canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:20 pm

Title: How the falling cost of solar panels can teach us to make new tech affordable
Category: Business
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2018-11-27 06:41:03

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:20 pm

Well that's great as long as the sun is shining and the wind is blowing. Don't get me wrong these are good additions to our power grid but they are very unreliable. I am off grid and have seen months where it is cloudy for 3 weeks straight. I can assure you no net gain was forthcoming from my panels.
It's a good start and it helps but it can't power the first world. If we could find a safe way to harness hydrogen then we'd have er beat!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:20 am

newz wrote:
Well that's great as long as the sun is shining and the wind is blowing. Don't get me wrong these are good additions to our power grid but they are very unreliable. I am off grid and have seen months where it is cloudy for 3 weeks straight. I can assure you no net gain was forthcoming from my panels.
It's a good start and it helps but it can't power the first world. If we could find a safe way to harness hydrogen then we'd have er beat!

https://electrek.co/2018/01/23/tesla-gi ... 1-million/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:17 am

Link is nice but doesnt say anything about what those "power packs" are made of.
How many watts were required to make them? What is there life cycle. Are they lithium batteries and if so how many co2 burning machines were required to produce them?
I read that article twice and still could not find the answers. If I missed that info please point me in proper direction.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:53 am

Did your subscription to Google expire? I'm not doing your homework for you.

I'm just here to completely squash the FUD you try to sow. Mission accomplished.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Washington Capitals
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:12 pm

R=UP