PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:12 am

Title: Inquiry by C.I.A. Affirms Spying on Senate Panel
Category: Uncle Sam
Posted By: Goober911
Date: 2014-07-31 19:27:45

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:12 am

I can't believe there isn't more of an uproar over this. Has the NSA's actions really numbed people that much?

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:18 am

In a police state, this is small time stuff. Americans are getting used to their government taking all their privacy and freedoms away under the guise of security, why would this piss them off?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:22 am

QBC QBC:
In a police state, this is small time stuff. Americans are getting used to their government taking all their privacy and freedoms away under the guise of security, why would this piss them off?

Well....as long as they feel safe.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:38 am

QBC QBC:

I've always thought of our southern cousins as being pro-freedom, and having an entire branch of government being spied on by an agency that isn't supposed to spy on internal citizens - let alone the branch of government supposed to oversee them - to me should evoke angry people marching in the streets!

It just wobbles my mind that things have gone so retrograde that whether Bloom punched Bieber (nice shot, BTW) seems more important to them.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:56 am

The Tea Party and the preppers don't seem quite so paranoid now, do they?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:21 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Not paranoid enough, in some cases.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:23 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Not paranoid enough, in some cases.

Indeed. I don't think even the nuttiest tin foiler could have imagined the insanity that the government is actually carrying out.

Imagine the fact that the NSA facility in Utah is archiving this very discussion.

Now everyone say 'Hi' to the f*ckers from the NSA! [but]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:39 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
QBC QBC:

I've always thought of our southern cousins as being pro-freedom, and having an entire branch of government being spied on by an agency that isn't supposed to spy on internal citizens - let alone the branch of government supposed to oversee them - to me should evoke angry people marching in the streets!

It just wobbles my mind that things have gone so retrograde that whether Bloom punched Bieber (nice shot, BTW) seems more important to them.

I think they are pro-freedom. I imagine exactly the same thing is happening in Canada. At least it's a story down there.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:55 pm

The only freedom the CIA is interested in is the freedom to do as they please. This episode shows that. Under the orders of Cheney, terror suspects were tortured in violation of a number of international treaties and laws. Then congress tried to do its job and oversee the CIA, so CIA spied on them to see what they had in terms of evidence to see how much they needed to hide.

If this doesn't prove the need to reign in the CIA then nothing will.