Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:01 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
^^^

Trudeau can't help himself though. It's how the Liberal party has always rolled.

History shows that patronage is a non-partisan issue, the Liberals just get caught more often. :lol:

They get elected more often, because the larger portion of the population in the East prefers them to any conservative, so they have more opportunity.

There needs to be the intersection of a conservative leader the East can hold their nose and vote for; and a Liberal leader too terrible to vote for. (The NDP can get stuffed, the East will never vote for them or the Greens)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:21 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
There needs to be the intersection of a conservative leader the East can hold their nose and vote for; and a Liberal leader too terrible to vote for. (The NDP can get stuffed, the East will never vote for them or the Greens)

The East would vote for a Red Tory type, but today's conservatives have swung too far right for a lot of people to consider voting for.

If the current iteration was smart, they'd move away from the social-conservative base in Alberta and move to the middle to steal votes from the Liberals, because the majority of Albertans are going to vote blue no matter what the party is due to their hatred of Trudeau and everything liberal.

Fortunately for Canadians, they aren't.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:32 am

Scandal reminds me of old Canadian game shows where they win a whole $200.
OMG his wife got paid $1400 to speak 3 years before he was even PM.....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:43 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

The East would vote for a Red Tory type, but today's conservatives have swung too far right for a lot of people to consider voting for.

If the current iteration was smart, they'd move away from the social-conservative base in Alberta and move to the middle to steal votes from the Liberals, because the majority of Albertans are going to vote blue no matter what the party is due to their hatred of Trudeau and everything liberal.

Fortunately for Canadians, they aren't.

I might be in the weeds here, but I think the Green Party has firmly taken that Red Tory position on a good number of things. They are fiscally conservative, and socially liberal. Aside from their extreme climate focus, they are very socially progressive as well.

The problem being Elizabeth May. She dragged the party out of obscurity, from a group of treehuggers to a party that has been in Parliament for several terms. So the party is essentially formed around Elizabeth May. Now that she is stepping down, there is no one else to run things.

Plus, they still run too many hippie types to be taken seriously. They need to shed that image, then they could take the place of a centrist party.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:14 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
The problem being Elizabeth May. She dragged the party out of obscurity, from a group of treehuggers to a party that has been in Parliament for several terms. So the party is essentially formed around Elizabeth May. Now that she is stepping down, there is no one else to run things.

Plus, they still run too many hippie types to be taken seriously. They need to shed that image, then they could take the place of a centrist party.

There are times where I wonder if the Green Party is a genuine political party or a cult. The way it formed around May gives me the impression that it's the latter.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:29 pm

Or it could be that she has been a steady hand and a respectable human being. I have seen her stumble but I also saw her get right back up and present not a shill voice in the wilderness but a well rounded and reasoned argument in the house.

Yes, he has a following and I would submit she earned that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:56 am

Scape Scape:
Or it could be that she has been a steady hand and a respectable human being. I have seen her stumble but I also saw her get right back up and present not a shill voice in the wilderness but a well rounded and reasoned argument in the house.

Yes, he has a following and I would submit she earned that.

Indeed. But there is no obvious replacement for her in the Green Party.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:41 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
rickc rickc:
Sexual assault.

Prove it.

He all but f*cking admitted it. First he denied it. Then he claimed he didn't recall the incident but "apologized" for it anyway and then finally excused his behaviour by stating that "sometimes men and women perceive their interactions with each other differently".

The proof is in Idiot Boy's own words.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:48 am

$1:
"sometimes men and women perceive their interactions with each other differently".

This statement is vanilla. By that I mean, we think it means something, but it doesn't. It's not an admission of anything, it's simply the rehearsed line that came out on that pull of the cord.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:27 am

llama66 llama66:
$1:
"sometimes men and women perceive their interactions with each other differently".

This statement is vanilla. By that I mean, we think it means something, but it doesn't. It's not an admission of anything, it's simply the rehearsed line that came out on that pull of the cord.

Riiight. You keep on believing that.

1) I didn't do that.

2) Well I don't remember doing that but I'll apologize for it anyway.

3) Men and women perceive their interactions with each other differently.

Yeah, I might buy your reasoning if his story hadn't kept changing.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:04 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
rickc rickc:
Sexual assault.

Prove it.

He all but f*cking admitted it. First he denied it. Then he claimed he didn't recall the incident but "apologized" for it anyway and then finally excused his behaviour by stating that "sometimes men and women perceive their interactions with each other differently".

The proof is in Idiot Boy's own words.

What did he admit to? What did she say happened? He put his hand on her ass.

That is still not sexual assault, no matter how many times it's repeated. And we've had this conversation a number of times. At this point, it's left the honest mistake station and is arriving at the blatant lie junction.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:55 am

herbie herbie:
Scandal reminds me of old Canadian game shows where they win a whole $200.
OMG his wife got paid $1400 to speak 3 years before he was even PM.....

I've won more than that playing craps in the Corps.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:05 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

If the polls are anywhere near accurate the pseudo Conservatives will get their Red Tory in one Mr. Peter McKay as their new leader.

https://ipolitics.ca/2020/05/27/mackay- ... reet-poll/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:07 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

That is still not sexual assault, no matter how many times it's repeated.

Tell that to the cancel culture crowd. ROTFL

But here's a much more disturbing scenario if true and the reason I say this is because of a lack of coverage by Canadian News media outlets. Why the hell do we have to get any unflattering information about the current Prime Minister in a newspaper from the American version of Siberia???

https://buffalochronicle.com/2019/10/19 ... t-thought/

https://buffalochronicle.com/2019/10/07 ... om-office/

Last edited by Freakinoldguy on Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:11 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
If the polls are anywhere near accurate the pseudo Conservatives will get their Red Tory in one Mr. Peter McKay as their new leader.

David Orchard was the Red Tory. McKay, the one that stabbed Orchard in the back, is just dressed up like one.

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

That is still not sexual assault, no matter how many times it's repeated.

Tell that to the cancel culture crowd. ROTFL

No, I've told it to him enough. They obviously can't absorb new information that conflicts with their biases, so I am not going to bother anymore.