall and barrier construction" on both the northern and southern borders. Even better, they have "asked for copies of every executive order and directive sent to immigration agents since Obama took office in 2009," according to the exclusive report.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:38 am

What will be really interesting is who gets to work on building "The Wall." Will it be unemployed Americans? Americans who were employed at Walmart ? Or illegal immigrants? Waiting to see!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:40 am

If he doesn't militarize the border, anything he does won't be worth squat.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:41 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
What will be really interesting is who gets to work on building "The Wall." Will it be unemployed Americans? Americans who were employed at Walmart ? Or illegal immigrants? Waiting to see!

Myself I'd hire the Israelis. Those people know how to build a f*cking wall! :D

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:49 am

martin14 martin14:

My late father in law, USA Ret. would be laughing his head off at the thought of it. Unless you plan to invade, better keep troops out of it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:59 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
martin14 martin14:

My late father in law, USA Ret. would be laughing his head off at the thought of it. Unless you plan to invade, better keep troops out of it.

Mexico's Army invades the US on a regular basis therefore putting US forces on the border is a completely proportionate response.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ince-2004/

DHS: Mexican Military, Police Made 300 Illegal Border Incursions into U.S. Since 2004

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:08 am

Responding to an invasion and supervising a border don't appear to me to be closely related. As my father in law said, the army is really really good at invasion and defending from an invader. Not so much at (and I will have to rely on my own words here as I have forgotten his exact expression) static situations.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:11 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
Responding to an invasion and supervising a border don't appear to me to be closely related. As my father in law said, the army is really really good at invasion and defending from an invader. Not so much at (and I will have to rely on my own words here as I have forgotten his exact expression) static situations.

Yet the US Army held a static situation in Europe against the Russians for about 45 years and they've also successfully managed a static situation in the Korean DMZ for almost sixty years. :idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:21 am

Trump really is dreaming. Building a wall is pointless when you consider all the tunnels. This is just pissing into the wind really.

As for a wall on the northern border, yeah, good luck with that. 5000 miles of border, about half of which is divided by big water.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:26 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
fifeboy fifeboy:

Yet the US Army held a static situation in Europe against the Russians for about 45 years and they've also successfully managed a static situation in the Korean DMZ for almost sixty years. :idea:

I'm not trying to dis the US military here. Preventing Divisions of tanks or Battalions of troops from crossing a line is different from trying to prevent infiltration by men and women in search of cheap labour jobs. I would think a better organized and trained border patrol would do it better.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:46 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
Responding to an invasion and supervising a border don't appear to me to be closely related.

As has been pointed out, the army has experience with patrolling borders.
Besides, the cartels have better weapons than the Mexican army.

Simply put the wall 500 yards inside the border, and anything in front
of it becomes a kill zone. End of discussion.

The Warsaw Pact was pretty good as stopping people from going over;
The IDF also has experience with Hamas tunnels.

So, everyone has experience to help Trump. All he has to do is get serious about it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:49 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
I'm not trying to dis the US military here. Preventing Divisions of tanks or Battalions of troops from crossing a line is different from trying to prevent infiltration by men and women in search of cheap labour jobs. I would think a better organized and trained border patrol would do it better.

Myself I think it would be even easier to just pass a law that makes it illegal for anyone to hire illegal aliens and that the fine should be $100,000 per incident plus one year in prison for employers of illegals.

I'd also make it so the Executives and the entire Board of Directors of any offending corporation would have to spend a year in prison and each pay towards the fine their corporation owes for hiring illegals.

No more jobs for illegals in the US would then mean no more illegals in most of the US. They'd go home all on their own. No wall needed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:55 am

If trump builds anything resembling an actual wall across the entire border and Mexico agrees to pay for it, I will donate $100 to CKA.

Conditions:

1) An actual wall. Not a "metaphorical wall" of public vigilance or whatever that's supposed to mean or an "electronic wall" of sensors as some Trumpers have started to back-peddle toward. Not a glorified fence or sheet-metal barricade, not a waist-high mini-wall or brief walled sections in limited designated areas, but the 55-foot high concrete wall at least 1,000 miles long as he promised. I will even accept his initial description of it being 30 feet high before he changed it.

2) Mexico has to pay for the entire cost of the wall directly. In fact, I'll do you one better and say I'll accept it if Mexico covers at least 75% of the cost and Americans pay the other 25% even though that's technically breaking his promise. I'll even accept it even if the government of Mexico agrees to pay the US for the wall over many years, so long as they make at least one payment while Trump is in office. But Mexico must publicly admit that it is paying for the cost of the wall. A change to the terms of US loans, grants, or other aid to Mexico can count as a payment towards the wall, provided that the government of Mexico has already publicly agreed to that payment arrangement IN ADVANCE.

That means no pretending that the deal and payment were made in secret and only Breitbart knows about it, or that some routine state-to-state financial transaction was actually a clandestine wall payment. Also no pretending that some non-financial concession by Mexico such as offshore drilling rights or drug laws or whatever is some kind of "payment" for the wall, or that some change in the amount of cross-border trade is some kind of payment for the wall.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:28 pm

I imagine Mexico will either pay for the wall directly (less likely) or else Trump will impose an excise tax on remittances to Mexico (more likely) to pay for the wall.

I would not be surprised if Mexico swallows their pride and goes for option #1 because then they can build it with their own labor and save money. The tax on remittances will cost them untold billions in revenue that keeps the country solvent and prevents revolution against the ruling class.

Meaning option #2 is very likely to cause a revolution in Mexico.