Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2010-11-02 22:04:49
Canadian

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:45 pm

Bet if it was a shrine for any other religion besides Christianity the city would of left it alone

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:55 pm

It makes sense to tear this Catholic idol down as Canada, according to the city of Burnaby, is now a Muslim country.

http://www.burnabynow.com/life/Islamic+ ... story.html

$1:
"Whereas Islamic History Month Canada will enhance Canada's ties with other Muslim countries," the proclamation, dated Oct. 4, stated.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:00 pm

Lets get it straight Bart. A statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary is not a Catholic idol. Catholics do not have or worship idols. And Burnaby is full of Pakistanis, so ya for them its a Muslim country!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:03 pm

kenmore kenmore:
Lets get it straight Bart. A statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary is not a Catholic idol. Catholics do not have or worship idols. And Burnaby is full of Pakistanis, so ya for them its a Muslim country!

To the majority of muslims a Catholic statue is a form of idolatry...most islamic countries do not allow pictures on their coinage as part of this belief.

As to your comment on Burnaby, excuse me but...

ROTFL

...that's funny! :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:26 pm

to most Protestants throughout history it is idolatry as well. The veneration of Mary, or the Cult of Mary was another issue as well. And as for Kenmore's claim, it seems that Quebec has twice as many Moslems as BC...that must make it part of Dar-al-Islam

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:33 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
kenmore kenmore:

To the majority of muslims a Catholic statue is a form of idolatry...most islamic countries do not allow pictures on their coinage as part of this belief.

As to your comment on Burnaby, excuse me but...

ROTFL

...that's funny! :wink:

So when do we give a crap what Muslims think. We don't hear any of them saying they should try and understand Christians, Catholic or Protestant. To them we are all infidel non believers. That is what I mean when I say they have an agenda to convert the world to Islam. There is no give and take on their part.
If they studied a little they would know Catholics do not worship idols.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:35 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
to most Protestants throughout history it is idolatry as well. The veneration of Mary, or the Cult of Mary was another issue as well. And as for Kenmore's claim, it seems that Quebec has twice as many Moslems as BC...that must make it part of Dar-al-Islam

Québec is a province, Burnaby is a city. So per sq foot I would say Burnaby is the winner. If its something one would want to win. :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:00 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
It makes sense to tear this Catholic idol down as Canada, according to the city of Burnaby, is now a Muslim country.

http://www.burnabynow.com/life/Islamic+ ... story.html

$1:
"Whereas Islamic History Month Canada will enhance Canada's ties with other Muslim countries," the proclamation, dated Oct. 4, stated.

Canada enhancing ties with Muslim countries, as disagreeably PC as that may be, does not in any way shape or form suggest that Canada is a Muslim country or that anyone is suggesting that Canada is a Muslim country.

Truly, Bart, these alarmist immature missives taking needless jabs at Canada paint you as anti-Canadian here to troll the forums.

To what end?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:11 pm

WTF? Does anybody read the articles?
Windsor isn't Burnaby.
They're not ordering it removed because it's Christian, because it's causing a disturbance.
Where do Muslims even enter the story?

You must have some kind of browser hijacker that directs you to some bizarro worldwide web...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:13 pm

herbie herbie:
Windsor isn't Burnaby.
They're not ordering it removed because it's Christian, because it's causing a disturbance.

You must have some kind of browser hijacker that directs you to some bizarro worldwide web...

Just responding to another alarmist claim...

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:21 pm

herbie herbie:
Windsor isn't Burnaby.

R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:34 pm

I didn't know people still worshipped idols.

Figured people had things to do.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:26 am

KorbenDeck KorbenDeck:
Bet if it was a shrine for any other religion besides Christianity the city would of left it alone

Nope, not at all. I know the area very well. Remington Park has rather narrow streets for one. With parking on one side on most of them, they effectively become one way roads.
The issue has nothing to do with it being a religious symbol, it has to do with it being a disruption for the rest of the block. If "visitors" are trespassing or even worse, blocking ppl's driveways, which was one of the complaints, that's a real problem.
It's not like a real nice Christmas light display where you can do a slow drive-by, there are dimwits as loopy as the person showcasing this thing stopping, getting out of their cars and praying to a statue of Mary.
I know I'd be pissed if I lived near-by.

Plus really...the Mother Mary told her to display it??? :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:46 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
KorbenDeck KorbenDeck:

Nope, not at all. I know the area very well. Remington Park has rather narrow streets for one. With parking on one side on most of them, they effectively become one way roads.
The issue has nothing to do with it being a religious symbol, it has to do with it being a disruption for the rest of the block. If "visitors" are trespassing or even worse, blocking ppl's driveways, which was one of the complaints, that's a real problem.
It's not like a real nice Christmas light display where you can do a slow drive-by, there are dimwits as loopy as the person showcasing this thing stopping, getting out of their cars and praying to a statue of Mary.
I know I'd be pissed if I lived near-by.

Plus really...the Mother Mary told her to display it??? :roll:

:lol: R=UP

I mean it's 20-frickin-10...