Category: Political
Posted By: Freakinoldguy
Date: 2019-03-06 10:43:39
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:49 am

Well his testimony is in and we can now decide who we believe. Him or the former Attorney General because there's two very different interpretations about what took place.

The only thing is that we'll likely never know the truth about this whole sordid affair which is sad. Because, as the people who are paying these politicians and bureaucrats wages and who put them into power we have the right to know the truth and not be shown some gov't funded highly polished turd.

Last edited by Freakinoldguy on Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:51 am

I'm going to believe JWR. Butts/Trudeau both stand to benefit, JWR, to me, her testimony bore a ring of truth.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:53 am

They may both be correct. Everyone takes things said to them in different ways,

What isn't up for debate though, is when the PM didn't get his way, he 'demoted' JWR to Veterans Affairs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:54 am

llama66 wrote:
I'm going to believe JWR. Butts/Trudeau both stand to benefit, JWR, to me, her testimony bore a ring of truth.

I'm not going to believe either one of them. JWR has her eye on the brass ring and Trudeau and Butts are trying to keep their UN driven globalist power wagon rolling.

As for JWR I trust her about as far as I can throw her. So, I'll wait till what part she played in the subverting of justice in the Admiral Norman case comes out and then I'll make my decision. [B-o]

Last edited by Freakinoldguy on Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:56 am

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:58 am

DrCaleb wrote:

Yup, pretty much everything that's been said about this by both sides has been bullshit and we're likely never going to find out what really happened.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:04 pm

Freakinoldguy wrote:
Yup, pretty much everything that's been said about this by both sides has been bullshit and we're likely never going to find out what really happened.

Odds are, yes. But I think there is one thing that is really obvious in this scandal.

The Minister of Justice and the Attorney General need to be two different people, like many other Constitutional Monarchies have.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:13 pm

DrCaleb wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:

Odds are, yes. But I think there is one thing that is really obvious in this scandal.

The Minister of Justice and the Attorney General need to be two different people, like many other Constitutional Monarchies have.

Exactly. It would eliminate conflicts of interest and give the appearance of impartiality for both offices.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:52 pm

AG should be independent all together. Have Canadians vote for the AG...

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:59 pm

llama66 wrote:

Fuck that! I want humour.

The leaving government chooses the AG for the new government.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:06 pm

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Do you want me to bring Marshmellows or Wieners?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:17 pm

Freakinoldguy wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:

Exactly. It would eliminate conflicts of interest and give the appearance of impartiality for both offices.

I agree with this as well.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:33 pm

llama66 wrote:

No way. Look at the US. That just brings in obstructionist clowns. Make it an independent 10-year appointment from the ranks of the professional public service

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:40 pm

BeaverFever wrote:
No way. Look at the US. That just brings in obstructionist clowns. Make it an independent 10-year appointment from the ranks of the professional public service

10 years is too long!

The speed of societal change is relative to our rate of communication. We need to adapt and change faster, not slower. We should be reducing term limits until they approach zero, which could happen as soon as the communication rate hits 100% coverage (currently at approx 70%). It is already nearly instantaneous.