Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:19 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
$1:
those brown people

Bullshit, but nice try. It's not about brown people. The Tsarnaev brothers were Chechen. The big general for ISIS is a red headed Chechen. Many of the Western converts fighting for ISIS are white. There's suspicion the true head of ISIS is not what's his name, Apoo Packr Al da Baghedi or whatever it is. Some say the guy who's actually pulling the strings is an ex general of Saddam's. I think he was the Ace of clubs. I know he appears to be white.

'Brown People' is a racial generalization. Besides, Persians are Caucasian or 'white' as another generalization. (And make the hottest looking women!) [drool]

No matter which ethnic group idiot radicals belong to, I don't intend to change my way of living because they choose to promote fear.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:17 am

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
The last terrorist death that I can remember in Canada was Pierre LaPorte back in 1970. In fact, that is the only terrorist death in Canada that I can remember.

That put the odds of dying by terrorism in Canada at something like 1 in 60,000,000 (guessing at the number of people who have lived and died during that, continuing into this period).

The worst terror attack before 9/11 was Air India flight 182, carrying 329 people, mostly Canadians.

Still, a very low probability of death.

I see 122 Albertans have been diagnosed with severe e-coli infections in the last couple weeks. That raises my risk of death far more than some extremists with their blood filled swimming pools.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:41 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
The last terrorist death that I can remember in Canada was Pierre LaPorte back in 1970. In fact, that is the only terrorist death in Canada that I can remember.

That put the odds of dying by terrorism in Canada at something like 1 in 60,000,000 (guessing at the number of people who have lived and died during that, continuing into this period).

The worst terror attack before 9/11 was Air India flight 182, carrying 329 people, mostly Canadians.

I see 122 Albertans have been diagnosed with severe e-coli infections in the last couple weeks. That raises my risk of death far more than some extremists with their blood filled swimming pools.

It's exactly that kind of thinking that led to disaster in New Orleans.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:53 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

New Orleans occurred because the US Army Corp of engineers severely underestimated the effects of a Category 5 hurricane on dykes designed for Category 3 hurricanes. It had nothing to do with e-coli, or Air India flight 182.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:10 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

New Orleans occurred because the US Army Corp of engineers severely underestimated the effects of a Category 5 hurricane on dykes designed for Category 3 hurricanes. It had nothing to do with e-coli, or Air India flight 182.

No, it occurred because the plans to build the dykes and berms to handle the tidal surge of a category 5 hurricane were scrapped when some dumbass decided the odds a CAT 5 hurricane slamming directly into NOLA weren't high enough to warrant higher dykes the cost.

It was the fatalistic attitude of, "What are the chances of it happening?" that did in New Orleans.

Now, in the case of ISIS I'm not suggesting we get all freaked out and paranoid about it, but on the other hand burying one's head in the sand in response is just as silly.
We know the shitbags are out there and we know what they're capable of.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:31 am

Of course we shouldn't bury our heads in the sand. But what exactly do you want done that we're not doing now? We've abrogated more and more civil rights, have a whole machinery in place to supposedly stop terrorism. What we're not very good at, which would be cheaper and more effective is forging closer ties with moderate Muslims in Canada/US who could tell us about the shitbags among us.

As for over there, I certainly wouldn't support backing off because of the threat. OTOH, we've already tried full on invasion - hell, that's what led to IS being formed in the first place. We should support the Kurds will materiel, hell even send in "advisors". Can we just once not turn that into having to send troops? Let those folks work it out for themselves.

We like to get all heavy handed in these situations, which just makes things worse. As IS itself said, you won't defeat us by bombing us, we're too dispersed. Let the local enemies of IS do the fighting, who know what' going on.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:52 am

^^ What Andy said. No one is saying these dickwads aren't serious, I'm just saying that I'm not going to live in fear because of them.

We've spend billions if not trillions on security to prevent them getting into our borders; we've lost many rights and had our personal lives spied upon by the people supposed to protect us; let's see if all this can actually do what it was supposed to do. For a change.

In the mean time, until I see ISIS riding on military equipment towards my home, I'm not letting them change anything about how I live.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:10 am

The terrorists seem to be much smarter than we are. Let them cut one head off a journalist, and we run around like we're chickens and our head was cut off, clucking we need to do something.

