Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2018-03-14 11:51:39
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:22 pm

Freedom of speech no longer exists in the UK.

Blasphemy laws, truth presented as hate speech and two tier policing are the new order of the day for the British Isles.

And we're next...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:53 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:01 pm

Entering a country that isn't your own is a privilege, not a right...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:15 pm

raydan raydan:
Entering a country that isn't your own is a privilege, not a right...

Ezra responds to that:

Yeah, I know. You don't want to hear The Rebel's opinion. Good for you. Anybody who does want to know the response to the sudden interest of the left in protecting borders is free to click though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Pretty sure I recall you righties jumping for joy when Harper barred British MP George Galloway from visiting Canada. Why the hypocrisy?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:02 pm

xerxes xerxes:

One of them is a Pizzagater so, yeah, fuck all of them. Poor unfortunate citizen "journalists", my ass. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Thanos Thanos:
One of them is a Pizzagater so, yeah, fuck all of them. Poor unfortunate citizen "journalists", my ass. :evil:

I don't know. I didn't know about Pizzagate until you started talking about it. I listen to them all the time. I had to do a search to find out what you were talking about.

It's Brittany you're worried about, right? I think you're safe. Here's the interview with Tommy Robinson they banned her from Britain for trying to do. Nothing to do with this Pizzagate issue that worries you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:30 pm

That line from the movie Serenity always pops into my head:

"Can't stop the signal"

Britain's war with free speech only ensured more people will hear the message this time than would have heard it before they thought they could stop it.

They didn't stop it. It's above and anybody from Britain with an internet connection can watch it.

They tried to stop Martin Sellner from speaking at speaker's corner in Hyde park. This Sunday Tommy Robinson is going to see that the speech is delivered. More people will know about whatever happens there than ever would have.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:49 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Pretty sure I recall you righties jumping for joy when Harper barred British MP George Galloway from visiting Canada. Why the hypocrisy?

Pretty sure you didn't.

He's a dick, but let him speak would be my opinion. He should be free to speak. I should be free not to listen. I probably would listen though. Just to rip on his BS later.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:50 pm

Once someone gets outed as a Pizzagater, or any other kind of mentally-ill "truther", there's no point in listening to anything they have to say about anything.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:57 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Once someone gets outed as a Pizzagater, or any other kind of mentally-ill "truther", there's no point in listening to anything they have to say about anything.

There's another problem with stifling speech though. Now people are wanting to hear what Britain didn't want them to hear.

The topic is all over social media now in a way it never would have been before. I don't mean Pizzagate. Like I said you seem to be the only person still talking about that.

But the subjects Martin, Brittany, and Lauren were bringing to Britain are getting new attention.

And this Sunday, they'll be brought up again at what they're now calling the Battle for Speaker's Corner.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:11 pm

Britain has the absolute right to keep anyone out of their country as they see fit, as did Canada when the Harper government wouldn't let George Galloway in. Whether or not I agree with their reasons for a ban is irrelevant. If they got their publicity out of their manufactured astroturf controversy then bully for them. And the "free speech is dead!" argument is fairly bogus these days when they're using YouTube and Facebook and other platforms to reinforce each other, and jabber on over and over and over again about the same damn thing, in their little non-stop echo chamber.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:16 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Freedom of speech no longer exists in the UK.

Blasphemy laws, truth presented as hate speech and two tier policing are the new order of the day for the British Isles.

And we're next...

They won't let you in, eh?