canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:49 am

Title: Fox set to cancel Sarah Conner Cronicles.
Category: Showbiz
Posted By: DerbyX
Date: 2009-04-15 07:33:49

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:49 am

Anybody else out there who watches this show and is royally pissed about this?

I thought the last season just got better and better and better. The cliffhanger last friday was nothing short of spectacular. I can't believe this show isn't getting stellar ratings especially now that BSG is gone.

Poor Summer might think she has a curse. Firefly lasted on a few seasons too.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:53 am

What a bunch of dick heads!! I watch it all the time. Maybe if they'd stop screwing around with it's time slot, more could find it to watch.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:54 am

I found it hit and miss. In general I would say it was getting better but overall not stellar. I think the ratings are suggesting the same, hence the axe.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:57 am

I suggest we send somebody back in time to visit the network executives who made this decision to prevent them from canceling the show!

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:58 am

...........and the mom was HOT!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:04 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
Anybody else out there who watches this show and is royally pissed about this?

I thought the last season just got better and better and better. The cliffhanger last friday was nothing short of spectacular. I can't believe this show isn't getting stellar ratings especially now that BSG is gone.

Poor Summer might think she has a curse. Firefly lasted on a few seasons too.

Dude, Firefly lasted a few shows. I think the whole run was 10 shows. Period.

Yes, I'm pissed. It was a great season, and a good show. Everything about it was spectacular. Typical FOX though. They haven't bothered letting any SciFi based show run its course since the X-Files.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:32 am

14 episodes and one movie.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:37 am

DerbyX DerbyX:

3 episodes weren't aired on the regular schedule, but a year after Firefly was cancelled. I was a big fan, as Nathan Fillion is a friend of my sister. ;)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:57 am

Regina Regina:
What a bunch of dick heads!! I watch it all the time. Maybe if they'd stop screwing around with it's time slot, more could find it to watch.

Agreed 101% :x

I was pissed that I missed the very last show (was on the road) but didn't miss ANY before that. Will buy the DVD's when they come out so no spoilers please!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:04 am

I have to admit that the show was pretty good, even if it was a totally different timeline than the movies. It wouldn't be the first time Fox cancelled a good show, and odds are, it won't be the last.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:11 am

Dam, loved that show. And yes, the mom was smokin hot.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:12 am

Lotta Milf boys in here. Lena was hot but Summer was just ..... words fail.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:23 am

The Fox sucks argument goes they sabotage all these great shows - Wonderfalls, Dark Angel, Arrested Development, Firefly - then they cancel them.

The Fox doesn't suck argument goes, well, at least they give these radical shows a chance, and they did bring Arrested Development and Family Guy back for a second chance. Fox is first, and foremost a business. If the show doesn't get the ratings it dies. Those are the rules of business.

With Terminator SCC, and Dollhouse, they moved them to what's called the Friday night death slot, and people have been saying they haven't had a chance since that move. Turns out those people are looking like prophets, as neither show is doing well. However it's interesting, people may not be watching the 2 shows on television, but people are watching them.

I read somewhere SCC was 2nd in DVD sales last summer. There are DVR ratings showing DVR-ed eps of TV shows. The last time I looked SCC, and Dollhouse were in the top 10. The 2 shows perform well on Itunes, and are among the most viewed at Hulu (it shows streamed TV eps to American audiences). I download Dollhouse at EZTV. When I go there I check popularity. SCC and Dollhouse are always the 2 most popular downloads with SCC having a slight edge.

So people are watching SCC, they just aren't watching it on Friday night on Fox.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:34 am

If FOX cancels TSCC I will never watch another show on their network, ever. The show is pure awesome, a full level above all the other garbage on television these days.

There has been talk that if FOX drops the show Warner might pick it up (Warner has rights to the DVD sales of TSCC and is doing the next three Terminator films).

Cross your fingers.