CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:51 am

stemmer stemmer:
Why do you blokes insist on posting links to sources which are not credible? Anyone can post a link to some web page someone creates in the depths of their basement and posts it on the internet...

IF you must reference the web please reference reliable sources like AP, CBC, CTV, Global, National Post, BBC, ABC, NBC, PBS, CNN, Washington Post, NY Times and not some WIKI article or some page that is not accountable for the content....

Are you interested in finding the truth or simply finding information which supports your own theories and agendas?

post something that proves otherwise. :P

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:52 am

stemmer stemmer:
AND all you can do is hurl personal insults and name call.... Where was Toyota's generosity when 9-11 occurred in NYC?

AND one more time... I'm not anti-Japanese, I'm pro North American... Quote one post of mine where I said foreigners were inferior, sneeky or sub-human...

We are in tough economic times and we must support our own industries and corporations. If you wish to purchase imports or from foreign corporations you should be free to do so but you must be prepared to suffer the possible consequences....

Semantics. You're anti-Japanese (unless you're buying their T.V.'s or Cameras) and you're pro-American because if you were really serious about jobs then you'd buy a Rav4, Corolla, Civic instead of a Truck built in Colorado.

I know you keep dodging it, but it still holds true - Domestics are closing here and the Japanese aren't.

You buy whatever you want whenever you want so don't lecture us with your hypocritical rhetoric

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:53 am

stemmer stemmer:
Why do you blokes insist on posting links to sources which are not credible? Anyone can post a link to some web page someone creates in the depths of their basement and posts it on the internet...

IF you must reference the web please reference reliable sources like AP, CBC, CTV, Global, National Post, BBC, ABC, NBC, PBS, CNN, Washington Post, NY Times and not some WIKI article or some page that is not accountable for the content....

Are you interested in finding the truth or simply finding information which supports your own theories and agendas?

I've posted sources from Car and Driver, Consumer Reports and the Globe and Mail. You ran away. Don't lecture to me on credible sources. Again, you've got ZERO currency here.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:12 am

Scenario #1

China attacks Taiwan - China has been eyeing the island of Formosa since the Boxer Rebellion of 1949. The US has vowed to protect Taiwan. Japan is the most an ally of the west and is distrusted by China, North Korea and other Asian neighbours... USA is dragged into a confrontation with China (I really hope this never happens)... Detroit's Big Three are not able to produce all the military equipment (for whatever reasons) the US needs... Japan fears if Toyota, Nissan, Honda help with military production it may drag them into the fray. I wouldn't blame Japan for not wanting to be dragged into this war... So most likely the Japan auto companies will not assist the USA with a war effort...

Scenario #2
Substitute North Korea attacking South Korea.

Scenario #3
Pakistan attacks India or Pakistan becomes unstable because of growing Al Qaeda sympathies...

I really HOPE none of the above happens BUT because of national security we must ensure the viability of the Big Three...

Russia surrendered close to 20 million lives in WWII to maintain it's sovereignty... What are you willing to sacrifice?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:18 am

What the fuck does scenario 3 have to do with the US, Japan, and Asia?

Lay off the coke.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:18 am

You're a fucking ass clown.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:30 am

India is an ally of the US. We are in Afghanistan... however Al Qeada hide out in Pakistan... Both India and Pakistan have nukes. Would the USA stand by and watch this happen? Obama has hinted the US may have to go into Pakistan... Both Pakistan & India share a border with China... Do you think China would appreciate US or western military near it's borders?

My concerns are shared by a few in the media... Listen to Lou Dobbs or Glenn Beck...

No one wants this to happen but we must be prepared....

Again, why do you name call?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:34 am

You concerns, shared by the media, have little basis in reality. You have no idea whats going on over there, what you know is only the tip of the iceberg.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:36 am

stemmer stemmer:
Scenario #1

China attacks Taiwan - China has been eyeing the island of Formosa since the Boxer Rebellion of 1949. The US has vowed to protect Taiwan. Japan is the most an ally of the west and is distrusted by China, North Korea and other Asian neighbours... USA is dragged into a confrontation with China (I really hope this never happens)... Detroit's Big Three are not able to produce all the military equipment (for whatever reasons) the US needs... Japan fears if Toyota, Nissan, Honda help with military production it may drag them into the fray. I wouldn't blame Japan for not wanting to be dragged into this war... So most likely the Japan auto companies will not assist the USA with a war effort...

Scenario #2

Scenario #3
Pakistan attacks India or Pakistan becomes unstable because of growing Al Qaeda sympathies...

I really HOPE none of the above happens BUT because of national security we must ensure the viability of the Big Three...

Russia surrendered close to 20 million lives in WWII to maintain it's sovereignty... What are you willing to sacrifice?

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O Seriously, Tinfoil Hat time. Take a break. This is now starting to lose all semblance of reality.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:44 am

Obama continues missile attacks on Pakistan
http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/polit ... missi.html

President Obama Orders Drone Attacks Against Pakistan..
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 575883.ece

Obama Pakistan Missile Strike Kills 18
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/2 ... 60356.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:55 am

Swamppolitics and huffingtonpost, such wonderful sources.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:05 pm

stemmer stemmer:
Scenario #1

Scenario #2

Scenario #3

Image Image Image

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Sorry Hurley...but I don't want this to happen at all... But have you never heard of the military-industrial complex...? it's called that for a reason...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 17  18  19  20  21  Next