Title: France begins burka ban debate
Category: Political
Posted By: wildrosegirl
Date: 2010-07-06 16:35:15

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:34 pm

I'm glad to see the French fighting back.

I can't think a one GOOD reason for burkas and a lot of reasons for why not.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:49 pm

Im against full bans like this, if a woman wants to put the damn thing on go right ahead. Im all for a fine for a dickless ass who forces her to wear one, or makes a minor wear one. However once a woman is able to make her own decisions (when they turns 18 or what ever) she should be allowed to wear what ever the hell she wants.

I really cant see a reason why a woman would want to wear one, but I cant understand why a woman would want to wear this either....Image

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:10 pm

I am all for the ban and I hope Québec follows.. this kind of stuff is 1000 yrs old and not a religious requirement in Islam. Its tradition and control of women.. I would doubt that there are many Muslim women who do it because they like it.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:45 pm

GreenTiger GreenTiger:
I'm glad to see the French fighting back.

I can't think a one GOOD reason for burkas and a lot of reasons for why not.

I agree.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:47 pm

I think there ought to be a good reason to ban something. otherwise, we are not a democratically fair and just society....we are merely a mob rules society.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:49 pm

I think that once women commonly go topless here in Vancouver, then I'll start bitching about stupid religious morality laws in other countries. :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:54 pm

I am all for getting rid of the Burka, but lets do it for the right reasons. We need to think this through, not just make a few posturing remarks and ban it.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:55 pm

ASLplease ASLplease:
I think there ought to be a good reason to ban something. otherwise, we are not a democratically fair and just society....we are merely a mob rules society.

I understand what you're saying but sheesh, this is scary to see in free countries other then halloween. 8O

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:56 pm

too late, lots of them being worn everywhere.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:57 pm

Freedom of choice is more important than appeasing some xenophobes.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Hey! I aint no hippy.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:17 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Freedom of choice is more important than appeasing some xenophobes

Yes you are right, freedom of choice is important. Like the muslim women who ARE forced to wear this bs. Granted not all of them are forced to do so, its there personal and religious choice. However the burka is generally a sign of women opression. Atleast thats the cause in the middle east. Everything that is ever passed, there is always a minority that doesn't like it. You cannot please everybody, I'd rather a few thousand muslims be-able to not wear there burkas in public rather than having all these muslim women get forced to do so. Which one is more stupid? As well it definetly takes a step forward in taking a stand against religious radicalism. I mean, how many muslim women in the west alone are killed for being too westernized? Things like dressing to western, even not wearing a burka.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:24 pm

its good to fire a lazy worker, but fire him for being lazy, don't fire him for being 1 minute late for work, cuz that could make your good workers a bit nervous.

and if the entire workplace goes on a strike because you fire a lazy person for being 1 minute late, maybe its not such a wise idea to assume that all of your workers are trying to protect a lazy worker.

Perhaps, most of them are happy to see the lazy guy fired, but they dont want you to set a prejudicial presidance wrt your late policy. John Henry is your best worker, he's always 2 minutes late.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:21 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Freedom of choice is more important than appeasing some xenophobes.

With freedom comes responsibilities.. and limits.