Date: 2014-07-21 22:26:56
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:33 pm

Of note:

This follows the hottest May on record.
June broke records on every continent except Antarctica.
All 12 monthly heat records have been broken since 1997.
This is the 352nd consecutive month with above average temperatures.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:39 am

This is the second time somebody's posted that press release as news.

The first time though, I think the last 3 months including June were being claimed as record warm or something like that.

I remember thinking to myself "Huh?" Because I'd seen the satellite record for those months. What they were claiming did just not appear to be true according to that.

But there didn't seem to be any big argument about it on the skeptic sites so I thought, what the Hell maybe it's just not a thing, or something. Most people seem to be ignoring it.

But now you say the CBC is still on it. OK...I'll look again.

Yup. People are starting to talk about it. Here's CAGW skeptic Steven Goddard.

$1:
NOAA says that June was the hottest month in Earth’s history, despite the fact that

1. Satellite temperatures showed it wasn’t even close to hottest. NOAA failed to mention this in their press release, even though they are obviously aware of it.

2. The amount of sea ice on Earth in June was the highest in decades

3. Parts of Antarctica had their coldest June on record

4. The Arctic north of 80N was below normal temperature every day in June, and was first or second coldest on record.

NOAA is attempting to defraud the public, and should be held accountable.

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2014 ... une-fraud/

Roy Spencer also had something to say about it. You know who he is, right? He's one of the scientists who developed the method of using satellites to read global temperature.

Here's what he said.

$1:
I was perusing Bob Tisdale’s analysis of global average sea surface temperatures (SST) through June 2014 and noticed that the OISST product (which has a heavy reliance on satellite infrared measurements) has been suggesting 2014 might be a record warm year, at least for SST.

So, I decided to update the satellite microwave-based SST data from RSS (comprised of the AMSR-E, TMI, and Windsat satellite datasets), and it tells a different story, with 2014 not quite as warm as the last time we were ramping into El Nino conditions (2009):

2014 Global SST Not Looking Like a Record…So Far

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:11 am

Cherrypicking.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:22 am

Here in Sacramento where it's usually hot, sunny, and dry we're cool, cloudy, and setting records for rain. In the middle of a drought. In July.

Interesting.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:29 am

We do this every time it snows...weather != climate. One month is not a climate.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:38 am

How about a section so all the climate queers can debate the same BS every few weeks?

This topic is tired and beaten to death.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:45 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
But now you say the CBC is still on it. OK...I'll look again.

Yup. People are starting to talk about it. Here's CAGW skeptic Steven Goddard.

There's that "C" again, as in CAGW. Seems to have creeped into the parlance lately. That's pretty much tacit acceptance of AGW, right there.

NOAA did not say that June was the "hottest month in Earth'history." Goddard, unlike Spencer, is a flake.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:46 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
How about a section so all the climate queers can debate the same BS every few weeks?

This topic is tired and beaten to death.

Who says you have to show up? If you don't like it, go visit somewhere else. Nobody is forcing you to come here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:48 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Here in Sacramento where it's usually hot, sunny, and dry we're cool, cloudy, and setting records for rain. In the middle of a drought. In July.

Interesting.

There's a 70+% chance of El Nino this year, they are predicting. That's potenitally good news for California, because it means more precipitation this winter. Just drove through central California on the I-5. They could sure use some rain.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:50 am

DanSC DanSC:
We do this every time it snows...weather != climate. One month is not a climate.

But 352 straight months of increases does start to creep into 'climate' territory.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:05 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Just drove through central California on the I-5.

Sorry I missed you in San Francisco but please don't tell me you drove I-5 through Sacramento and were just a few klicks from my house? 8O

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:08 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Interesting.

You better get in the Volvo and drive to check and close all the sluices!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:20 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Cherrypicking.

In what way?

Do you mean using Satellite temps over surface temp measurements?

There is of course, argument on which method of measuring global temperature should be given priority.

There were some glitches in the early days of satellite measurement, but after those were worked out, it appeared the general consensus of those on my side, and many elsewhere to prefer Satellites for accuracy. It's common to check the two methods for divergence. Especially since the NASA/GISS measurements began to diverge, sometimes strongly under James Hansen, during the Climate Pause.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:34 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Just drove through central California on the I-5.

Sorry I missed you in San Francisco but please don't tell me you drove I-5 through Sacramento and were just a few klicks from my house? 8O

Yeah--but we were hauling ass back all the way. Disneyland to Southern oregon in one day--about 600 miles I think. Next time!