bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:38 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
desertdude desertdude:
Well I can declare my apartment a sovereign country and call it the Christian Kingdom of DD and start murdering people, doesn't mean Christianity tells me to. Next !

DD, it's nice to see you're contemplating becoming a Christian! [B-o]

Come on over and join us, Brother! We've got ribs and beer on for the weekend! [BB]

Bah I hate ribs, just bone and scraps of meat, makes one feel like living in a jungle and eating off a carcass, maybe try the wife she likes ribs and maybe she will revert back to Catholicism.

So thanks but no thanks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:46 pm

In Canada too, this woman would have gone to trial. Since the guy is dead, it's only her word that he tried to rape her - she would have to prove that in court for self-defense to stand. We don't have the death penalty, but if found guilty she could have been sentenced to life.

But DD, you've got to admit there really doesn't seem to be a Muslim country around that has barbaric laws as far as rape victims are concerned, ones that are far more likely to punish the victim than the attacker. If you know of any such countries, please post here. So at some point Islam, it would seem to me, does have to start wearing some of this stuff.

The headline should read: alleged attempted rape victim, since she was not raped and it has not been proven in court that the attempt was made. If this happened in canada, half the anti-Muslim howlers would be wanting to hang her high because she used an excuse to kill the guy.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Tampa Bay Lightning

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:17 pm

Dam thieving lying cruel Persian's. There is a difference between Muslim and Persian too. You can trust a Muslim over the Persian any day.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:23 pm

What would you say your educational level is? any high school?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:57 pm

How would this be dealt with in lets say Florida? Or Texas?

Anyhow... I personally find DD one of the sanest people around here, smart and unnecessarily attacked, most of the times. No one IS their religion or belief. Or responsible for the actions of others who practice the same religion.
Or are from a country with that religion.

Can we keep it classy, instead of bashing people?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:32 am

I know this probably could never happen but I believe that if in the Islamic world if there was something similar to the Roman Catholic Vatican Council II like what Pope John XXIII did that the worst parts of Islam might be discarded and the best parts of Islam can flourish without things like this getting in the way.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:52 am

$1:
Bah I hate ribs, just bone and scraps of meat, makes one feel like living in a jungle and eating off a carcass,

Come on down to Austin Texas and eat some ribs from the Salt Lick or Donn's BBQ. You'll change your mind on the ribs. I've never had BBQ in Kansas but every one who has raves about it there also. :D

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:19 am

stratos stratos:
$1:
Bah I hate ribs, just bone and scraps of meat, makes one feel like living in a jungle and eating off a carcass,

Come on down to Austin Texas and eat some ribs from the Salt Lick or Donn's BBQ. You'll change your mind on the ribs. I've never had BBQ in Kansas but every one who has raves about it there also. :D

How can you mention Austin without mentioning Franklin BBQ? [drool]

https://franklinbarbecue.com/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:23 am

I've yet to eat there but will try to soon. Thanks for the heads up. Another BBQ place to try. [B-o]

In my own defense Franklin's is north of my work and I live south and Donn's #2 is on my way home. Their Brisket is to die for.

Next time you're in my area Bart let me know and we can go out to the Salt Lick. It will be an all day affair. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:26 am

stratos stratos:
I've yet to eat there but will try to soon. Thanks for the heads up. Another BBQ place to try. [B-o]

In my own defense Franklin's is north of my work and I live south and Donn's #2 is on my way home. Their Brisket is to die for.

Next time you're in my area Bart let me know and we can go out to the Salt Lick. It will be an all day affair. :lol:

Will do!

I was in Austin last year on business and I stayed into a Saturday just to go to Franklin BBQ. Got into line at 9am and the line was already about 40 people deep.

It was well worth it! [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:28 am

GreenTiger GreenTiger:
I know this probably could never happen but I believe that if in the Islamic world if there was something similar to the Roman Catholic Vatican Council II like what Pope John XXIII did that the worst parts of Islam might be discarded and the best parts of Islam can flourish without things like this getting in the way.

Would this only be for Sunnis? Since just like Christianity there are two major sects and some other ones equally derided by both. (Who don't cause any of the shit).

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:38 am

$1:
Since just like Christianity there are two major sects

Really? Did you read that on your most recent edition of bed linen? The rejection of Papal authority hardly makes the various Orthodox Churches and the myriad of Western Protestant Churches the same 'sect'. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:43 am

sect (sĕkt)
n.
1. A group of people forming a distinct unit within a larger group by virtue of certain refinements or distinctions of belief or practice.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:27 am

Jehovah's Witnesses are sect you cut and paste philosopher. You claim to have gone to university but you are unaware of the major differences definining cults, sects and denominations.....quelle suprise :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:13 pm

quib·ble
ˈkwibəl/

verb
argue or raise objections about a trivial matter.

Do you call Shia and Sunni sects? Everybody else does. Buddhist sects, do you have a problem with that term? So you get your knickers in a knot because somebody applies that same word to Christian sects? What's so spatial about Christianity?