canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:25 pm

Title: High-end Teslas and other electric vehicles could get sideswiped by Liberal luxury tax
Category: Business
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2020-03-14 23:23:42
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:25 pm

the top 10% already pay > 75% of all personal income tax collected. So how is this anywhere near fair? or even reasonable. Just another punishment for doing well that will drive wealth outside of the country.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:18 pm

uwish uwish:
the top 10% already pay > 75% of all personal income tax collected.

As it should be. The top 10% have all the money, so let them pay more. Why should us working-class people who are already taxed to death have to pay more?

uwish uwish:
So how is this anywhere near fair? Just another punishment for doing well that will drive wealth outside of the country.

Pardon me if I don't feel bad for someone that can afford a $100,000+ electric car, when the rest of us are driving $20,000 cars that are financed and have yet to be paid off because we're barely able to scrape together a living.

If they don't like it, they can go cry in their $4000 Versace suits.

Screw them.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:50 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

Screw them.

-J.

Your views are intriguing to me and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. 8)

R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:32 pm

uwish uwish:
the top 10% already pay > 75% of all personal income tax collected. So how is this anywhere near fair? or even reasonable. Just another punishment for doing well that will drive wealth outside of the country.

punishment? if only.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:34 pm

As the rich folk would say, mainly because it's been their main method and strategy of getting rich in the first place, fuck "fair". :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:29 am

Or, they could just buy the $40,000 model, or the $50,000 truck. 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:08 am

By the by, for those who keep insisting that green energy is green, here's some pics of "Lake" Baotou.

Turns out the most commonly used rare earth elements aren't all that rare. What's rare is the number of countries willing to turn parts of the themselves into Mordor to get them.

Meanwhile, this is what more and more Canadian oil extraction looks like.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:46 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
uwish uwish:

As it should be. The top 10% have all the money, so let them pay more. Why should us working-class people who are already taxed to death have to pay more?

uwish uwish:
So how is this anywhere near fair? Just another punishment for doing well that will drive wealth outside of the country.

Pardon me if I don't feel bad for someone that can afford a $100,000+ electric car, when the rest of us are driving $20,000 cars that are financed and have yet to be paid off because we're barely able to scrape together a living.

Screw them.

-J.

I don't often agree with you, but this is bang on the money. R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:29 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Or, they could just buy the $40,000 model, or the $50,000 truck. 8)

Or even the $90.000 model if they want to.

But Lower Mainlanders are celebrating $1.40/L gas to justify buying a new Dodge Charger or F350

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:22 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

But wait...these rich people are SAVING THE PLANET!!!!!!! by buying fancy electric cars!!!

:lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:25 pm

But but we'll add more shit about something else and pretend it has something to do with the subject.
It's called straw man and red herring arguments.
Works well with Can'tservatives.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:03 am

herbie herbie:
But but we'll add more shit about something else and pretend it has something to do with the subject.
It's called straw man and red herring arguments.
Works well with Can'tservatives.
Yeah baby, look how EVS are helping to "green" the planet. Surf's up, dewd.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:50 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
uwish uwish:

uwish uwish:

Screw them.

-J.

Back in the 70's I sailed with a sick bay tiffy who went out and bought himself the biggest Caddy he could find. When I asked him how the hell he could afford the gas for that behemoth all he said was "if you can afford the car you can afford the gas".

So, people shouldn't cry to much about the rich get taxed a bit more for purchasing electric cars. Because it's not going to affect their bottom line no matter how much the dealerships claim and since it won't affect the perpetual smugness of the Prius drivers who are apparently "saving the world" everybody can be happy.

Even the green crowd.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:14 pm

Like I said, if you're paying $1.40/L and simply refuse to get an EV to go30Kms to work cuz you;re a stubborn ass, then you;re a stubborn ass.
If you refuse to because of mining practices in some 3rd world country, you're too stupid to fix that completely separate problem.
Can't-servatives are known to be unable to solve two things at once or even consider it.