Title: Income inequality is bad for everyone, IMF report concludes
Category: Business
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2015-06-16 07:08:55
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:49 am

So poverty costs us all money in two directions. It has higher justice and medical system costs and lost productivity, and it also lowers GDP. Yet we seem hell bent on continuing down that road.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:50 am

I thought this article would interest you. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:57 am

Bias confirmation, it's a wonderful thing.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:05 am

I saw a movie yesterday and thought of Andy.

It's called "The Giver".

It takes place in a society where everyone is equal, their homes and clothes are equal, and the community they live in is evidently communist. They also suppress emotions to maintain harmony, people are monitored by the state 24/7/365, and those deemed unfit are "released" which is just murder by another name.

The whole time I was watching the movie I was thinking how the author of the story intended it as a warning while Andy would likely consider it an instruction manual.

Because absent the total repression of the human spirit you will NEVER impose your dystopian idea of total equality. People are not equal.

Accept it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:20 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I saw a movie yesterday and thought of Andy.

It's called "The Giver".

It takes place in a society where everyone is equal, their homes and clothes are equal, and the community they live in is evidently communist. They also suppress emotions to maintain harmony, people are monitored by the state 24/7/365, and those deemed unfit are "released" which is just murder by another name.

The whole time I was watching the movie I was thinking how the author of the story intended it as a warning while Andy would likely consider it an instruction manual.

Because absent the total repression of the human spirit you will NEVER impose your dystopian idea of total equality. People are not equal.

Accept it.

The very point made by Rush in their classic, "The Trees". Silly Marxists... ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:23 am

Nice strawman, by adding the word total. But really, write the IMF and tell them they've got it all wrong, and that you know better.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:28 am

andyt andyt:
Nice strawman, by adding the word total. But really, write the IMF and tell them they've got it all wrong, and that you know better.

The IMF is just another means for the financiers and the bankers to hoodwink people.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:36 am

They seem to be a fickle lot, those bankers and financiers, since they've convinced you of the very opposite of what this report says.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:33 am

Classic: Keynes versus Hayek

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:38 am

andyt andyt:
They seem to be a fickle lot, those bankers and financiers, since they've convinced you of the very opposite of what this report says.

In my time I have written a few reports that were intended to convince people of the very opposite of the truth.