Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:47 am

Title: Harper stands pat on stimulus, despite IMF warning
Category: Political
Posted By: mtbr
Date: 2009-04-23 06:42:18
Canadian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:47 am

look who want's to spend more money. The same people who cry about deficits. :lol:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:06 am

Jack just wants another bill he can vote against without reading. :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:30 am

Hey...Harper is doing ok so Canada's unemployed and poor can't be that bad off, eh. Let them eat cake. :wink:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:28 am

Quote:
Canada's economy will shrink by 2.5% in 2009 but will bounce back with 1.2% growth next year, the report says.

What the fuck? How can they predict that? They have no idea what will happen in the next year!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:43 am

I dont see any point in throwing good money after bad. Things are not that horrible and even the IMF says things will get better, so I am going to stay positive

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:53 am

romanP wrote:
Quote:
Canada's economy will shrink by 2.5% in 2009 but will bounce back with 1.2% growth next year, the report says.

What the fuck? How can they predict that? They have no idea what will happen in the next year!

It baffles me how they expect to be taken seriously when they come up with those kinds of reports.

Obama does it too.

Quote:
The budget put forward by President Obama contained a set of assumptions for GDP growth that would result from his administrations efforts to restart the economy. For 2010-2019 the average GDP growth rate is projected to be about 3.3%

Source

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:38 am

romanP wrote:
Quote:

That's what economists do...construct models to make predictions. Do you ask how weathermen know it's going to rain next Wednesday too? :roll: :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:38 pm

Lemmy wrote:
romanP wrote:
Quote:

That's what economists do...construct models to make predictions. Do you ask how weathermen know it's going to rain next Wednesday too? :roll: :lol:

Models are a useful tool for weather prediction for about 3 to 5 days in advance. After that you'd have as much luck using an astrological forecast.

Climate models used for long range predictions are constantly being proven incorrect. One of the causes for the recent economic crisis was the "experts" reliance on models.

The first computer model I ever heard discussed was when the TV series Survivor hit the air, and it was a big thing. This guy claimed his computer model could predict who would be sent home. He'd just been correct on his last prediction so it was making the mainstream news. He made the mistake of making another prediction though. That one was incorrect, and I never heard about that guy, or his company again. Most likely he works for the IPCC, or something similar today.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:29 pm

I like this one ....

Attachments:
Not my prime minister.jpg
Not my prime minister.jpg [ 34.42 KiB | Viewed 102 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:32 pm

kenmore wrote:
I like this one ....

Nothing relevant to the topic on hand. :roll: Oh wait, another opportunity to cry "Harper is Hitler". :roll:

You're boring, hypocritical and predictable.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:35 pm

2Cdo wrote:
kenmore wrote:
I like this one ....

Nothing relevant to the topic on hand. :roll: Oh wait, another opportunity to cry "Harper is Hitler". :roll:

bite me! harpers a loser get over it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:41 pm

kenmore wrote:
2Cdo wrote:
kenmore wrote:
I like this one ....

bite me! harpers a loser get over it.

Here's an idea, why don't you just start a thread and call it say "Haper is a doody head" and anytime you feel like writing something bad about our PM you can just put it into that thread, sparing us from reading your mush in every other thread. C'mon kenny i know you can do it!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:47 pm

Thanks, but no thanks...30 Billion dollars is plenty for now, especially if we give Chrysler and GM $6 billion.

http://business.theglobeandmail.com/ser ... wautos0422

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:17 pm

Couldn't resist it.. make sure you don't misquote me by saying I said he was hitler..just said I liked the pic.