canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:55 pm

Title: Federal government hunted for person who leaked Omar Khadr's $10.5M settlement
Category: Political
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-04-04 14:06:58
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:55 pm

Omar got cheated out of his terrorist settlement money, GOOD.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:19 pm

No, Omar got his money. He's using some of it to buy a disused strip mall in Edmonton, with what it's to be re-purposed for unknown. Just the government on a witch-hunt for someone who dared to illuminated the public on the details that they apparently wanted to keep hidden in perpetuity. Just like with Adscam/Shawinigate, the Liberals take it bad when whistleblowers drag things out of the dark.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:32 pm

That third party they talk about was likely Omar's lawyer so, I'm pretty sure that those two didn't miss out on their blood money windfall.

$1:
The internal report, obtained through an access-to-information request, also shows that payment of the out-of-court settlement to Khadr was delayed by a day after public servants made a coding error that caused the transfer to be rejected by the Bank of Canada, through which the payment flowed to a bank account held by an unnamed third party.

But what bothers me even more is the fact that:

$1:
“Norman appears to be the first person in Canadian history to be criminally prosecuted for a purported violation of Cabinet confidences,”

So in essence they happily gave money to a terrorist and went after a person who did the right thing. Admiral Norman took an oath that far supersedes any "Public Service’s Values and Ethics Code", or oath to a "cabinet and leader" that show themselves to be as disingenuous the current Liberals are showing themselves to be.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:38 pm

When it is a crime to report a crime you are ruled by criminals. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:44 pm

Don't go there, Bart, not with the leadership your country currently has.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:07 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Don't go there, Bart, not with the leadership your country currently has.

Almost three years of a special prosecutor searching for and finding no evidence of your Russian Delusion wasn't enough for you?

You want the man convicted of something...anything...just because he's a big meanie and you don't like him.

Tough shit. Ain't gonna happen. Deal with it.

Also,

Attachments:
File comment: hahahahahaah
2020.PNG
2020.PNG [ 181.94 KiB | Viewed 553 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:10 pm

Never seen a soul sold for an $8500 tax cut. Kind of cheap when one thinks if it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:31 am

Thanos Thanos:
Never seen a soul sold for an $8500 tax cut. Kind of cheap when one thinks if it.

You sold yours to hate of anyone who has more money than you. You are so filled with it that at times you can't see a person for anything than the money they have and you haven't. I like you Thanos but this abiding hate for those with more than you is not healthy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:27 am

Life doesn't work out the way we want it to, or even the way we try hard to make it go. Get enough knives in the back, from those who only did it because they could, and sometimes hate is all that's left standing in the wreckage.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:37 am

Thanos Thanos:
Life doesn't work out the way we want it to, or even the way we try hard to make it go. Get enough knives in the back, from those who only did it because they could, and sometimes hate is all that's left standing in the wreckage.

I truly understand my friend. I have more knives in my back from the 13 years at this job than can be counted. Not to mention what life has delivered over the years via friends and relationships. I do understand the hate it generates I just chose not to focus so much on it. I rant and rave at times but I do try and let it go and focus on the good things in life either they be small things or that I was lucky enough to have had someone I can say I truly loved in my life. Look for the small things to be happy and about and let the other shit just slide off.

Hell I'm still being thrown under the bus every day here at work :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:11 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
So in essence they happily gave money to a terrorist and went after a person who did the right thing.

Welcome to the Liberal world.