Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:10 pm

llama66 llama66:
raydan raydan:
I can't eat whole mango... I've never been able to swallow the pit.

The key is to relax your throat. Like a duck.

RIP Linda Lovelace :cry: :lol:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:22 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I like mangoes and will check with our local Asian market to see of they carry this variety from Pakistan. [B-o]

Sure...Please do that :)

raydan raydan:
There are no Pakistani restaurants in Québec City, but the Indian restaurants all have Pakistani dishes. The owner, cooks and servers in my favourite Indian restaurant are all Pakistani. :lol:

Fighter... I made a Nihari dish a few weeks ago.

Never knew Canadians will be that used to of Pakistani dishes/cuisine.

Just fantastic. Any Canadian dish you may like me to experience?

Workers are all Pakistanis? :lol:

Why do I think now about the idea to open a Pakistani restaurant in Quebec/Canada and serve as much as Pakistani dishes/cuisine as possible. :)

You made Nihari? [B-o] Nihari itself has so many flavors and varieties. Damn.

I wonder how Indians are able to manage to serve Mughal/Pakistani dishes...

Cuisine of both countries are to some extent is similar but there is difference as well. Pakistani cuisine has quite involvement of beef.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:39 am

Mango Cream | How To Make Mango Dessert | Summer Dessert | Simply Jain

Mango Pudding Recipe - Asian Recipe - Pai's Kitchen

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:56 am

peck420 peck420:
Dr. C.

If you want more of what 34 ave offers (I am assuming between 91 st and 99 st), check out by 34 ave & 34 street.

It also pays to peruse through MW's every once in a while. A lot of the little strips in each area have become little mecca's of different ethnicities.

I will look. I don't venture into deepest darkest Millwoods very often, but I can be adventurous. I only used ot venture there because there was a sugarless candy store near the Petro-Can off 34th and (?)50th st.

The problem with so many cuisines is I never have the time to eat the stuff before it spoils! I walk through a market and fill up my basket with so many nice things, only to get it home and have no place to put it because my fridge and pantry are full! ;)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:01 am

Fighter Fighter:

Let me tell you a secret about our 'cuisine'. We don't have one. What we do is try everyone's and steal, mix, and match the best from theirs into our own.

Ever had Curried Potato and onion Pyrogies? Fries with cheese curds and Salsa? An egg taco with crickets?

Sounds odd, but they are all pretty good!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:24 am

$1:
Let me tell you a secret about our 'cuisine'. We don't have one. What we do is try everyone's and steal, mix, and match the best from theirs into our own.

How dare you give up the secret.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:35 am

Fighter Fighter:

Whipped cream from a CAN! 8O Heresy! Burn the witch! :lol:

llama66 llama66:

There are lots more, but people give you reciepies if they think you will make them!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:44 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Fighter Fighter:

llama66 llama66:

There are lots more, but people give you reciepies if they think you will make them!

Whipped cream from a can is good for only three things: Covering Pumpkin pie in a protective shell of whipped cream, putting the whipped cream directly in your mouth like some uncultured swine, and felling like a piece of shit for being so uncultured.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:48 am

Whipped cream from fresh cream and vanilla seeds so soooooo much better. Even if it is a bit more work. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:19 am

Can't eat to much of a Mango. I think it goes back to time spent in Panama. Smell of rotten mango's is everywhere. They taste good to me but only in small portions. Same goes for Mango Juice. Mango bits/chunks on ice cream... [drool]

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:43 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Fighter Fighter:

Ever had Curried Potato and onion Pyrogies? Fries with cheese curds and Salsa? An egg taco with crickets?

Sounds odd, but they are all pretty good!

Yes..Yes.

Can relate :)

Smart Canadians for doing that...You country has immense diverse culture so obviously you going to have this of here and that of there. Sounds good strategy [B-o]

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Fighter Fighter:

:lol:

llama66 llama66:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Fighter Fighter:

llama66 llama66:

Whipped cream from a can is good for only three things: Covering Pumpkin pie in a protective shell of whipped cream, putting the whipped cream directly in your mouth like some uncultured swine, and felling like a piece of shit for being so uncultured.

Seriously ROTFL

stratos stratos:
Can't eat to much of a Mango. I think it goes back to time spent in Panama. Smell of rotten mango's is everywhere. They taste good to me but only in small portions. Same goes for Mango Juice. Mango bits/chunks on ice cream... [drool]

I believe US will receive Pakistani mangoes so do check out locally in your area or nearest towns :)

Maybe this site helps.

https://kingmangoesusa.com/

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:23 am

$1:
'We look forward to it the whole year': It's mango season in northeast Calgary

There's a debate that comes around every summer in Calgary's South Asian community: which country has the tastiest mangoes?

Is it India, or Pakistan? The two countries share thousands of different varieties between them but most Canadians outside of immigrant communities haven't seen or tasted even one.

Grocery stores in the northeast use social media to alert mango lovers when a new shipment arrives.

Boxes are labelled with flight information, with bright yellow mangoes arriving at Calgary International Airport via Karachi and Mumbai.

They don't last long, and it can be adventure trawling ethnic grocery stores trying to find them. The sweet, juicy mangoes look and taste a lot different from the varieties you'll find at mainstream Canadian grocery chains.

Varieties like Indian Kesar and Alphonso mangoes and Pakistan's Chonsa and Sindhri mangoes taste like a spoonful of honey with a unique floral bouquet that fills kitchens all over northeast Calgary.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ ... -1.5193148

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:12 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
$1:
'We look forward to it the whole year': It's mango season in northeast Calgary

There's a debate that comes around every summer in Calgary's South Asian community: which country has the tastiest mangoes?

Is it India, or Pakistan? The two countries share thousands of different varieties between them but most Canadians outside of immigrant communities haven't seen or tasted even one.

Grocery stores in the northeast use social media to alert mango lovers when a new shipment arrives.

Boxes are labelled with flight information, with bright yellow mangoes arriving at Calgary International Airport via Karachi and Mumbai.

They don't last long, and it can be adventure trawling ethnic grocery stores trying to find them. The sweet, juicy mangoes look and taste a lot different from the varieties you'll find at mainstream Canadian grocery chains.

Varieties like Indian Kesar and Alphonso mangoes and Pakistan's Chonsa and Sindhri mangoes taste like a spoonful of honey with a unique floral bouquet that fills kitchens all over northeast Calgary.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ ... -1.5193148

[cheer] Grab it, sir....Grab it with both hands and very likely you'll feel the difference and will be delighted to have them :)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:18 am

Fighter Fighter:
[cheer] Grab it, sir....Grab it with both hands and very likely you'll feel the difference and will be delighted to have them :)

I will! We normally just get red and green mangoes from Mexico in the store. For a short time, we get those beautiful golden mangoes.

I will get a couple cases, if I can fight people for them, and preserve them. [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:21 am

$1:
I will get a couple cases, if I can fight people for them, and preserve them.

You will hug em and love em and call them.... George. :lol: