Title: Iconic Dad's chocolate chip cookies discontinued, customers bitter
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2017-04-30 22:24:56
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:01 am

"Iconic"?? They were shit! That's why they are gone. And nothing of value was lost. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:04 am

Dare's all the way. And the store no-name brand cookies are usually good as well.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:17 am

Nothing compares to cookies you made yourself. Butter, sugar, flour. . .fast and easy.

Not hard little lumps of something that seems like it was a cookie, 30 or 40 years ago. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:24 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
"Iconic"?? They were shit! That's why they are gone. And nothing of value was lost. :P

Ditto.

The people who were so outraged that they were calling the manufacturer and the media to complain about a fucking cheap mass-market grocery store cookie need to spend the day volunteering at a soup kitchen or a women's shelter to get their priorities straight. Have these people nothing else to complain about?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:10 am

First world problems. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:59 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Bullshit, they were the only Dad's cookie that was good. Like the lady said, shortbread.

All the rest aren't chocolate chips cookies, they're chocolate bars with some cookie dough included.
All store cookies have turned into shit these days. $4-$5 for an ever-shrinking size bag of quarter sized cookies so thin they must be made with a food printer.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:24 am

herbie herbie:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Bullshit, they were the only Dad's cookie that was good. Like the lady said, shortbread.

Sorry Herb, but if you think those resemble 'shortbread' then you must never have had any. :( Shortbread and Scotch, that's a treat during the Christmas holidays. [B-o] Fresh from the oven! [drool]

But I do agree, the things they sell in stores can only loosely be referred to as 'cookies'.

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

[B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:08 pm

Shortbread straight from the oven? It's gotta sit in the crock jar for months to firm up.

Just another modern annoyance courtesy of some marketing idiot. Like not being able to buy an edible donut at Timmies anymore, 1,000,000,000 outlets for sugar free pop so long as it's Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke, and going to the mall after freezing your balls off during March yardwork to see all the displays of beachballs, flipflops and suntan lotions, ads for Ice Capps everywhere...
Same idiots who got caught flatfooted this year. Filled the stores with Easter candy the day after Valentines and Easter took so long the candy was old and discounted by the time it got here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:16 pm

Never tried them... seems like I didn't miss much.

The only good cookies in a box I've found are these... but usually I make my own.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:24 pm

Little Debbie...that slut! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:06 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Solution to problem: Choose another brand from the other dozen or so the fucking store sells [/Bubbles voice]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:22 pm

These cookies are affecting my waistline as of late....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:32 pm

SuperStore way back when had a President's Choice line that was all-soft cookies. Their chocolate chip was insanely good. [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:38 pm

K I admit, I don't really like chocolate chip cookies, I liked Dad's because they were sparing (okay -cheap) with them.
The good store cookies are those Penis Freaks strawberry ones.