CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Lost and found: Google sinks Atlantis 'discovery'

Google said the "Atlantis" lines were the result of sonar information collected from vessels sailing the high seas.

"In this case, however, what users are seeing is an artifact of the data collection process. Bathymetric (or sea floor terrain) data is often collected from boats using sonar to take measurements of the sea floor," Google said.

"The lines reflect the path of the boat as it gathers the data. The fact there are blank spots between each of these lines is a sign of how little we really know about the world's oceans."

The original discovery of the grid was attributed to British aeronautical engineer Bernie Bamford, who first spotted the lines last week, London's Sun newspaper reported on Friday morning.

Those reports prompted Charles Orser, curator of historical archaeology at the New York State Museum, to tell the paper that the finding merited greater investigation.

Not anymore.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... TopStories

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:38 pm

Hmm I guess that blows this theory out of the water :?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:07 pm

Eisensapper Eisensapper:
Hmm I guess that blows this theory out of the water :?

I still think it's an alian, CIA, KGB joint op set up with the intention of undermining the sea monkey culture that is so prevalent in our oceans.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:27 pm

Atlantis is AWESOME. If I could afford it, I'd stay there when I go to the Bahamas. But on my salary, I have to settle for the Comfort Suites Paradise Island.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:45 pm

If this is Atlantis, Where's the Submariner?