canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:26 am

Title: Iranian human rights lawyer Nasrin Sotoudeh sentenced to 38 years, 148 lashes, husband says Social Sharing
Category: Religion
Posted By: Freakinoldguy
Date: 2019-03-12 22:32:54
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:26 am

I though the whole point of overthowing the Shah and establishing the Islamic Republic was because the Shah was deemed a fink and if he was removed and replace with Sharia law all will be welland people will live in peace and plenty.

So much for the Revolutionary retorical BS.

The Iranian Republic may be every bit properly Islamic but it is a shithole nation.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:37 am

$1:

True for pretty much every revolution ever.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:05 pm

148 lashes is a death sentence.

Yup, the 'subtle beauty of Islam' strikes (literally) again. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:17 pm

At least she's not getting the lashes "like a child" (ie "Kissing the Gunner's Daughter")

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:52 pm

Khomeini seized the moment to build on the repressive structures of the Shah. His success was a bit like Lenin’s in that regard.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:45 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I believe I once read that in most places sentences like these are typically meted out over weeks or months and not all at once

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:30 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I believe I once read that in most places sentences like these are typically meted out over weeks or months and not all at once

With that blogger in SA, they sentenced him to 1000 lashes, but stopped somewhere around 50 because he has permanent damage.

Even if they do 10 at a time, they will not get to 148 before she is dead.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:44 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Yup, the 'subtle beauty of Islam' strikes (literally) again. :|

Her dying is probably the point of the whole thing. That way they can sentence her to death while appearing to be “merciful”, isn’t Islam a wonderful way of lifestyle. I would recommend it to el chapo and Joanne Chesimard.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:47 am

GreenTiger GreenTiger:
I though the whole point of overthowing the Shah and establishing the Islamic Republic was because the Shah was deemed a fink and if he was removed and replace with Sharia law all will be welland people will live in peace and plenty.

The Iranian Republic may be every bit properly Islamic but it is a shithole nation.

Once the Iranian Governemnt gets its hands on a nuclear weapon they’re going to go Tinamen Square on the revolutionary movement crushing it once and for all.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:24 am

The revolutionary guard isn’t far from it now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:32 am

The Islamic Republic of Iran isn’t going to keep nuclear weapons, BIbi Netanyaho aho has made it clear that the Israeli Air Force will be visit Iran and express their displeasure (with Saudi asistance) when the Iranian nut jobs get close.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:11 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I knew you would show to defend this crap.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:31 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Well that's nice. You know the Human body takes weeks or months to heal from this these types of wounds, right? So if I'm giving you lashes over a period of weeks or months, how long does it take for your wounds to heal?

You're fine with bleeding and being susceptible to some infection during (and after) your lash period?

Also, it usually not the lashes that kill you its the shock OR Infection. I'm pretty sure they're not put putting polysporin on her lash cuts to ensure she doesn't develop a staph infection, and I'm pretty sure Iranian prisons are not renowned for their cleanliness.

How can you not be outraged at this? At it's core, you have someone trying to stand up for basic human rights and they going to be murdered for it.

Here's a little quote I love...

$1:
“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

-Dietrich Bonhoeffer

He was executed by the Nazi's for speaking out.

It sucks to be ethical, but that's all that separates us from being animals.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:21 am

BRAH BRAH:
GreenTiger GreenTiger:

Once the Iranian Governemnt gets its hands on a nuclear weapon they’re going to go Tinamen Square on the revolutionary movement crushing it once and for all.

The $150 billion in cash that fucking traitor Obama gave them will surely help them along in their nuclear weapons program.