bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:02 pm

peck420 peck420:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
No way. Look at the US. That just brings in obstructionist clowns. Make it an independent 10-year appointment from the ranks of the professional public service

10 years is too long!

The speed of societal change is relative to our rate of communication. We need to adapt and change faster, not slower. We should be reducing term limits until they approach zero, which could happen as soon as the communication rate hits 100% coverage (currently at approx 70%). It is already nearly instantaneous.

No you need a professional who didn’t just show up on the job yesterday and is guaranteed to be replaced next week. There’sl literally nothing written anywhere that says an organization can’t adapt to social change if their leader’s time on the job is greater than zero. That makes absolutely no sense.

Also in order for the job to be professional and not short-sighted opportunist and a-political, it has to be a term of employment that is longer than the election cycle, filled by someone who intends to keep their job under governments of different parties that come and go by being a respected professional.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:17 pm

JWR is telling the truth, Butts is a liar just like Trudeau.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:14 pm

As expected, Butts presented a coherent case. Mentioning thousands of jobs was a big mistake, though, almost a confession of guilt. Can I go out and commit crimes if I think it will protect jobs? I hope JT makes a simple apology for what was done without any of the jobs nonsense. Even if no illegal acts occurred, pressuring an AG in any way about a case is flat out wrong in a rule of law country. This is not (yet) Huaweiland

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:45 pm

He forgot at say..."thousands of jobs for La Belle Province" but no mention of the thousands of jobs lost in Alberta.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:55 pm

I don’t think JWR was inappropriately pressured but I do think she was shuffled to demote her or encourage a resignation once things got tense between them.

In case anyone hasn’t been following, they transferred JWR to VA after she refused an appointment to Minister of Indigenous Services, which itself was vacant after Philpott moved from there to Treasury upon Scott Brison retiring in January. However they really ought to have known JWR would refuse to administer under the Indian Act, something she vehemently opposes as a FN woman and daughter of a FN Hereditary Chief. Butts was a little short on specifics as to exactly why it just absolutely had to be JWR for the IS rolle. And on top of that I don’t really buy the claim that after her refusal to go to IS she still had to be moved somewhere new because allowing a minister to refuse a move and keep their role was a threat to the whole cabinet system.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:56 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
He forgot at say..."thousands of jobs for La Belle Province" but no mention of the thousands of jobs lost in Alberta.

Those earth-raper jobs? Just like the title of one of The Duke's greater WW2 movies, according to the Laurentian hegemony they were expendable. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:01 pm

0:
54200980_10155792138827234_7376160762382778368_n.jpg
54200980_10155792138827234_7376160762382778368_n.jpg [ 65.87 KiB | Viewed 64 times ]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:26 am

llama66 llama66:
Do you want me to bring Marshmellows or Wieners?

Marshmallows. But ones with actual marshmallow in them, not cheap artificial vanilla extract in them. I will bring good chocolate.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:15 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:

Alberta is not in (Trudeau's) Canada. Trudeau's Canada consists of Quebec and sometimes the Maritimes, and Ontario; Manitoba, the Territories, and British Columbia occasionally; Saskatchewan very rarely... his Canada never includes Alberta. It must not include Alberta... after all those filthy Albertans hated his daddy.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:24 am

And he hated us right back.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:24 am

I agree with the overall sentiment.

However, I don't want Quebec losing jobs either. They'll just need more equalization...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:30 am

Ideally no jobs should be lost. I think what grinds our gears is he moves heaven and earth for SNC-L and Bombardier, but goes meh for Alberta, then he goes here's legislation to further fuck the natural resource industries.

Canadians want the same effort paid for Quebec industries to be applied to other, non-Quebec based companies and Industries.

Last edited by llama66 on Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:31 am

SNC Lavalin is also a major government contractor, and reducing their stock price leaves them vulnerable to takeover. Do we really want sensitive information in foreign hands?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:36 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
No you need a professional who didn’t just show up on the job yesterday and is guaranteed to be replaced next week.

Assigning a judge to the post for 4 years is hardly asking for a non-professional, and is not a person who just showed up for the job.

Why bother responding to posts when you make it so obvious you don't even read them?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:37 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
I don’t think JWR was inappropriately pressured

Well she disagrees with you on that one. Quite heavily.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  Next