canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:24 am

Title: FEARS OF TSUNAMI FOR U.S. WEST COAST AS ERUPTING HAWAII VOLCANO FRACTURES MASSIVE UNSTABLE LANDMASS
Category: World
Posted By: Freakinoldguy
Date: 2018-05-08 11:23:48
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:24 am

Clickbait.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:12 am

There's no fear whatsoever that the Kilauea volcano is going to fracture and fall into the sea. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:05 am

"Cities like San Diego, Los Angeles and others could be wiped off the face of the earth. "

And now for the bad news...:)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:13 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Clickbait.

Just thought it was an interesting read given it's accidental timing with the rollout for the new BC Emergency alert program today.

Well that and the fact that, I've always wanted to try and surf a 1000 foot wave. :P

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:08 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Clickbait.

Just thought it was an interesting read given it's accidental timing with the rollout for the new BC Emergency alert program today.

Well that and the fact that, I've always wanted to try and surf a 1000 foot wave. :P

It was an interesting read. Out of curiosity I searched for related articles about the possibility of this scenario happening and did find a few from the past from different sources so this is nothing new, it's just being talked about again because of the severe activity happening there right now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:14 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Clickbait.

OK Garter Snake Plissken. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:16 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Clickbait.

OK Garter Snake Plissken. :lol:

ROTFL

Then, all I'd need is some guy named pipeline to give me a leg up on the time to surf. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:20 pm

:mrgreen:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:06 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Clickbait.

I understand. But giving assholes like that any sort of credibility is half the problem we have with news right now.

I went to http://tsunami.gov and right there was big bold letters "No warnings at this time".

People read the [knight] about planets coming to kill us (that don't) and all the other false alarms these clickbaters rely on to grab eyeballs, and sooner or later they'll stop paying attention. And that could be when they need to pay attention most!

Just my 2 cents. /rant

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:55 am

A Planet X neighbour explained that it's "infrared" and that's why we can't see it. All I could answer was that it was damn lucky the Soviets didn't paint their missiles black and launch them at night, we'd never have known they were coming!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:01 am

herbie herbie:
A Planet X neighbour explained that it's "infrared" and that's why we can't see it.

Exactly! And most people won't ask the simple question, "If we can't see it, how do we know it's infrared?"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:33 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:

That article includes a link to photos from the 1924 eruption that are quite amazing.