Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:21 am

I wish I were there eating some decent chow instead of a bowl of 10 cent ramen. Hell even a bowl of Poutine from KFC would be like gourmet cuisine at this point. I hope the states changes Columbus day to something else soon because Columbus day is pretty lame as holidays go. Only bankers and government employees get the day off. No food specials anywhere. Everyone is afraid to celebrate anything less they get canceled.

So eat a turkey leg and drink a beer for me! Happy Thanksgiving guys!!! [B-o]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:31 am

[B-o] *burrrp*

Getting a headstart on the pumpkin pie.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:52 pm

Thanks rickc for starting this thread to acknowledge our Thanksgiving Day. [B-o] :rock:

I worked today so my bf is making dinner. Pan-seared salmon filet, nugget potatoes and brussels sprouts. Not exactly traditional but salmon is what I requested as it is also my Bday. Just us so too much trouble to do the whole thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:52 pm

She worked today. So we feasted on gas station chicken.....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:57 pm

Sounds yummy Strutz. I had Hello Fresh deliver the whole thing to my door. OMG it was good.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:13 am

rickc rickc:
I wish I were there eating some decent chow instead of a bowl of 10 cent ramen. Hell even a bowl of Poutine from KFC would be like gourmet cuisine at this point. I hope the states changes Columbus day to something else soon because Columbus day is pretty lame as holidays go. Only bankers and government employees get the day off. No food specials anywhere. Everyone is afraid to celebrate anything less they get canceled.

So eat a turkey leg and drink a beer for me! Happy Thanksgiving guys!!! [B-o]

R=UP

This year my youngest asked for a turkey (we usually just have a roast chicken), so I made one, and surprisingly, it turned out pretty well.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:34 pm

Strutz Strutz:
Thanks rickc for starting this thread to acknowledge our Thanksgiving Day. [B-o] :rock:

I worked today so my bf is making dinner. Pan-seared salmon filet, nugget potatoes and brussels sprouts. Not exactly traditional but salmon is what I requested as it is also my Bday. Just us so too much trouble to do the whole thing.

Happy birthday! Sorry about it being late hope you had a great day!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:44 pm

Thanks rickc. Really quiet this year the first time in years that we didn’t have anyone here. Usually we have a full house. I now have two living away and they couldn’t come. My best friend is in the hospital and because of covid she couldn’t have the surgery in may which made it a much more complicated surgery in October. And her boys were busy fussing over her. If all had gone well she would have been out Friday at the latest but it didn’t and she is still in!