CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:13 am

still think C-68 is 'just' a registry?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:20 am

Hell, for safety, gun ownership among professors should be encouraged, not discouraged.

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL hey where's Valerie been, havent seen him for a while :)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:21 am

http://libertyincanada.com/blog/index.p ... &tb=1&pb=1

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:59 am

What is this, gun day at the National Post?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:00 am

Buy a paper get a gun. :D

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:14 am

if I buy two papers do I get two guns?

but going back to the post, I would love to hear peoples opinions about privacy in this case...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:16 am

uwish wrote:
I would love to hear peoples opinions about privacy in this case...

I would love to comment, but all I get is a blank screen where a story should be.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:20 am

DrCaleb wrote:
uwish wrote:
I would love to hear peoples opinions about privacy in this case...

I would love to comment, but all I get is a blank screen where a story should be.

'Tis a blog, so link was deleted. I believe this is what uwish posted:

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blog ... -life.aspx

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:20 am

uwish wrote:
if I buy two papers do I get two guns?

but going back to the post, I would love to hear peoples opinions about privacy in this case...

As much as I support gun rights I think that perhaps we should send a message to the conservative pundits who dismiss the freedom to use drugs, get abortions, and get married to a person of the same sex.

Now not everybody who supports guns is automatically opposed to the other things but perhaps the real threat of taking away their guns will get them to support freedom to choose the other things.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:26 am

Well, if you want this to become a political discussion, do I need to remind you it was the liberals who brought this act in and hence, it's requirements for licensing. The same party that you claim celebrates getting an abortion and gay marriage.

So I do not really see it as a 'conservative' vs. 'liberal' issue per say.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:36 am

Yes the libs did. I think it is a political issue because generally speaking conservatives favour gun rights and oppose abortion/SSM/legal drugs whereas liberals are the opposite.

Generally speaking of course. I have no illusions about the Libs on gun control. In fact socially the NDP are more my style but they are simply too dangerous economically to be anything but support.

Long before you arrived I touted the Libs and the CPC working things out by trade-off, ie you support my social agenda and I'll support yours. Harpers hatred of the Liberals made any deal impossible however.

Still, when I see posters like RR bemoan attacks to gun rights at the same time he opposes the freedom of choice about so many other things I must confess that taking away the rights he demands would be a case of getting what one deserves.

Then I remember that punishing all gun owners (who might very well believe as I do) just makes me no better then him and I come to my senses.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:40 am

While I don't agree with abortion as a form of birth control that doesn't mean it should be made illegal. Same with SSM, my belief that everyone has a right to be happy and live their own life trumps my dislike for SSM. I know many conservatives that also have these opinions. Times are changing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:43 am

uwish wrote:
While I don't agree with abortion as a form of birth control that doesn't mean it should be made illegal. Same with SSM, my belief that everyone has a right to be happy and live their own life trumps my dislike for SSM. I know many conservatives that also have these opinions. Times are changing.

What about the freedom to use drugs if one so desires?

Like I said. I don't oppose guns. I oppose those who whine about their right to own guns when they actually demand the government enact and enforce laws to take away the rights of others.

Its no different then Toronto urbanites thinking that because they don't use guns that nobody has the right to.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:47 am

I have stated that legalization of 'some' drugs under controlled conditions similar to alcohol or tobacco is reasonable. Primarily pot, I just can not see 'hard' drugs in any amount or control regime being palatable, they simply do to much damage.

But 'in general' I think there would be a net positive affect to the legalization of pot within controlled conditions.