CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28712
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:11 am
 


Title: 'He saved my life': Missing teen gave up lifejacket after canoe capsized | CTV News
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Robair
Date: 2015-05-06 08:54:06
Canadian


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33600
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:11 am
 


Tired of reading this shit. Hope she feels some guilt for the deat of her friend.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11964
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:42 am
 


andyt wrote:
Tired of reading this shit. Hope she feels some guilt for the deat of her friend.



Yeah, what a horrible story of some guy offering to help someone and sacrificing himself. :roll:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33600
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:02 am
 


PUt the life jackets on, nobody needs to be a hero.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 17550
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:12 am
 


From reading the story there was only one for them to use because the second one was blown way when the canoe tipped over.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11964
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:10 am
 


stratos wrote:
From reading the story there was only one for them to use because the second one was blown way when the canoe tipped over.


People making the ultimate sacrifice to help others get nothing but scorn from andy. It's more andys way to help others by asking for someone else to pay the bills for andys pet causes. :roll:


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
Profile
Posts: 32562
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:50 am
 


2Cdo wrote:
stratos wrote:
From reading the story there was only one for them to use because the second one was blown way when the canoe tipped over.


People making the ultimate sacrifice to help others get nothing but scorn from andy. It's more andys way to help others by asking for someone else to pay the bills for andys pet causes. :roll:

Yeah I don't get that attitude either. [huh]

Yes they both should have had them on, but they didn't. In the end he felt she deserved the better chance at survival. No question in my mind it was the right thing to do. This guy should get a posthumous award deserving of sacrifice.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11964
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:57 am
 


Regina wrote:
Yeah I don't get that attitude either. [huh]

Yes they both should have had them on, but they didn't. In the end he felt she deserved the better chance at survival. No question in my mind it was the right thing to do. This guy should get a posthumous award deserving of sacrifice.


Guys like andy would have kept the life jacket and let the woman die. His "helping others" ends at begging on-line for more funding, higher taxes for "the rich"(meaning anyone who makes more than andys minimum wage slinging coffee) and higher minimum wage.


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20067
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:27 pm
 


stratos wrote:
From reading the story there was only one for them to use because the second one was blown way when the canoe tipped over.


So WTF.....if they were wearing them in the first place there would be no way they could blow away....Of course I put myself in nearly the same situation, fishing out of a canoe with a lady friend, using the life jackets as cushions and wouldn't you know it the lady friend manages to get us waaaaaayyyyyy out of position and over it went. Fortunately it was summer, on a nice little lake and we able to recover, lost one rod and reel though....fricken wimmin and canoes...... :twisted: :twisted:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11964
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:14 pm
 


Hyack wrote:
stratos wrote:
From reading the story there was only one for them to use because the second one was blown way when the canoe tipped over.


So WTF.....if they were wearing them in the first place there would be no way they could blow away....Of course I put myself in nearly the same situation, fishing out of a canoe with a lady friend, using the life jackets as cushions and wouldn't you know it the lady friend manages to get us waaaaaayyyyyy out of position and over it went. Fortunately it was summer, on a nice little lake and we able to recover, lost one rod and reel though....fricken wimmin and canoes...... :twisted: :twisted:


Isn't that what life jackets are for in canoes? :wink:

I'm also bad for never wearing my life jacket when out fishing, but I am a strong swimmer and don't go out when the water is that cold. (Well, not often. :oops: )


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 5242
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:29 pm
 


I tend to agree with Andy on this one. Not the heaping scorn part, which I doubt was what he meant anyways, but the tired of it part. How many times this summer will we hear about people dying on a lake because they don't observe basic safety rules? How much tazpayer money will be spent rescuing people who don't follow the rules?

This guy did a good thing, and he should be honoured for that, but he never should've been in that position in the first place.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33600
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:53 pm
 


The guy gets a Darwin award along with his heroism award. How often do we have to hear this story repeated? The water got choppy, and still they didn't put the jackets on. Apparently he also stood up to steady the canoe!

The media isn't doing anybody any favors by making this a story about heroism instead of stupidity.


Last edited by andyt on Wed May 06, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20067
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:00 pm
 


andyt wrote:
Apparently he also stood up to steady the canoe!


He gets full points on the Darwinian scoreboard for this move alone.... :roll: :roll:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33600
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:14 pm
 


Quote:
The father of the 19-year-old man who's missing and presumed drowned in the Richelieu River said Wednesday he couldn’t be prouder of his son.


Understandable, but I'd be prouder of the son who didn't need to lose his life in the first place.

Now the girl will bask in the attention of having had a guy give up his life for her, instead of banging her head against the wall for being so stupid and contributing to the death. Maybe if the media heaped more scorn on people who die this way, it would reduce these very preventable deaths.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 17550
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:32 am
 


I get your point andyt to bad you have to once again blame others for someone else's action. Could you not just as well say that the Media should be scorning him for not wearing his life jacket.

You seem to want to pile on the survivor and put the blame on her for living.

You say she will bask in the attention. You and others in Canada are seeing the news not me. Is this what is going on or are you just making assumptions about a person with out any facts again?


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  1  2  3  4  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.