Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:05 am

$1:
Slightly pedantic, yes. But there are people out there, with the uniform and the Swasitka, and the flags and wearing old WWII era Nazi paraphernalia; who call themselves 'Nazi' and totally believe everything that Hitler was preaching. Call them neo-Nazi, or whichever. To me, they are functionally identical.

Agreed and Antifa acts and is as bad as those POS wana be Nazi's

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:02 am

To me Antifa is one form of Fascism fighting another. Kinda like the Sturmabteilung fighting the Schutzstaffel.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:29 am

stratos stratos:
$1:
Slightly pedantic, yes. But there are people out there, with the uniform and the Swasitka, and the flags and wearing old WWII era Nazi paraphernalia; who call themselves 'Nazi' and totally believe everything that Hitler was preaching. Call them neo-Nazi, or whichever. To me, they are functionally identical.

Agreed and Antifa acts and is as bad as those POS wana be Nazi's

And there's more on the street evidence of it. Much more. Which sounds to me like not "as bad" but worse. Much worse.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:36 pm

Greta Thunberg Suddenly Finds Herself In A Bit Of A Pickle

$1:
Remember how climate change activist Greta Thunberg sailed to this country because she didn’t want to fly and add to the carbon emissions with airplane travel?

Now, of course, what got left out of many stories was that some of the people who sailed her over here then flew back and other people had to fly from Europe to pick up the boat and sail it back to Europe. How much more carbon emissions was that than just flying here by herself?

But did you wonder how Greta was going to get home?

She was staying there for awhile to go to various climate conferences.

And she was part of the way to Chile to attend the COP 25 conference when she had a small hilarious problem.

The conference got moved to Spain.

So after all that, the conference is back in Europe where she started.

So now that her ship has already sailed, she has no way of getting back. And she’s casting about, hoping that someone will offer her a ride back to Europe.

As #COP25 has officially been moved from Santiago to Madrid I’ll need some help.
It turns out I’ve traveled half around the world, the wrong way:)
Now I need to find a way to cross the Atlantic in November… If anyone could help me find transport I would be so grateful.
-> https://t.co/vFQQcLTh2U

— Greta Thunberg (@GretaThunberg) November 1, 2019

This is a little puzzling because how was she planning on getting back anyway once the boat that got her here left?

Maybe she can repeat how she got here and have some folks fly over here to pick up a boat and sail her back, but that would require a duplication of the original offer she got to get here.

And any yacht if it comes explicitly to get her is going to be more carbon emissions than her just taking a flight back that’s scheduled anyway.

But shh, that’s bad, so we can’t suggest that.

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/201 ... us-pickle/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:12 pm

I always assumed she'd just fly home on a cloud of her own smugness. But apparently she doesn't want to use that method of transportation and now is currently looking for the Uber of the ocean. A leatherback sea turtle who doesn't fart, to ferry her across the Atlantic on it's back.

All joking aside, i'll give her this. She's at least trying to look the part while all the other alarmists who, are associated with her in any way shape or form have used one of them thar evil evil flying machines with the in flight movies, snacks, full meals and first class service to get back to whatever part of the known world they hail from.

But a question. Why the fuck isn't Little Miss Sanctimonious in Delhi demanding they clean up that shithole where breathing has currently become an option instead of a right? I suppose, the real reason is that, crapping all over a .02% carbon emitter who's already doing far more than their share to fix a problem that can't be controlled by humans is a waste of her vast scientific knowledge and star power.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 80731.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:46 pm

I hear she's been hanging out with Leo lately.

Now there's a guy who's never been afraid of a little private jetting and a lot of hypocrisy.

Maybe she can catch a ride with him.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:55 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
I hear she's been hanging out with Leo lately.

Now there's a guy who's never been afraid of a little private jetting and a lot of hypocrisy.

Maybe she can catch a ride with him.

With a little luck and if she speaks slowly maybe she can explain what a chinook is to this self proclaimed climate expert. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:02 am

Spain offers to help Greta Thunberg make carbon-free 6,000-mile trip from LA to Madrid in time for UN climate conference - but fails to say how

'Greata, meet Reality.

Reality, this is Greata Thunberg. I don't believe you two have met before.'

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:27 am

carbon free, sounds like Leo is getting a BJ.