canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:16 am

Title: Fined $130 for public intoxication while waiting for designated driver service to pick them up
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: DerbyX
Date: 2009-12-06 08:49:06
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:16 am

unless these people were making a scene or causing some kind of disturbance, then this is not justified.

How did the cops know they were 'drunk'? Since they were not driving, the police would have no grounds for any sobriety testing...

This doesn't pass the smell test to me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:18 am

Nobody gets a 'Public Intox' ticket for being quiet. You get them for shouting and being a knob.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:42 am

Dammed if you do Dammed if you don't
if the police want to make a statement then fine we will drink,and drive,and you can have alot more paperwork. [B-o] [B-o] [B-o] [B-o] [B-o] [B-o] [B-o] [B-o] [B-o] [B-o] ..now where are my keys,and wher did I park that thing

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:44 am

This stinks.

Are they missing this years quota or something?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:25 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Nobody gets a 'Public Intox' ticket for being quiet. You get them for shouting and being a knob.

Sometimes cops just have a bad day EB. No one is infallible.

I could see it like the cop came up to them standing outside the drinking establishment, and being in a bad mood, was looking for someone to nail. From there approached them, asked what they were doing, and upon hearing they were waiting for the designated river, slapped em with the public intoxication fine.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:31 am

You are saying this from experience CM?

Me, I have dealt with idiot drunks who want to challenge me. They get a ticket or go to jail.

Now don't ask me anything on armoured vehicles or I could pretend I have a grasp on the subject and talk shite about Leopards and LAV's.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:52 am

Absolutely not EB, I don't drink and drive, and the only public intoxication is my 20 minute walk home from the Junior Ranks mess every friday night. Hell, sometimes the MPs are nice enough to give me a ride home when they see me stumbling along, no questions asked. :lol:

I have yet to meet a "bad" cop. Only bad experience was the dolt who let a pair of horse thieves drive off my property with my horse in their trailer.

I'm just trying to rationalize that, in my line of work, and in everyone's line of work, people inherently fuck up. This could be a case of that, just as it could be a case of both these people acting like drunken idiots. Frankly there isn't enough info to know for sure, so we can only speculate. My bad if my previous post seemed like an outright accusation.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:59 am

I once got fined because I was walking, with my bicycle in my hands, on the sidewalk, intoxicated. Why? Because I was publicly intoxicated and that is an offence. I was alone, and on my way home.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:05 pm

I wonder if the cops run that town. I was in a town like that in Washington State. Cops got it into their heads that they didn't want anyone drinking. It was actually quite easy--it's actually illegal for a bar to serve you more than a couple of beers, so they'd have a cop in the bar watching. It's illegal to drink and drive (so you can't drive) and its illegal to be intoxicated in public (so you can't get out of the bar). Everyone lived in fear of the cops--even the ones that appreciated the ad hoc prohibition.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:14 pm

Wow, what a change from when I was younger. I can remember my one neighbour literally dragging his face home from the bar on more than one occassion.
He'd be so drunk he'd be crawling home dragging his face along the sidewalk.
Cops never gave him a ticket for it.
But things change. I had a buddy in Cambridge that lived 3 blocks from the bar. He's had 4 public intox tickets just for walking home drunk.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:16 pm

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
Absolutely not EB, I don't drink and drive, and the only public intoxication is my 20 minute walk home from the Junior Ranks mess every friday night. Hell, sometimes the MPs are nice enough to give me a ride home when they see me stumbling along, no questions asked. :lol:

I have yet to meet a "bad" cop. Only bad experience was the dolt who let a pair of horse thieves drive off my property with my horse in their trailer.

I'm just trying to rationalize that, in my line of work, and in everyone's line of work, people inherently fuck up. This could be a case of that, just as it could be a case of both these people acting like drunken idiots. Frankly there isn't enough info to know for sure, so we can only speculate. My bad if my previous post seemed like an outright accusation.

Ok, from a professional point of view. People who get liquor tags are;

1) Very drunk, as in unable to care for themselves.

2) Dickheads who are belligerent drunks and mouth off to everbody and tell the cops to 'fuck off' when they are asked to calm down.

I'm gonna go with #2 for these people.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:45 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
Wow, what a change from when I was younger. I can remember my one neighbour literally dragging his face home from the bar on more than one occassion.
He'd be so drunk he'd be crawling home dragging his face along the sidewalk.
Cops never gave him a ticket for it.
But things change. I had a buddy in Cambridge that lived 3 blocks from the bar. He's had 4 public intox tickets just for walking home drunk.

After reading your post, I wonder if we were neighbors. [B-o] :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:44 am

sometimes the loud Dickheads and knobs are not the drunks in these situations . Its the egotistical little boys trying to make arrests.......... Dont drink and drive and dont wait for that designated driver when a john LAW is around.......

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:24 am

diggerdick diggerdick:
sometimes the loud Dickheads and knobs are not the drunks in these situations . Its the egotistical little boys trying to make arrests.......... Dont drink and drive and dont wait for that designated driver when a john LAW is around.......

And once again our anti authoritative cheerleader comes out with his pearls of wisdom....