Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:52 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
It's occured to me that the copious amounts of fentanyl and other powerful drugs that have suddenly hit the market are doing so with some amount of government involvement because these drugs are monitored. Someone in government knows this is happening and is perhaps complicit in what's happening.

Most Fentanyl we find here came from China, where it's chemicals are not controlled. And a baggie of Fentanyl will replace a tonne of heroin and is much easier to smuggle in, and is much cheaper to produce.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/firs ... -1.3761125

The downside is rather quickly eliminating your customer base though.

This Philippines dude has fascist written all over him.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:05 pm

[/quote]

The downside is rather quickly eliminating your customer base though.

This Philippines dude has fascist written all over him.[/quote]

Clearly. Not only is he a fascist, but he's rather stupid too. Nothing like offending the leader of the free world. Not only did he lose his one on one meeting which might have bore fruit of some kind for his country, but he might find loyalties to his fascism might not be so willing to just go along with his looney tactics for much longer.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:19 pm

"Free world". So are you proposing the United States invade to "Free" the people of the Philippines?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:20 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
This Philippines dude has fascist written all over him.

I think you mean he's an authoritarian given that the Phillipines are not at all a fascist country.

I suppose you need to look at it this way: Say Lee Hsien Loong, the PM of Singapore took over in Duterte's place.

Loong is a relatively nice guy who keeps his country in order. While Singapore is not open about their intolerance of drugs and crime the fact is that they have precious little of either. Criminals tend to have short lifespans in Singapore.

That said, Loong is accustomed to law and order. If he were to take over the Philippines he'd totally rain down a shitstorm of hate and vengeance on all disorderly elements in that country. It would be epic. That country would be in turmoil and then in a few decades it would run like a fine Swiss watch.

Duterte is the strongman of the moment. He's either laying the groundwork for a bigger SOB to follow him or else the country will go Muslim.

The man is a former prosecutor from a province that is anarchic at best. Fascist would be an improvement.

He's taking out the trash. I say [popcorn]

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:23 pm

llama66 llama66:
"Free world". So are you proposing the United States invade to "Free" the people of the Philippines?

You are a long suffering Leafs fan like myself so I will forgive you for your ignorance. Where did I suggest the U.S invade them?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:29 pm

$1:
Nothing like offending the leader of the free world. Not only did he lose his one on one meeting which might have bore fruit of some kind for his country, but he might find loyalties to his fascism might not be so willing to just go along with his looney tactics for much longer.

Didn't come out and say it, more like inferred it (to me at least)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:29 pm

$1:
Nothing like offending the leader of the free world. Not only did he lose his one on one meeting which might have bore fruit of some kind for his country, but he might find loyalties to his fascism might not be so willing to just go along with his looney tactics for much longer.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:38 pm

llama66 llama66:
$1:

I haven't inferred the invasion of any nation in my lifetime that I can recall.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:39 pm

shockedcanadian shockedcanadian:

Clearly. Not only is he a fascist, but he's rather stupid too. Nothing like offending the leader of the free world. Not only did he lose his one on one meeting which might have bore fruit of some kind for his country, but he might find loyalties to his fascism might not be so willing to just go along with his looney tactics for much longer.

Idi Amin school of diplomacy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:53 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I think you mean he's an authoritarian given that the Phillipines are not at all a fascist country.

I suppose you need to look at it this way: Say Lee Hsien Loong, the PM of Singapore took over in Duterte's place.

Loong is a relatively nice guy who keeps his country in order. While Singapore is not open about their intolerance of drugs and crime the fact is that they have precious little of either. Criminals tend to have short lifespans in Singapore.

That said, Loong is accustomed to law and order. If he were to take over the Philippines he'd totally rain down a shitstorm of hate and vengeance on all disorderly elements in that country. It would be epic. That country would be in turmoil and then in a few decades it would run like a fine Swiss watch.

Duterte is the strongman of the moment. He's either laying the groundwork for a bigger SOB to follow him or else the country will go Muslim.

The man is a former prosecutor from a province that is anarchic at best. Fascist would be an improvement.

He's taking out the trash. I say [popcorn]

Not trash.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:21 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
If anything, people who run drug gangs and people who run death squads are the same.

Okay, you're making progress here. [B-o]

Let's say they're the same.

So we remove the death squads from the equation because they hurt your feelings. Done.

Now what do we do with the drug gangs who are just as bad, just as uncivilized, and just as brutal?

How do you stop them (given that no one's been able to do so up until now) and who do you send to stop them? :?: :?: :?:

Anyone who opposes a president's extrajudicial killings of its own citizens is "hurt feelings". ?!? Are you for real??How do you not see that you're the bad guy here?

To answer your question on how to deal with them, how about military and/or law enforcement? And even if it's going to be lethal force, why not make a law allowing for it instead of itall happening outside of the law ar the illegal orders the president issues at whim?

I bet some day we learn this president, also the nations richest man, also has illegal enterprises and he's not so much taking out the trash as he is taking out the competition. I also won't be surprised if some of his political rivals end up on the receiving end of his death squads

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:27 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
How do you not see that you're the bad guy here?

My mistake for trying to have a discussion with you. Now go fuck yourself and stop bothering the adults.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:45 pm

That's not an adult response.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:48 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Calling me a 'bad guy' isn't very adult either. You sound like you're on a friggin' playground.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:47 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Calling me a 'bad guy' isn't very adult either. You sound like you're on a friggin' playground.

Bush Jr. liked the word "evildoer". Would that be preferable?