CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:03 am

The US should leave NATO.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:26 am

She's stepping down soon. maybe the next chancellor will spend...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:38 am

I can understand her position on this. Germany needs a shitload of money to house, feed, and try to de-radicalize their newest citizens so, where better to cut it than Defense spending. It's not like Russia is a threat anymore. ROTFL

I wonder what Trunps reaction to this latest attempt by the Germans to foist the defense of Europe off on America will be?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:43 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
I wonder what Trunps reaction to this latest attempt by the Germans to foist the defense of Europe off on America will be?

Attachments:
putin.jpg
putin.jpg [ 14.66 KiB | Viewed 568 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:44 am

llama66 llama66:
She's stepping down soon. maybe the next chancellor will spend...

Wouldn't bet on it.
If anything, it's better for Merkel to take the shit for it for now,
rather than the next Fuerher.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:21 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
I can understand her position on this. Germany needs a shitload of money to house, feed, and try to de-radicalize their newest citizens so, where better to cut it than Defense spending. It's not like Russia is a threat anymore. ROTFL

Germany may trust Russia, Central Europe certainly does not.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:42 pm

But the current American president keeps saying that the boss of Russia is a good guy, a great guy, one of the best guys he's ever met. So isn't spending a lot to defend against the Russians kind of an insult to them? Like, help me figure this out, POSPOTUS Dennison? :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Trump was right. It is time to put an end to NATO. If the Europeans don't think it's important to defend against Russia then why should we defend them against Russia?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:30 pm

Don't know why we're spending to defend against a good friend like Russia anyway. Just as wasteful as spending to defend against another great friend like Saudi Arabia. The let Great Men build all sorts of great buildings in their countries, which makes them the most terrific, the very best! amirite? :lol:

Last edited by Thanos on Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:30 pm

Thanos Thanos:
But the current American president keeps saying that the boss of Russia is a good guy, a great guy, one of the best guys he's ever met. So isn't spending a lot to defend against the Russians kind of an insult to them? Like, help me figure this out, POSPOTUS Dennison? :lol:

And the last President trusted Putin with Britain's nuclear secrets, he trusted them so much he killed our ABM defense, and then he loved them so much that he allowed Hillary Goddam Clinton to sell 20% of our uranium to them.

Trump says nice things about Putin all while slamming Russia with ever-increasing sanctions and he's stepped up our defense posture to the point that Russian generals are worried that Trump wants war.

Orange man bad. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:38 am

Yesterday Trump talked about seeing if Brazil could become part of NATO. Yeah first thing people say is dumb idiot doesn't he know the N stands for North. My response is yes but now tell me where Greece is connected to the Atlantic. They stare at me all strange. Then I bring up how Turkey is in NATO and their eyes go blank. I then mention that middle European countries have joined and others want to join. The same people that called Trump dumb run away crying.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:44 am

NATO should just be limited to
- Canada
- United States
- United Kingdom
- France
- Germany
- Norway
- Sweden
- Denmark
- Iceland
- Greenland
- Republic of Ireland
- Spain
- Portugal
- Belgium
- Netherlands

These countries border the North Atlantic...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:45 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Thanos Thanos:

And the last President trusted Putin with Britain's nuclear secrets, he trusted them so much he killed our ABM defense, and then he loved them so much that he allowed Hillary Goddam Clinton to sell 20% of our uranium to them.

Trump says nice things about Putin all while slamming Russia with ever-increasing sanctions and he's stepped up our defense posture to the point that Russian generals are worried that Trump wants war.

Orange man bad. :roll:

Orange man bad.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:57 am

Thinking on this for a fast minute. This move by Germany is not as dumb as it first appears. They know they are surrounded by NATO countries. They know that if Russia does attack Germany NATO will not stand by and let it slide they would react. Under the old war plans for VS the USSR Germany would most likely get run over after a week long delaying action. Probably would still happen today if Russia attacked. So Germany is screwed in an initial onslaught by Russia and gets liberated by NATO ALLIES.

Now Germany gets screwed in an initial onslaught by Russia and gets rescued by NATO and got to spend all that money that went to NATO on other things prior to any war. Not as dumb a plan as a first glance might make you think.