canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:29 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=23501" target="_blank">Gay couple awarded $10,000 for teen harassment</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/18-law--order" target="_blank">Law & Order</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Scape" target="_blank">Scape</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-07-31 17:06:38
<strong>Canadian</strong>

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:29 pm

If I got $10,000 everytime I was "badgered" I'd be a bloody millionaire no lie.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:35 pm

pathetic....

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:00 pm

saturn_656 saturn_656:
If I got $10,000 everytime I was "badgered" I'd be a bloody millionaire no lie.

unless youre a member of an identifiable minority or group youre shit out of luck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:34 pm

"Several occasions" implies, to me, a number less than 10. "Several" occasions of something that has not harmed you physically or monetarily is not worth any money. Had this gone on at a very regular rate for years, had the police been involved, and had the parents refuse to teach their children the difference between right and wrong, I could see the point. The article implies that this did not occur, though.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:44 pm

Sorry, but this falls into the "Who gives a shit" category. I'm not going to loose any sleep over the rotten undisciplined kids that did it or the Gay couple that clearly need to develop a thicker skin when someone calls them a name. I think the judge is a moron to.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:28 pm

This judge is a closet queer I'll bet.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:27 pm

March backs gays living in surburbia

$1:
The men say they once led a quiet life, 23 years in the same house. That was before they got new neighbours five years ago who started telling them that gay people shouldn't live near children.

Wouters and Thibault allege the neighbours have been relentless in shouting insults at them and damaging their property.

One of the neighbours has been charged with assault with a weapon after an incident involving Wouters. The couple has also filed a complaint with the Quebec Human Rights Commission.

Roger Thibault and Théo Wouters insist they’ve been targeted because they’re gay.
$1:
Over the past six months, the police have been called at least once to three times a week to Parkdale Ave. To some, the calls Wouters and Thibault make are for frivolous reasons. Wouters and Thibault point out that their house and car have been vandalized and feel genuinely threatened. (Their house and car were egged several times last year and their car was damaged after it was stoned. The Walkers state that they have absolutely no idea who was behind the vandalism.)

If the couple do have a smoking gun, it involves Inglis, not Walker. When police arrived to investigate a complaint in September of 2000, Inglis reportedly turned to an officer and said, “I have two children and I don’t want homosexuals in my neighborhood.” The comments were recorded in a police report, a copy of which was obtained by the Mirror. Still, Walker says he has no knowledge of homophobia on the part of Inglis—he only knows about his own feelings. “I’m not homophobic,” he repeats.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:22 am

What I find most disturbing about the ruling, is this:

$1:
Three other teens mentioned in the case now live in Calgary and are not affected by the ruling.

That means, they were with 4, and only one is to pay. That is not fair.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:30 am

lily lily:
QBC QBC:
Sorry, but this falls into the "Who gives a shit" category. I'm not going to loose any sleep over the rotten undisciplined kids that did it or the Gay couple that clearly need to develop a thicker skin when someone calls them a name. I think the judge is a moron to.

I didn't see anywhere in the article where this is a case of name-calling.

I'd reserve judgement till I knew what exactly is meant by harrassent.

sticks and stones you know the saying.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:28 am

Ah yes I know it well, "sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me!"

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:36 pm

Good.

Parents need to teach their rotten kids better.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:47 pm

Brenda Brenda:
That means, they were with 4, and only one is to pay. That is not fair.
Were you at the hearing? You seem to know a lot of information about this case in order to determine it's not fair.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:00 am

Didn't you read the article? Geesh, you seem to have an opinion without even reading it. :roll:

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:14 am

Brenda Brenda:
Didn't you read the article? Geesh, you seem to have an opinion without even reading it. :roll:

I did read the article, but it's just an article. It's a super-condensed story as the reporter interprets it.

Until you actually view the entire series of court hearings and listen to all the evidence in relation to the law, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Maybe there was no evidence the other three did anything that bad. Maybe that one teen was the instigator and did most of the harassing. Also, cash settlements such as these are also relative to the wealth of the defendant. Maybe that one kid was rich and the others poor. Maybe the other three kids' parents are now outside the court's jurisdiction, now being in Alberta, and the plaintiffs now have to file another suit to get them, who knows? Not you or I, that's for sure.

It's so easy for people like yourself sitting in your cozy computer chair at home to come to drastic conclusions without knowing all the facts.