Posted By: uwish
Date: 2009-04-27 08:18:29
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:25 pm

Good post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:48 pm

The registry is a piece of crap that just costs money.
It makes no sense whatsoever.
may as well have a bicycle helmet law

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:01 pm

Woodhead Woodhead:
The registry is a piece of crap that just costs money.
It makes no sense whatsoever.
may as well have a bicycle helmet law

Some of us do.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:50 pm

:roll: More of the 'same old, same old'! Nothing here that we haven't beat to death already. How about an article on ' Snow discovered to be cold' or 'Frozen Ground Determined To Be Really Hard' or 'Rain is Wet'!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:24 pm

yet while Yogi complains, NOTHING is done about it.

I will stop posting this stuff when shit changes. Until then, don't expect it to stop.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:35 pm

NOTHING ever changes until 'the pol in charge' ( the one who CAN make the changes) sees that it will be 'to his advantage' to do so!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:46 pm

About as needed to the average canadian citizen as a rule against bicycle use by fish, or a prohibition for ducks to wear pants.

A Hand gun registry is fine, an automatic weapon prohibition is fine, regulating semi auto rifles then if fine but within reason. (we already have 5 shot clips.. whats next three shot clips.)

Battle rifles such as AK 47, AR 15 etc etc and varient copies should be taken out of public service. They are not "hunting long weapons" their basic reason was to kill people.

Shotguns, Rifles, Bolt action and semi auto should only be of hunting varietes and not have folding stocks and front hand grips making them a tactical weapons.

Anyone using a handgun or/ and firearm in the commission of an offense Robbery, murder, manslaughter etc should have an automatic 10 years added to their time. No good behavior, no appeal allowed, non watered down. That will get some of the idiots off the streets incarcerated where they belong.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:45 pm

twister twister:
About as needed to the average canadian citizen as a rule against bicycle use by fish, or a prohibition for ducks to wear pants.

A Hand gun registry is fine, an automatic weapon prohibition is fine, regulating semi auto rifles then if fine but within reason. (we already have 5 shot clips.. whats next three shot clips.)

Battle rifles such as AK 47, AR 15 etc etc and varient copies should be taken out of public service. They are not "hunting long weapons" their basic reason was to kill people.

Shotguns, Rifles, Bolt action and semi auto should only be of hunting varietes and not have folding stocks and front hand grips making them a tactical weapons.

Anyone using a handgun or/ and firearm in the commission of an offense Robbery, murder, manslaughter etc should have an automatic 10 years added to their time. No good behavior, no appeal allowed, non watered down. That will get some of the idiots off the streets incarcerated where they belong.

Pretty much what I believe. And the bicycle helmet law, we have one too, and there are kids everywhere with no helmet.
Why pay for a law if its not used.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:51 pm

$1:

They are illegal in Canada.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:32 pm

I object to elected officials telling me what I "need". The day bureaucrats decide what is nessesary or not is a day that we all should fight against.

I should be able to legally own a semi-auto battle rifle just as I should be able to own a 400hp car, 200hp motorcycle or 200lbs attack dog. Motorcycles and cars kill more people every year than legal battle rifles, reguardless of their intended purpose. Attack dogs are hated in most communities and you'll see them in the news far more often than legal firearms.

Owning a slice piece of history is something people are passionate about and has nothing to do with hunting.

This is just another example of the slope the NRA fights against and is proven again and again in places like Britan, Austrailia and Canada. It's all based on the idea that if we just let them have this, they won't want that.. and it fails because the people who want to take your freedom are not reasonable.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:47 pm

Why can't I have any gun I want. I never killed anybody, with anything. And I don't figure on doing it either. So tell me why I can't have it.
And why does the government feel the need to know If I have a gun. Do They think they will do something to piss me off and use it against them?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:53 pm

Don't ask me... I thought you agreed with Twister there.
If you look at the US Class 3 folks, their screened federaly, state and locally and they pay over $10k in taxes, bonds and insurance just so they can own a full aut weapon that they can only use is a very limited number of places. Theres also very few cases of those guns being used in a crime or being stolen either.

Why bother when a drug dealer can use a days pay and buy the same thing illegally.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:08 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
Don't ask me... I thought you agreed with Twister there.
If you look at the US Class 3 folks, their screened federaly, state and locally and they pay over $10k in taxes, bonds and insurance just so they can own a full aut weapon that they can only use is a very limited number of places. Theres also very few cases of those guns being used in a crime or being stolen either.

Why bother when a drug dealer can use a days pay and buy the same thing illegally.

I'm just used to the fact that we don't allow handguns, or full auto.
I am pissed that people or chickenshits, whatever you wanna call em, are trying to ban guns altogether. What we need is a justice system that isn't afraid to punnish somebody for breaking the law.
Outlawing guns doesn't do any good if you don't put people in jail when they have guns.
All it does is piss lawfull gun owners off. And turn them into instant criminals for not doing anything different than they have always done.

I'll never forget the time about 20 years ago.
I bought this 12 guage pump shotgun. The case I got with it was too short for it so the butt stuck out.
I drive a pickup and during hunting season it stays behind my seat.
I had been across the border with my dad to get some beer on Sunday.
We had to pay duty on a dozen beer. I goes in and pays the duty. Goes back out to my truck to leave. The customs guard wants to look in my truck. he flips the seat up and sees this shotgun laying there. he just looks at me, shakes his head, flips the seat back and says, get out of here.
We used to go to high school with em laying on the back seat of the car so we could go duck hunting right after school.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:29 pm

Gee. Don't you remember the nightly gang shootings when you were a kid?
No... because they didn't happen.
There was still the same amount of legal guns, probably even more handguns but the use of guns in crimes was quite rare.

I think what we've done since Trudeau, is let criminals have and use more guns with our new "progressive" crime laws.