canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:31 am

Title: Farmer Lobbying Group Sells Out Farmers, Helps Enshrine John Deere's Tractor Repair Monopoly
Category: Business
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2018-09-12 06:18:40
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

Warnings: (40%)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:31 am

Farmers should all go back to using dumb tractors.
Better for everyone.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:33 am

martin14 wrote:

Try to find one.

We'll wait here.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:49 am

Sad.
Quote:
"This agreement does not end monopolization of farm equipment repair,” Nathan Proctor, who is heading consumer rights group US PIRG’s right to repair efforts, told me in an email. “While it highlights how industry is feeling the pressure from Right to Repair, it also underscores that we need to do more if truly want the freedom to fix our property."
In other news, The Teleprompter In Chief is brainwashing the public about the evil Pre-Mod Edit violating Ameritard intellectual "property" laws. Meanwhile, farmers --- probably the last few people who actually earn their keep in the country --- are being blungeoned to death by the intellectual "property" law.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:52 am

martin14 wrote:
Better for everyone.

In California the farmers are fucked because of a law called AB-32 that required all heavy equipment operators to dispose of their heavy equipment and replace it with 'green' heavy equipment.

The real issue wasn't the environment, it was forcing people to buy this new equipment that enriched fuckers like Deere with these monopolistic and oppressive laws that prohibit self-repair and that prohibit professionals from using non-OEM sourced parts to repair vehicles.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:35 am

DrCaleb wrote:
martin14 wrote:

Try to find one.

We'll wait here.

My uncle uses a late 1940s early 50s Farmall super-A every day! One of the three tractors on the farm.

Not a crop farm so not applicable, but I love showing this thing off.

Attachments:
Nikon D80 193.jpg
Nikon D80 193.jpg [ 119.6 KiB | Viewed 4 times ]

Last edited by Tricks on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:45 am

Tricks wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
martin14 wrote:

Try to find one.

We'll wait here.

My uncle uses a late 1940s early 50s Darnall super-A every day! One of the three tractors on the farm.

Not a crop farm so not applicable, but I love showing this thing off.

Nice!

I have an Uncle who's hobby it is to restore old tractors like that. Which is really off, as he lives in a very urban suburb of Montreal. And he doesn't own a truck, so I wonder how he gets them, and what he does with them once restored. [huh] Best not to question.

But those kind of old tractors are totally incapable of pulling modern farm duty. They simply don't have the ability to connect to, or the power to pull modern implements. The implements are tied to the tractors, just like the parts are.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:10 am

In California it's now illegal to use an old tractor on your farm.

But hey, we're saving the planet AND enriching political cronies so it's worth it, right? :roll:

https://www.arb.ca.gov/cc/ab32/ab32.htm

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:15 am

BartSimpson wrote:
martin14 wrote:
Better for everyone.

In California the farmers are fucked because of a law called AB-32 that required all heavy equipment operators to dispose of their heavy equipment and replace it with 'green' heavy equipment.

The real issue wasn't the environment, it was forcing people to buy this new equipment that enriched fuckers like Deere with these monopolistic and oppressive laws that prohibit self-repair and that prohibit professionals from using non-OEM sourced parts to repair vehicles.

Funny, I'd think you'd be against any government involvement in this. I mean, free market forces and all. Who is the government to tell John Deere how to make a tractor? Some other company should just start making tractors you can fix and put them out of business, right?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:16 am

DrCaleb wrote:
Nice!

I have an Uncle who's hobby it is to restore old tractors like that. Which is really off, as he lives in a very urban suburb of Montreal. And he doesn't own a truck, so I wonder how he gets them, and what he does with them once restored. [huh] Best not to question.

But those kind of old tractors are totally incapable of pulling modern farm duty. They simply don't have the ability to connect to, or the power to pull modern implements. The implements are tied to the tractors, just like the parts are.

Oh for sure. He uses it to cut grass (those blades are awesome) and to pull wagons. That's about it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:19 am

Prof_Chomsky wrote:
Funny, I'd think you'd be against any government involvement in this. I mean, free market forces and all. Who is the government to tell John Deere how to make a tractor? Some other company should just start making tractors you can fix and put them out of business, right?

Government enabled a cartel to establish an illegal trust under the masquerade of environmental legislation.

And now government will regulate to death anyone who attempts to market an 'open source' tractor in order to protect the cartel.

That really is textbook fascism.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:29 am

Who wants to set up a machinery dealer with me?

Somewhere in the mid-west (not California, can't to the smog testing).

We will be selling these: http://www.mtzequipment.com/

Russian Tractors that will run modern equipment and anybody can work on them.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:31 am

BartSimpson wrote:
Prof_Chomsky wrote:

Government enabled a cartel to establish an illegal trust under the masquerade of environmental legislation.

And now government will regulate to death anyone who attempts to market an 'open source' tractor in order to protect the cartel.

That really is textbook fascism.

Government didn't cause all of the other tractor manufacturers to stop competing. They may have banned old polluting tractors (unless you upgraded them so they don't pollute). But Massey Ferguson, Kubota, Fendt, Deutz-Fahr, Class and Case (to name a few) all make modern tractors that don't pollute....

checkmate

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 am

Robair wrote:
Who wants to set up a machinery dealer with me?

Somewhere in the mid-west (not California, can't to the smog testing).

We will be selling these: http://www.mtzequipment.com/

Russian Tractors that will run modern equipment and anybody can work on them.

I can tell you for a fact that the guy who runs this business, Joe Hart, should be interested if you're serious:

http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/ameritractor/

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:34 am

Oh never mind. They're already showing a lot of US dealerships.

They really need to advertise the "fix it yourself" aspect of these rigs.