canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:03 am

One can understand frustration, but the Frustrated should understand Tact and Diplomacy. Unfortunately what the people of East Hastings need are Politicians who can take up their Plight and present it in a well thought out way, but lack of Leadership has left only the loudest and most foulest to take up the cause. Often those very same people are not really interested in Solutions, but simply want/need conflict.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:10 am

There are a number of MPs on all sides who depend on that group for their votes so I can't see how they are unde-representated. I wish seniors got such representation.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:36 am

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
Cops zapped a protestor....

Good stuff.........

$1:
where police shot a man with a Taser electric stun gun. The man, who police say was not connected to the protest, was arrested.

....read article.... [rtfm] [rtfm] [rtfm] [rtfm]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:21 pm

well I am not particularily christian in the true meaning of the word..but I am a humanitarian.. I believe in the good in everyone and I would try and help anyone who was down and out.. addiction is an illness and as such can be treated and cured... I in my career have seen some positive results for people who were writen off by family and yes some church groups. I work with the mentally ill and have seen the despair in people and I have seen recovery... perhaps you feel that society doesnt have an obligation to these people... ... well I dont agree... I believe in the brotherhood of man...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:23 pm

well I am not particularily christian in the true meaning of the word..but I am a humanitarian.. I believe in the good in everyone and I would try and help anyone who was down and out.. addiction is an illness and as such can be treated and cured... I in I my career have seen some positive results for people who were writen off by family and yes some church groups. I work with the mentally ill and have seen the despair in people and I have seen recovery... perhaps you feel that society doesnt have an obligation to these people... ... well I dont agree... I believe in the brotherhood of man...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:52 pm

The point which the usual suspect attempt to ignore is that this protest was not representative of the homeless but by proffessional agitators who do have a home to go to.

The skid row types have no interest in protests. They have no interest in anything that does not directly feed their habit or their belly.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:05 pm

I thought it was being protested by the poor and homeless advocates who were against the olympics etc....... and a question for you do you need to eat... do you drink wine, or beer.? do you go to bed hungry at night? what if you found yourself in need tomorrow?? what makes you so selfrightious sasquatch.. ?