CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29277
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:05 pm
 


Title: Florida parents force 18-month-old toddler on to vegan diet � now he's dead
Category: lifestyle
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-11-25 11:34:41


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4722
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:05 pm
 


you simply cannot get enough nutrients on a vegan diet, and it is significantly more complicated and dangerous when young people try it.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 36742
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:09 pm
 


uwish wrote:
you simply cannot get enough nutrients on a vengan diet, and it is significantly more complicated and dangerious when young people try it.


Wrong.

Many people worldwide are vegan, and live perfectly normal lives from birth to old age. The kid didn't die because his parents are vegan, he died because they only fed him breast milk for 18 months.

Or did you just read the clickbait title and assume you knew the whole story?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 16726
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:09 pm
 


That’s not entirely true. You can put infants on a vegan diet. You just have to be very careful in how you do it. The parents were obviously idiots. The poor child had been birthed at home and had never seen a doctor in his life.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 36742
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:14 pm
 


xerxes wrote:
That’s not entirely true. You can put infants on a vegan diet. You just have to be very careful in how you do it. The parents were obviously idiots. The poor child had been birthed at home and had never seen a doctor in his life.


Exactly. And since the couple's other two children were removed because they are malnourished, it's the parents lack of knowledge with diet and not the diet itself that is to blame.

Strongest guy in the world has been (edit)vegetarian or vegan his whole life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrik_Baboumian

That's how it's done right.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 30602
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:19 pm
 


DrCaleb wrote:
uwish wrote:
you simply cannot get enough nutrients on a vengan diet, and it is significantly more complicated and dangerious when young people try it.


Wrong.

Many people worldwide are vegan, and live perfectly normal lives from birth to old age. The kid didn't die because his parents are vegan, he died because they only fed him breast milk for 18 months.

Or did you just read the clickbait title and assume you knew the whole story?

Breast milk is NOT vegan.




Now I'm really confused. [huh]


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 26049
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:21 pm
 


DrCaleb wrote:
uwish wrote:
you simply cannot get enough nutrients on a vengan diet, and it is significantly more complicated and dangerious when young people try it.


Wrong.

Many people worldwide are vegan, and live perfectly normal lives from birth to old age. The kid didn't die because his parents are vegan, he died because they only fed him breast milk for 18 months.

Or did you just read the clickbait title and assume you knew the whole story?


I read it.

Quote:
But when police showed up, the parents stood in the driveway, waiting — with three other children.

Detectives described the couple’s two other biological kids, ages 3 and 5, as “extremely malnourished,” yellowish and pale. The parents told the police their family is vegan, only letting their children eat raw fruits and vegetables like mangoes and bananas, according to the News-Press.

Both children weighed less than the third percentile for their age groups and one of them had blackened, decaying teeth that only surgery could fix.


But yeah, apparently vegan breast milk isn't enough for a toddler either.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 36742
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:23 pm
 


raydan wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
uwish wrote:
you simply cannot get enough nutrients on a vengan diet, and it is significantly more complicated and dangerious when young people try it.


Wrong.

Many people worldwide are vegan, and live perfectly normal lives from birth to old age. The kid didn't die because his parents are vegan, he died because they only fed him breast milk for 18 months.

Or did you just read the clickbait title and assume you knew the whole story?

Breast milk is NOT vegan.


Now I'm really confused. [huh]


Technically, it is. It didn't come from an animal. ;)


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9746
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:32 pm
 


Tried to convince my vegan daughter that dairy and honey production don't do harm to animals. She was convinced they tortured the milk from cows, Alberta cousins with dairy farm always told me the more you pamper them, the better your milk production.
Of course, the very next day on the news was footage of a BC diary farm abusing cows....


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 36742
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:37 pm
 


herbie wrote:
Tried to convince my vegan daughter that dairy and honey production don't do harm to animals. She was convinced they tortured the milk from cows, Alberta cousins with dairy farm always told me the more you pamper them, the better your milk production.
Of course, the very next day on the news was footage of a BC diary farm abusing cows....


Factory farming reduces the animal to product. Mammals only produce milk to feed young, so having young drink all your profit is unacceptable. That's where veal comes from.

I grew up partially on a dairy farm. Most small farms treat animals like family or pets. But many don't.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 30602
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:52 pm
 


DrCaleb wrote:
Technically, it is. It didn't come from an animal. ;)

So cannibalism is OK for a vegan. 8O


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 36742
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:02 pm
 


raydan wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
Technically, it is. It didn't come from an animal. ;)

So cannibalism is OK for a vegan. 8O


No, breast milk is for the purpose of feeding children. (To a certain age)

After that, they need more than milk can provide.

Most people worldwide only can eat what they can grow, and they don't have enough land to feed a cow and still feed themselves. So they are vegan. Places where you can easily get milk from cows or goats, some people choose not to consume it because factory farming can be very cruel to animals.

But human mothers' milk is free from these limitations.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 24368
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:10 pm
 


DrCaleb wrote:
xerxes wrote:
That’s not entirely true. You can put infants on a vegan diet. You just have to be very careful in how you do it. The parents were obviously idiots. The poor child had been birthed at home and had never seen a doctor in his life.


Exactly. And since the couple's other two children were removed because they are malnourished, it's the parents lack of knowledge with diet and not the diet itself that is to blame.

Strongest guy in the world has been (edit)vegetarian or vegan his whole life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrik_Baboumian

That's how it's done right.

Point of contention, he's not the strongest guy in the world. He's not even close to be honest.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 36742
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:13 pm
 


Tricks wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
xerxes wrote:
That’s not entirely true. You can put infants on a vegan diet. You just have to be very careful in how you do it. The parents were obviously idiots. The poor child had been birthed at home and had never seen a doctor in his life.


Exactly. And since the couple's other two children were removed because they are malnourished, it's the parents lack of knowledge with diet and not the diet itself that is to blame.

Strongest guy in the world has been (edit)vegetarian or vegan his whole life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrik_Baboumian

That's how it's done right.

Point of contention, he's not the strongest guy in the world. He's not even close to be honest.


To my recollection, those two last world record yoke walks of 500+ kg made him the strongest. I suppose it depends on how 'strongest' is measured.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 16726
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:25 pm
 


The current strongest man champion is Martin Licis. Who dethroned The Mountain who had won the title the previous few years.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  1  2  3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.