canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:07 pm

I don't think Toyota makes the Celica or the Supra anymore...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:08 pm

mtbr mtbr:

Lexus IS350- and the F .

Shit, I didn't even think of lexus. The SC is nice too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:15 pm

stemmer stemmer:

1) I never said Celica.
2) Ford doesn't make the GT40 or the GT anymore
3) I overlooked shelby ALSO being aftermarket. So that narrows you down to vettes, stangs, vipers, challengers, chargers. Cause Hemis are engines, so why it's included in a list of cars I have no idea.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:16 pm

stemmer stemmer:

Splitting the atom wasn't technology?

Did that win the war? That was the catalyst to Japan surrendering but when and where did we nuke Germany?

What prevented Germany from defeating Russia despite a technological advatage?

History lessons aside we incorporated their technology into ours or are you ignoring that the US jet and rocket program was a direct descendant of the German one?

I already pointed out that Japanese influence meant great strides in car fuel efficiency and the Japanese have been at the forefront of computer technology and programing.

Thats to say nothing of cultural influences.

All of this means Canada is a better country with them then without.

Consider your point nullified and yourself schooled.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:19 pm

Tricks Tricks:
mtbr mtbr:

Lexus IS350- and the F .

Nice car...no leaf springs. 8) Also corners well. The 'Vette feels like a pregnant camel with it's ass on fire.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:20 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Tricks Tricks:
mtbr mtbr:

Lexus IS350- and the F .

Nice car...no leaf springs. 8) Also corners well. The 'Vette feels like a pregnant camel with it's ass on fire.

The Mustang too. My grandfather had one, it was not a fun car to drive.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:24 pm

Tricks Tricks:
stemmer stemmer:

1) I never said Celica.
3) I overlooked shelby ALSO being aftermarket. So that narrows you down to vettes, stangs, vipers, challengers, chargers. Cause Hemis are engines, so why it's included in a list of cars I have no idea.

those 70's and 80's Mustangs were pieces of art weren't they :lol:

even the late 70's and 80's Vettes were crap.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:51 pm

Any of you guys had one of those “bozo” clowns? You know the one that’s filled with air and has the sand filled bases and whenever you knocked it down, it just came back up again.

That’s Stemmer and his arguments. 14 pages of “I’m right your wrong”, and nothing more than his personal opinion to back it up.

Hell, the Bozo punch bag has a higher IQ!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:02 pm

All this talk of the Ford GT40. Sweet Lord, one of the greatest cars of all time.

For the record, though, it should be pointed out that it was essentially a British car, Stemmer, so don't give the Americans credit for it.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:23 am

stemmer stemmer:
For the most part Road & Track, Car & Driver and Motor Trend reviews are useless... The company that spends the more bucks advertising in the publication will get a more favorable review... I'll stick to the opinions of mechanics and auto enthusiasts I know & trust...

For the most part C/D, Motor Trend and R and Track have comprehenisve, influential and exahustively tested vehicles. You can run to whatever tinfoil hat conspiracy drivel you want, but Consumer Reports often has similar dependability and quality results.

Go to whomever you want, but that won't change the fact that your Crappy Tire mechanic hasn't driven a GT-R, isn't a certified race car driver, isn't an automotive engineer and simply doesn't possess the accumulated knowledge of C/D staff regarding a wide range of automobiles.

This is "research" and you bitch about wiki? Talk about more hypocrisy.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:28 am

Tricks Tricks:

So what does a 1953 Skyline go for? O a 1957? 1963? 1971? Come one...enlighten me...!!!!! XD

$1:
No idea.

Argumentative fallacy. Ask him how much a '87 Caviler goes for, not a nostalgic car that exudes history. And then ask him to compare his Vettes to Bugatti, Mercedes, Bentley at auctions. Same dumb comparison.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

poquas poquas:
Any of you guys had one of those “bozo” clowns? You know the one that’s filled with air and has the sand filled bases and whenever you knocked it down, it just came back up again.

That’s Stemmer and his arguments. 14 pages of “I’m right your wrong”, and nothing more than his personal opinion to back it up.

Hell, the Bozo punch bag has a higher IQ!

It's the same tired junk, isn't it? Domestic good. And why's that? Vettes sell well at auctions. Oh, okay, but what about the quality or reliability of modern vehicles, you know the ones that most people drive? Oh...well Consumers Reports (note: Consumer Reports slammed the quality of GM in the Feb issue) and my mechanic like them. Oh...is that it? Well...in WWII...

This is xenophobic hypocrisy (he has Japanese electronics and buys his sweatshop clothes with no problems) at its finest. He tells us what to buy and he chucks out the same principles when its him. The reality is that the over the past couple of decades, the domestics have largely produced junk quality, inferior engineered cars that couldn't match the reliability of Japanese. Guess what? Consumers got it too. And no, i don't care what his buddy at Jiffy Lube says either. :wink:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:42 am

Tricks Tricks:
stemmer stemmer:

1) I never said Celica.

Isn't the Supra a Celica?

Shelbys are sold at Ford dealerships so a Shelby Ford Cobra Mustang isn't really aftermarket...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:46 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
stemmer stemmer:

Splitting the atom wasn't technology?

Did that win the war? That was the catalyst to Japan surrendering but when and where did we nuke Germany?

What prevented Germany from defeating Russia despite a technological advatage?

History lessons aside we incorporated their technology into ours or are you ignoring that the US jet and rocket program was a direct descendant of the German one?

I already pointed out that Japanese influence meant great strides in car fuel efficiency and the Japanese have been at the forefront of computer technology and programing.

Thats to say nothing of cultural influences.

All of this means Canada is a better country with them then without.

Consider your point nullified and yourself schooled.

AND who invented the computer technology and programing? Who invented tcp/ip & the internet? Who invented the C programing language? Unix? Windows? MS-DOS? BSD?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:51 am

Mustang1 Mustang1:
Tricks Tricks:

So what does a 1953 Skyline go for? O a 1957? 1963? 1971? Come one...enlighten me...!!!!! XD

$1:
No idea.

Argumentative fallacy. Ask him how much a '87 Caviler goes for, not a nostalgic car that exudes history. And then ask him to compare his Vettes to Bugatti, Mercedes, Bentley at auctions. Same dumb comparison.

I mentioned a Nissan GT-R doesn't have heritage like a Corvette. Then someone mentions Skylines have been made for 40 or 50 years....

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 11  12  13  14  15  16  17 ... 21  Next