Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:45 am

Thanos Thanos:
Any guy who was raised with the proper manners and respect for others, and doesn't behave like that has nothing to worry about.

I'd disagree. A lot of women out there exist solely to cause drama and bring attention upon themselves. They will go after the polite, courteous men who will be targeted because they are perceived as non-threatening and unable/unwilling to fight back against false or overstated accusations.

So far, this shit gets dealt with the way it should. but you don't see false accusations brought up often (yet), because it doesn't fit the narrative, and we don't want to discourage women with legitimate concerns from raising the matter.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:19 am

False accusations are fairly rare. I look at this the same way I do other crimes (which assault and excessive harassment are), in that the prosecution wins the vast majority of times. And that includes cases that go to trial as much as it does one that get negotiated out to a fine or prison sentence. I have no reason to believe that attacks on women are any different, and that includes the "boys will be boys" routine at work as much as it does someone getting raped after being mugged by a stranger. I'm not willing to call all women liars just because a couple of flakes in high-profile situations like the bogus UVA accuser or Lucy DeCouture from the Jian Ghomeshi case were pulling a fast one on the media and the courts.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:57 am

Thanos Thanos:
False accusations are fairly rare. I look at this the same way I do other crimes (which assault and excessive harassment are), in that the prosecution wins the vast majority of times. And that includes cases that go to trial as much as it does one that get negotiated out to a fine or prison sentence. I have no reason to believe that attacks on women are any different, and that includes the "boys will be boys" routine at work as much as it does someone getting raped after being mugged by a stranger. I'm not willing to call all women liars just because a couple of flakes in high-profile situations like the bogus UVA accuser or Lucy DeCouture from the Jian Ghomeshi case were pulling a fast one on the media and the courts.

I am not willing to call all women liars either. I still think assaults and abuse are under reported, and this needs to change. However, my observation of the trends is that false accusations are rising faster than the rate which legitimate reports are.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:58 am

I will take a wild guess and say that none of those men knocked George's teeth out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:14 pm

George (Sulu) Takei: boldly going where no man, some, OK, maybe one or two, let's be honest, who knows how many, have gone before.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Thanos Thanos:
False accusations are fairly rare.

My own experience with them is mixed.

What I've often observed is that an initial accusation that arises out of the clear blue sky absent any noticeable provocation usually holds up.

An accusation that only comes about because someone has done something notable (a promotion, winning the lottery, firing someone, etc.) is dubious and deserves strict scrutiny.

The follow-on accusations are even more dubious. The bandwagon effect really comes into play with these cases.

In the Weinstein case he's admitted to being a sickness and even though he admits to some acts I have no doubt that at least one of the accusations against him will prove to be some attention or money seeker whose accusations hold no merit at all.

Hate to say but people lie when there's money or attention to be had.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:00 pm

Most guys have probably brushed close to these problems at work. I know I did back in the late 1990's. It really got my back up and at other jobs I ended up doing the Mike Pence Defense, as in keeping my mouth shut most of the time and not ever putting myself in the position with any female co-workers where anything could be misconstrued. Not fun being in a cubicle with no one talking because they're all scared of something harmless being used against them but that's the way it is now.

I think what we're looking at in Hollywood or with Roy Moore is nothing like that though. We're talking with them about actual criminal assault and, like with Clinton's or Trump's accusers, on the surface none of them have anything to gain by making up lies. That's the serious stuff that needs criminal charges brought or monetary settlements made because that's the behaviour that wrecks the victims lives. In Takei's case I'll go out on a limb and say that it's nothing like what Spacey or Bryan Singer have been accused of. What Takei did, if it happened, is more just some kind of goofy playful promiscuity that most gay men are notable for. Ask most gay men today and most of them are probably all like "what the fuck, it's no big deal". It really shouldn't be lumped in with the felony-level of crimes that some of these others have been engaging in for far too long.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:05 pm

People keep saying that these people are gunning for fame. They're being crucified by creeps on the internet. That's the extent of their "fame", being the subject of rants from sweaty "classical liberals" and "rational skeptics" on YouTube and such. Raking in that fabled rape money, surely.

These women (and men) voluntarily disrupted their own ability to work and live life peacefully to get the truth out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 pm

If a guy grabbed your dick half of you would react with homophobic disgust.
The other half would react with annoyance, smack the guy and tell him to never touch you again.
None would react with FEAR.

So don't even try to compare it with assaulting a woman.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:49 pm

herbie herbie:
The other half would react with annoyance, smack the guy and tell him to never touch you again.

To be honest, if a burly guy grabbed at me, I'd definitely be feeling some fear.

If it was Takai though it'd definitely just be revulsion. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:29 pm

herbie herbie:

Sexist pig.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:40 am

herbie herbie:

You left out the part that the guy claims to have been drugged and very groggy when he came to with George molesting him.

So let's have the same thing happen to you and when you wake up some guy has his hands on your nuts. Lets see if you don't have some fear at that point.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:25 am

herbie herbie:

Sorry assault is assault whether it's against a man or woman there's no difference except to LibTards playing the homophobic card, gross.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:22 am

herbie herbie:

Bullshit! Are you going to try and minimize what Spacey was doing to minors too?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:27 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
herbie herbie:

Bullshit! Are you going to try and minimize what Spacey was doing to minors too?

No, he is too busy whiteknighting for dem stronk womyn. Oh wait...