Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2016-02-26 18:14:39
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:19 pm

I debated between posting this under Health or Lifestyle and went with Lifestyle mostly because of this from the article:
$1:
"Almost 40 per cent of the millennials surveyed by (market researcher) Mintel for its 2015 report said cereal was an inconvenient breakfast choice because they had to clean up after eating it," the New York Times article says.

It goes on to suggest that marketers are still searching for ways to capture the attention of the elusive millennials, who couldn't be bothered to wash out a bowl of lukewarm milk and Shreddies bits.

Seriously? :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:24 pm

Ah, BS. If there's "less interest" in cold cereal among my generation, it's because of the price. There's plenty of twenty-somethings still eating cereal for dinner.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:24 pm

Strutz Strutz:
I debated between posting this under Health or Lifestyle and went with Lifestyle mostly because of this from the article:
$1:
"Almost 40 per cent of the millennials surveyed by (market researcher) Mintel for its 2015 report said cereal was an inconvenient breakfast choice because they had to clean up after eating it," the New York Times article says.

It goes on to suggest that marketers are still searching for ways to capture the attention of the elusive millennials, who couldn't be bothered to wash out a bowl of lukewarm milk and Shreddies bits.

Seriously? :roll:

Don't most people own a dishwasher? :roll:

Probably the same group that drinks half a dozen, or more, energy drinks a day.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:26 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
Ah, BS. If there's "less interest" in cold cereal among my generation, it's because of the price. There's plenty of twenty-somethings still eating cereal for dinner.

Price shouldn't be that big a concern. A jug of milk and a box of cereal can be had for about 10 bucks and could give you breakfast for an entire week!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:27 pm

Funny, in England there was a big fuss because somebody opened a hipster cold cereal cafe in a down market area. Can't have this awful gentrification where people are eating cold cereal. But I guess the customers don't have to clean up after ward.

So there's how to capture their attention - make it something you go out for.

Cold cereal certainly never seemed like much of a breakfast option to me.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:38 pm

I always have cheerios and grain/fruit cereal on hand for those mornings I opt to hit the snooze button a couple extra times, so for me cold cereal is a convenient, cheap and quick breakfast.

And 2Cdo, count me as one that does not have a dishwasher. :mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:00 pm

Strutz Strutz:
I always have cheerios and grain/fruit cereal on hand for those mornings I opt to hit the snooze button a couple extra times, so for me cold cereal is a convenient, cheap and quick breakfast.

And 2Cdo, count me as one that does not have a dishwasher. :mrgreen:

I do the cereal thing mainly when I'm in camp for the same reason as you. :lol:

We have one at home but it rarely gets used since the boys moved out and I'm gone for 7-9 months of the year.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:12 pm

$1:
Don't most people own a dishwasher?

Careful there buddy. The proper terms are 'married to' and 'wife' nowadays. :twisted:

On a slightly more serious note, Cheerios are about the only cold cereal I eat. Usually breakfast is steel cut oats(made ahead on Sunday and reheated in the microwave) or scrambled eggs, salsa and piece of fruit(orange, banana or berries).

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:28 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
$1:
Don't most people own a dishwasher?

Careful there buddy. The proper terms are 'married to' and 'wife' nowadays. :twisted:

On a slightly more serious note, Cheerios are about the only cold cereal I eat. Usually breakfast is steel cut oats(made ahead on Sunday and reheated in the microwave) or scrambled eggs, salsa and piece of fruit(orange, banana or berries).

Fuck, when I'm at home I am the chief cook AND bottle-washer! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:06 pm

I do the cooking 9 times out of 10. Therefore dishes are usually delegated to others who usually relegate them to our youngest.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:34 pm

I don't eat cereal because it's boring. Or I just don't eat breakfast because I'm not hungry. If I do eat breakfast, eggs, all day every day.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:29 pm

I like to eat them watching tv, right out of the box.
Thank God cornflakes and Rice Krispies are always $8 a box, but I can ALWAYS find Chocolate Coated Sugar Bombs for $3-$4 a box.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:31 pm

It seems like some people will do anything to piss off "millennials" nowadays.
"Back in my day we ate cold cereal and men didn't watch show about ponies. Durr Hurr."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:42 pm

Don't feel too sorry for yourself. Go back a generation and feel for those suckers they tried to feed bird seed & budgie gravel to for $20 a box. :mrgreen: