Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2014-04-15 10:57:44
Canadian

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:58 pm

God forbid, people actually go to the beach for the day, and spend some time together without access to freakin' facebook. :roll:
How disgustingly sad.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:10 pm

wildrosegirl wildrosegirl:
God forbid, people actually go to the beach for the day, and spend some time together without access to freakin' facebook. :roll:
How disgustingly sad.

Ain't that the God awful truth...... :roll:

Welcome to the 21st century..... :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:14 pm

Let's hope that Wreck Beach isn't included in that plan! PDT_Armataz_01_32

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:18 pm

Hyack Hyack:
How disgustingly sad.

Ain't that the God awful truth...... :roll:

Welcome to the 21st century..... :roll:

No kidding. Now I know what my grandparents meant about the "good old days". Aside from warm running water, my washing machine and my shower, I'm almost inclined to say f-it and head for the hills.

This "new" society is horseshit, and the people it breeds kinda makes me wanna go PDT_Armataz_01_32 .

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:22 pm

How disgustingly sad.

R=UP

$1:
, I'm almost inclined to say f-it and head for the hills.

Thought you were already there :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:24 pm

Assuming city tax payers are paying for this why the hell should they? :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:35 pm

Cool! The East end junkies can post with us, now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
Cool! The East end junkies can post with us, now.

They already do, looks like the East End Clown Posse. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:53 pm

The Wi-Fi should be tailored to only work with XP or DOS. :evil: :evil:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:00 pm

What a bunch of old farts the lot of you are. Whats wrong with free wifi at the park as it is you guys have the worst internet services in the western world. You should be happy at least this is a step in the right direction.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Yah, I'm with the minority on this one. This is definitely a generational issue.

NEWSFLASH, anyone with a smart phone or internet stick in their laptop can get internet through the cellular networks! I can easily make my iPhone 5S a "hot spot" and then use my laptop off that as WiFi as long as I'm getting 3G/LTE service.

It can already happen. Most people go to parks/beaches for the outdoors for sure. But my mind goes to the 60h/week working parent professional, who likes to spend sometime with the kids but still has to be on call here and there. The City of Vancouver is trying to mould itself into a "Silicon Valley North" technology sector hub. There is already an explosion of small tech outfits here in the last few years with city council targeting them with tax breaks, etc. TED Talks just had its first conference in Vancouver after re-locating here last year.

Many cities already offer Wifi in popular parks. I think this is just a natural extent of the City's vision to appeal to the tech sector and be a world class city. A vast network of free Wifi hubs is very good for business and commerce. By no means are you going to see a huge influx of people bringing laptops and iPads to the beach. Those that do that are ALREADY doing so with their data plans/sticks.

There's a lot of faux outrage on this thread where its really just a natural extension of the city's vision and plans.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:40 pm

desertdude desertdude:
What a bunch of old farts the lot of you are. Whats wrong with free wifi at the park as it is you guys have the worst internet services in the western world. You should be happy at least this is a step in the right direction.

What a bunch of young losers who can't go more than 5 minutes without facebooking, tweeting and anything else on the internet. :roll:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:41 pm

westmanguy westmanguy:
Yah, I'm with the minority on this one. This is definitely a generational issue.

NEWSFLASH, anyone with a smart phone or internet stick in their laptop can get internet through the cellular networks! I can easily make my iPhone 5S a "hot spot" and then use my laptop off that as WiFi as long as I'm getting 3G/LTE service.

It can already happen. Most people go to parks/beaches for the outdoors for sure. But my mind goes to the 60h/week working parent professional, who likes to spend sometime with the kids but still has to be on call here and there. The City of Vancouver is trying to mould itself into a "Silicon Valley North" technology sector hub. There is already an explosion of small tech outfits here in the last few years with city council targeting them with tax breaks, etc. TED Talks just had its first conference in Vancouver after re-locating here last year.

Many cities already offer Wifi in popular parks. I think this is just a natural extent of the City's vision to appeal to the tech sector and be a world class city. A vast network of free Wifi hubs is very good for business and commerce. By no means are you going to see a huge influx of people bringing laptops and iPads to the beach. Those that do that are ALREADY doing so with their data plans/sticks.

There's a lot of faux outrage on this thread where its really just a natural extension of the city's vision and plans.

You can also get laptops or tablets that run on it's own sim card so why would you need public wifi and why should tax payers pay for this?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:46 pm

desertdude desertdude:

Google Wreck Beach (NSFW) and you'll understand my statement... :wink: