bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:02 pm

martin14 martin14:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
It's kind of funny to watch you deny this, considering it's pretty much as proven as the Sun rising in the east. The only one denying it is Putin, to try to salvage some of his machismo.

It's kind of funny when you are going to show me where I denied any of it.

I only point out the West is just as bad.

Not even close. It's the false attribution that the West is anywhere close to the Russian level of corruption that you use to excuse their actions.

I mean, really, going back to the Documentary, the former head of amateur sporting for Russia had copies of emails he received from Duma members ordering him to give the Russian athletes illegal drugs and cover it up! And they say the order came from Putin himself! Pretty much every Russian athlete's urine sample in Sochi showed signs of tampering! What does it take before the IOC bans Russia?

Western athletes might take banned substances to be able to complete on a 'level' playing field, but its not government organized and sponsored like the Russians are.

martin14 martin14:
But, you know, Russia bad. Always. Only Russia.
We in the West we all pure as the driven snow.

Yeah,
No.

No one claimed that we were. But then again, we haven't interfered in other countries elections, or invaded our neighbours and occupied their country. Or cheated at the Olympics!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:08 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
But then again, we haven't interfered in other countries elections, or invaded our neighbours and occupied their country. Or cheated at the Olympics!
Did you write your own script?????

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:15 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
No one claimed that we were. But then again, we haven't interfered in other countries elections, or invaded our neighbours and occupied their country. Or cheated at the Olympics!

Really.

:?

Iran
Spanish Mexican War
Ben Johnson.

I think we are done here.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:18 pm

martin14 martin14:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Really.

:?

Iran
Spanish Mexican War
Ben Johnson.

I think we are done here.

Iran, when we got the US hostages out of there?
Did we have a war with Spain and Mexico? I don't recall that.
Did Ben Johnston get caught and disgraced, or was he given parades and put on national TV?

You were done a long time ago. :idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:19 pm

You don't understand the West, do you...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:36 pm

martin14 martin14:

I don't understand your definition of it. I do understand my perspective of it. Like when your example of Ben Johnson happened, he was destroyed, instantly. Banned from competition for life, no reprieve, no pardon.

But Russian athletes, who ADMIT to taking banned substances, well Russia denies the whole thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... r-olympics

So, I understand the difference we put on honesty in the West, and I understand how we take responsibility for our own actions.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:49 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
martin14 martin14:

I don't understand your definition of it. I do understand my perspective of it. Like when your example of Ben Johnson happened, he was destroyed, instantly. Banned from competition for life, no reprieve, no pardon.

But Russian athletes, who ADMIT to taking banned substances, well Russia denies the whole thing.

So, I understand the difference we put on honesty in the West, and I understand how we take responsibility for our own actions.

The West is 'Western Europe' and North America.

Ben Johnson was given a reprieve, and got caught a second time. Then another appeal,
but no Olympics. Then a third time. Then it was finished.

So you are wrong.

But someone helped him.
Someone shot him full of dope.
Someone else's dope tracking system didn't work; namely, ours.
Or overlooked it.
Or colluded with it.
For 7 years.

Our COC sent him to Seoul. Full of dope.

Iran 1953 was the USA
Also Pinochet
Also others
Spanish American War was also the USA

aka The West

I don't care what the Russians deny or admit.
All I say, we in THE DEVELOPED WESTERN MORE OR LESS DEMOCRACIES are just as bad.

Enough now.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:06 pm

martin14 martin14:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
martin14 martin14:

The West is 'Western Europe' and North America.

And when I wrote 'no one said we were [squeaky clean]', I meant 'Canada'. In the context of the Olympics, that's all I can speak to.

martin14 martin14:
Ben Johnson was given a reprieve, and got caught a second time. Then another appeal,
but no Olympics. Then a third time. Then it was finished.

So you are wrong.

Really? I'm wrong that his running career was destroyed when he was caught using steroids? But, isn't that what you just wrote?

martin14 martin14:
But someone helped him.
Someone shot him full of dope.
Someone else's dope tracking system didn't work; namely, ours.
Or overlooked it.
Or colluded with it.
For 7 years.

Our COC sent him to Seoul. Full of dope.

His doctor gave it to him, and no countries anti-doping systems was perfect in the 1980's. But things have come a long way since then, and we -in the west - don't intentionally interfere in test results for our athletes. And he didn't go on national (state run) TV afterwards and profess his innocence like several athletes did last night in Russia!

That's why Russia is banned!

martin14 martin14:
Iran 1953 was the USA
Also Pinochet
Also others
Spanish American War was also the USA

aka The West

No, aka:The USA. Canada, Bermuda, Liechtenstein; we all had nothing to do with those. There is a time for collectivization, and that's not one.

martin14 martin14:
I don't care what the Russians deny or admit.
All I say, we in THE DEVELOPED WESTERN MORE OR LESS DEMOCRACIES are just as bad.

And yet, I've shown we aren't nearly in the same class as the Russians.

martin14 martin14:
Enough now.

Fine by me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:37 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Probably one of your crigne right wing blogs.

As to the no NHL, I can see why that was done as much as us fans will be pissed off (myself included). The Olympics are supposed to be amateur athletes competing, not professionals making money. There’s no Biathalon Premier League or National Curling League where the players all make a lot of money. So why should this one sport be different?

When was the last time the Olympics were for "amateurs"? Every athlete that goes to the Olympics is a paid athlete and therefore a professional. The NHL didn't participate because the IOC wouldn't pay the league. The NHL didn't get one dime from the IOC for their participation other than insurance. The NHL weren't even allowed to run highlights or mention the Olympics on their website due to copyright laws, even though the hockey was the highlight of the Games.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:06 pm

martin14 martin14:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Aeroflot called. Your ticket has been upgraded to Oligarch Class.

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
martin14 martin14:
People looking the other way is just as bad.

You go right ahead and split that hair, if it makes you feel better.

Aeroflot called. Your ticke to Moscowt has been upgraded to Oligarch Class.

Jesus, all hopity with the double posting utter shite.

Second cup of coffee is no good for you.

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
It's kind of funny to watch you deny this, considering it's pretty much as proven as the Sun rising in the east. The only one denying it is Putin, to try to salvage some of his machismo.

It's kind of funny when you are going to show me where I denied any of it.

I only point out the West is just as bad.

But, you know, Russia bad. Always. Only Russia.
We in the West we all pure as the driven snow.

Yeah,
No.

Fixed the double post but you’re so unapologetically pro-Russia on every thread I’m not so convinced about the we in the west part. West Volgograd maybe?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:32 pm

Nuggie77 Nuggie77:
xerxes xerxes:
Probably one of your crigne right wing blogs.

As to the no NHL, I can see why that was done as much as us fans will be pissed off (myself included). The Olympics are supposed to be amateur athletes competing, not professionals making money. There’s no Biathalon Premier League or National Curling League where the players all make a lot of money. So why should this one sport be different?

When was the last time the Olympics were for "amateurs"? Every athlete that goes to the Olympics is a paid athlete and therefore a professional. The NHL didn't participate because the IOC wouldn't pay the league. The NHL didn't get one dime from the IOC for their participation other than insurance. The NHL weren't even allowed to run highlights or mention the Olympics on their website due to copyright laws, even though the hockey was the highlight of the Games.

Too long ago but that was the original intent of the Olympics. And no. Not every athlete that goes is a paid prfessional. Most have to pay their own way. The great Donovan Baily worked construction to finance his training. As do many others.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:45 pm

Russian doping was on another level and deserved to be called out. That said, I don’t think we’ve seen all the details of US and Western European cheating yet. And let’s not beat up the Olympics alone as if all the other guys are clean. You’d have to wonder if testing is becoming futile in every sport.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:37 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Fixed the double post but you’re so unapologetically pro-Russia on every thread I’m not so convinced about the we in the west part. West Volgograd maybe?

He has to be. Hedging his bets incase Trump is taking it from Putin up the poop chute. Then he can say he supported his boy all along.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:24 pm

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
Russian doping was on another level and deserved to be called out. That said, I don’t think we’ve seen all the details of US and Western European cheating yet. And let’s not beat up the Olympics alone as if all the other guys are clean. You’d have to wonder if testing is becoming futile in every sport.

You can be sure that the Russians are going to do everything in their power to find and discredit any cheating the west has done in past decades and for the record there's one hell of alot of American track athletes who were thought to be using Balco and other pharmmacuetical agencies in the 80's and 90's but mysteriously never got caught for anything.

$1:
Carl Lewis has broken his silence on allegations that he was the beneficiary of a drugs cover-up, admitting he had tested positive for banned substances but claiming he was just one of "hundreds" of American athletes who were allowed to escape bans.

"There were hundreds of people getting off," he said. "Everyone was treated the same."

Lewis has now acknowledged that he failed three tests during the 1988 US Olympic trials, which under international rules at the time should have prevented him from competing in the Seoul games two months later.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2003/ ... ncanmackay

A fact which may explain the shocked look on his face when Ben Johnson blew by him like he was standing still at the 88 Olympic 100 meter finals. ROTFL

So, if the numbers were in the hundreds like Carl Lewis claims, the only way something like that could occur is with the consent of the UDADA which means they were doing the same fekin things that the Russians just got banned for. ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:58 am

http://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-olympics/42901377

Winter Olympics 2018: Court overturns life bans given to Russian athletes

$1:
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) overturned the IOC suspensions - for doping at the 2014 Winter Olympics - partially upholding 11 other appeals.

Cas said that in 28 cases evidence was "insufficient" to prove doping.

The IOC said it would consider its own appeal to the Swiss Federal Tribunal.

Cas said that for the 11 athletes whose appeals had been partially upheld, evidence "was sufficient to establish an anti-doping rule violation" had taken place.

It said they would be "declared ineligible" for this month's Games "instead of a life ban from all Olympic Games".

The IOC said that the Cas ruling "does not mean that athletes from the group of 28 will be invited" to this month's Games in Pyeongchang.

It expressed its "satisfaction on one hand and disappointment on the other" at Thursday's decision, made eight days before the 2018 Winter Olympics begin in South Korea.

"On the one hand, the confirmation of the anti-doping rule violations for 11 athletes because of the manipulation of their samples clearly demonstrates once more the existence of the systemic manipulation of the anti-doping system at Sochi 2014," a statement added.

"On the other hand, the IOC regrets very much that - according to the Cas press release - the panels did not take this proven existence of the systemic manipulation of the anti-doping system into consideration for the other 28 cases.

Last edited by martin14 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.