bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:05 pm

desertdude desertdude:
Although I hate ISIS with a passion and nothing would give me more pleasure to see them die a horrible death. But this one is one of those made up stories thats picked up by the right wing islamophobes and plastered all over the place.

link comes from al arabiya, noted right wing islamophobes.

$1:
http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/no-the-islamic-state-has-not-ordered-all-women-to-undergo-fgm--lyuebSA6Wl

So al arabiya is all wrong, but we are supposed to beleive...

$1:
was told by an expert in the region that it was most likely a hoax.

A UN spokesman in Geneva told Reuters said that they were seeking clarity and trying to establish the facts.

Brought to you by Jennifer Badcock, a UN person, verified by a guy sitting in an office in London..... maybe. :lol: :lol:

You keep trying to mislead people here, and you keep failing.

Last edited by martin14 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:05 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

If you have some bright idea on how to deal with ISIS, great.

Actually I do. In fact more than one. Wanna hear them?

But no, much as I would like to drop a series of big bombs on their heads, that's not it at this time. Maybe later just for personal gratification though. :)

Sure, let's hear 'em.

OK, but you have to open your mind.

Have you heard my theory all problems or solutions spring from the culture?

So we start there. Political correctness gone. Prioritizing multiculturalism gone. Idiotic unscientific faith based claims to science gone.

OK, now we can begin to operate. First thing we want to do is weaken the terrorist economic support.

So we frack. Frack, open up oil reserves, and let the West have the same access to ocean oil we're giving to leftist countries like Brazil. When the left doesn't control the culture then leftist favorites like Soros, Steyer, and phony green lobbyists don't get all the breaks. The price of oil has to go down, and the power of middle east and communist oil bearing countries decreases. This is also my solution to the problem in the Ukraine btw.

This has all sorts of interesting spinoffs. How free are we to deal with Saudi Arabian and the Wahhabi benefactors of terror for example. We can now offer sanctions that will mean something. We can control where the money goes.

Where the culture has to be changed most importantly though is here at home. Ultimately terrorists exist because we are weakening as a society and we allow them to. When we were strong they were not a problem. We got weak as a culture and surprise, the barbarians are at the gates. It the same old story. You see it throughout history.

So make the culture strong again. One culture. Our culture. Now we can do what's described at the link below.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/how-to-stop- ... ts-tracks/

Now we're in charge. Now we're strong again. Now we can fix the problem.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:06 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Look for the leftists to totally ignore this, deny it, or explain it away.

Why? ISIS aren't leftists.

No, Bart is. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:11 pm

The way ISIS treats women, they must all be closet homosexuals... not that there's anything wrong with that... but they could tone back the "genital mutilation" stuff.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:23 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
OK, but you have to open your mind.

Have you heard my theory all problems or solutions spring from the culture?

So we start there. Political correctness gone. Prioritizing multiculturalism gone. Idiotic unscientific faith based claims to science gone.

OK, now we can begin to operate. First thing we want to do is weaken the terrorist economic support.

So we frack. Frack, open up oil reserves, and let the West have the same access to ocean oil we're giving to leftist countries like Brazil. When the left doesn't control the culture then leftist favorites like Soros, Steyer, and phony green lobbyists don't get all the breaks. The price of oil has to go down, and the power of middle east and communist oil bearing countries decreases. This is also my solution to the problem in the Ukraine btw.

This has all sorts of interesting spinoffs. How free are we to deal with Saudi Arabian and the Wahhabi benefactors of terror for example. We can now offer sanctions that will mean something. We can control where the money goes.

Where the culture has to be changed most importantly though is here at home. Ultimately terrorists exist because we are weakening as a society and we allow them to. When we were strong they were not a problem. We got weak as a culture and surprise, the barbarians are at the gates. It the same old story. You see it throughout history.

So make the culture strong again. One culture. Our culture. Now we can do what's described at the link below.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/how-to-stop- ... ts-tracks/

Now we're in charge. Now we're strong again. Now we can fix the problem.

A lot to be said for that approach. The KGB always thought that cultural demoralization was more effective than propaganda. The US is pretty demoralized right now--or rather, undergoing moral upheaval. The old saying is "We keep breaking all these old taboos. What troubles me is, where are the new taboos coming from?" Not sure there's an easy solution to that one though. In the US they're somewhat riven in their culture wars right now.

Believe it or not, I'm actually pro-oil sands. My complaint is with government oversight of federal environmental issues. They've done a lousy job and that's made the oil sands a tough sell in the US and Europe. And we should be adding value locally by refining/treating in Canada. But I support more Canadian energy to US markets.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:38 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Look for the leftists to totally ignore this, deny it, or explain it away.

Fuck, I had to go and find out that the story is indeed probably bullshit... I hate being that guy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:38 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Believe it or not, I'm actually pro-oil sands. My complaint is with government oversight of federal environmental issues. They've done a lousy job and that's made the oil sands a tough sell in the US and Europe. And we should be adding value locally by refining/treating in Canada. But I support more Canadian energy to US markets.

The problem is that the environmental movement has cast the energy industry into the same light that the TeaBirchers in the US have done to President Obama, and they've used the same campaign of ridiculous lies (and then doubling down on those lies) to create an unbridgeable ideological division. I won't dispute that Stephen Harper has an acerbic and combative disposition. But it's also true that most of the environmental opposition will not compromise on anything. They want a permanent shut down of the entire oil & gas sector, period. By their own ideological standards they won't accept anything less than a total victory for themselves and a total defeat for the enemy that they've demonized.

You might be a reasonable environmentalist, dawg. But you're one of the few. By the standards of David Suzuki and Bill McKibben you're nothing but a bloody traitor to the cause too. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Thanos Thanos:
The problem is that the environmental movement has cast the energy industry into the same light that the TeaBirchers in the US have done to President Obama, and they've used the same campaign of ridiculous lies (and then doubling down on those lies) to create an unbridgeable ideological division. I won't dispute that Stephen Harper has an acerbic and combative disposition. But it's also true that most of the environmental opposition will not compromise on anything. They want a permanent shut down of the entire oil & gas sector, period. By their own ideological standards they won't accept anything less than a total victory for themselves and a total defeat for the enemy that they've demonized.

You might be a reasonable environmentalist, dawg. But you're one of the few. By the standards of David Suzuki and Bill McKibben you're nothing but a bloody traitor to the cause too. :|

Well, I'm kind of in the environmental business so we don't have the luxury of that kind of ideological purity. We in the biz tend to be realists because, first off, my livliehood depends on those rotten, polluting industries. Second of all, having seen my share of refineries, smelters, pulp mills, sewage treatment plants, landfills and slaughterhouses, I don't have much room for illusions about frolicking in the meadows with Gaia.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:41 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Using the logically unwise tactic of circular reasoning, presumably ISIS likes these tactics. Are ISIS 'leftists'?

No. They are also not politically correct multiculturalists. Those who are, are the ones responsible for allowing them to exist though.

Lose the leftists and the terrorists can be eradicated. Military force might not even be necessary. Terrorism can't exist without leftism. The rest of us would be too strong to allow it.

I agree to a point, I don't think 'terrorism can't exist without lefties', I think terrorism can't exist without extremism, left leaning or right leaning.

That being said, I do believe apologists are all left leaning.

Either way, we need to stop out terrorism... or at least mitigate it...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Funny, I thought it was claimed on this forum that pretty well all Muslim women are already genitally mutilated. I believe the figure bandied about was 80%. So shouldn't the headline read "ISIS orders genital mutilation of the 20% of women"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:37 pm

In this case I'm thinking the claim of the leftist media is most likely correct that when "the U.N.’s second senior most official, Jacqueline Badcock, told reporters of a new religious edict issued in ISIS’ name. The edict — or fatwa — ordered all girls and women in the city of Mosul between the ages of 11 and 46 to undergo female genital mutilation", the high ranking UN rep may have been working with bad information.

Where the bad info originated, if that's what it is, who knows. Could have been ISIS. False info hacking is done now. It will complicate things.

Here's an example from both Israel and Hamas.

http://www.jpost.com/Operation-Protecti ... uth-368824

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:38 pm

In the meantime ISIS are still a bunch of low grade savages.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Hang on a sec here. I may have spoken too soon. Who are Bas News. I haven't heard of them before. Here's what they claim.

$1:
The Islamic State of Iraq and Sham (ISIS) group is asking all families in Mosul to circumcise their daughters or face severe punishment.

The Spokesman of Mosul Police Ahmed Obaydi told BasNews: “Baghdadi’s decision to have all women circumcised is, as he claims, to prevent immorality and promote Islamic attitudes among Muslims. The decision was made by Baghdadi as a ‘gift’ for people in Mosul.”

Civil Activist Asil Jamal spoke to BasNews about this decision of ISIS and said: “When ISIS was first arriving in Mosul, people were warmly welcoming them, but as a result of ISIS’ horrendous wishes, especially forced female circumcision, it is becoming clear for people that these ISIS militants don’t know anything else except torture.”

“Now, people in Mosul believe that their decisions are dangerous, especially female circumcision [Female Genital Mutilation]. They believe that it is a violation against their rights,” said journalist Saad Qasm in Mosul.

The decision of circumcising two million Iraqi females that is under control of ISIS group by Islamic State Caliphate Abubakr al-Baghdadi faced outrage and strong reactions by human rights organizations, calling the decision “inhumane,” saying that circumcising females exposes them to a greater risk of sickness and weakens sex.

Zanun Majid is a citizen in Mosul who spoke with BasNews about the circumcision and stated: “Due to this decision, many girls fear for their lives, not knowing where to flee, otherwise risking severe punishment by staying.”

http://basnews.com/en/News/Details/ISIS ... ion-/27970

So now I don't know. Is this a viral campaign of disinformation that exists even within the Mosul community? Is Bas full of crap? Is a small truth being exaggerated or twisted into a big lie? Are the leftists outlets grasping at straws again, desperately inflating guesses from (in heavy quotation marks) "experts" who will tell them what they want to hear? I don't know. I think I'm going to wait a while to come to a final conclusion. The truth eventually outs.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:28 pm

Yes, of that there is no dispute. It's truly sad. There have been Christians in Mosul since there's been Christianity.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:53 pm

K, I found out what Bas news is.

$1:
Reports about the issue have been circulating in Iraqi media for the past few days. On Wednesday a Kurdish website, BasNews, reported that the fatwa had been issued by the self-proclaimed "Caliph" of the Islamic State, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, as a "gift" to the people of Mosul. BasNews said on Thursday that it stood by its story. "Of course Isis would deny this," the editor, Hawar Abdulrazaq, told the Guardian.

Isis denies ordering that all girls in Mosul undergo FGM

As of Thursday, both the Guardian and the BBC seem doubtful of the FGM Fatwa story.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28466434