That journalist knew, or should have known, what he was getting into. Having our foreign policy dictated by people who knowingly put themselves at risk is just nuts. We, ie the US, can't make the whole world safe for us to tour like Disneyland. Let's focus on keeping our countries as safe as possible. And just like with local crime, we won't get it perfect, there will be some that get thru. Better than than living in a full on police state. Even in China they can't prevent all terrorism, in fact the terrorism arises because they are so repressive.

As i say, our best bet is to ally with moderate Muslims that live here. That's why I respond so strongly to FD and Martin's anti-muslim screeds. The aim of terrorism is to get us to do exactly what FD and Martin are. Get all repressive to create fertile soil for more terrorism. Martin loves to defend Israel and the Jews, but seems to favor doing to Muslims exactly what was done to the Jews in times past.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:24 am

andyt andyt:
The terrorists seem to be much smarter than we are. Let them cut one head off a journalist, and we run around like we're chickens and our head was cut off, clucking we need to do something.

That journalist knew, or should have known, what he was getting into. Having our foreign policy dictated by people who knowingly put themselves at risk is just nuts. We, ie the US, can't make the whole world safe for us to tour like Disneyland. Let's focus on keeping our countries as safe as possible. And just like with local crime, we won't get it perfect, there will be some that get thru. Better than than living in a full on police state. Even in China they can't prevent all terrorism, in fact the terrorism arises because they are so repressive.

As i say, our best bet is to ally with moderate Muslims that live here. That's why I respond so strongly to FD and Martin's anti-muslim screeds. The aim of terrorism is to get us to do exactly what FD and Martin are. Get all repressive to create fertile soil for more terrorism. Martin loves to defend Israel and the Jews, but seems to favor doing to Muslims exactly what was done to the Jews in times past.

8O

We actually agree on something! Holy crap!

Like you say, that reporter knew what he was getting into, and it wasn't his first time being kidnapped either. And I'm glad that people who decide to take backpacking trips though Afghanistan identify themselves early as people who should never reproduce. Leave them to the consequences of their own decisions.

I've known a few moderate Muslims, and they would be the first to point out the radicals if they knew something untoward was afoot. And that's exactly how the Toronto 18 were caught, but somehow the shoe bomber slipped through all the security designed to detect him.

Sometimes the cheapest solution is the most effective.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:44 am

James Foley knew the risks going into war zones like Lybia and Syria as all war correspondents do. This brutal murder was a propaganda tool for recruitement and this was not the first beheading by ISIS and it will not be the last.

British Intelligence scrambling trying to indenitfy the ISIS Terrorist who beheaded James Foley because they're worried he could return to the UK.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:50 am

BRAH BRAH:
British Intelligence scrambling trying to indenitfy the ISIS Terrorist who beheaded James Foley because they're worried he could return to the UK.

And we should be worried about the exact same thing. Not everyone who burns their passport dies for their cause.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:54 am

"When we stop to consider some of the underlying psychology and dynamics, the circumstances have all the characteristics of a bloody revolutionary movement. First, the rebels are drawn from an underclass that perceives itself as the victim of unjust powerful forces against which they have been helpless. They therefore feel that they are on a righteous cause. Secondly, they are driven by a shared belief system–in this case radical Islam. Sharing a belief system makes them capable of high levels of personal sacrifice for their cause. When that belief system is religious the power over the individual is even greater. Thirdly, they are able to overcome their own divisions by uniting to the higher cause and Fourth, when they are attacked, unless they are completely destroyed, their dedication to their cause and hatred of the enemy will only become greater.

Do they have plans to threaten America? Definitely. Brett McGurk, the deputy assistant US Secretary of State for Iran and Iraq has said,

$1:
ISIS is better equipped, they’re better manned, they’re better resourced, they’re better fighters, they’re better trained than the Al Qaeda in Iraq that our forces faced. It is a global expansionist, global jihadist organization. It is swollen with foreign fighters and suicide bombers who will go wherever the organization tells them to go. And that could very easily be capitals in the region, it could be capitals in Europe and, God forbid, it could be here.”

Should the disenchanted underclass in America–especially African Americans–rally to the Islamic flag then we may find the brutality of ISIS in our own backyard.
ISIS banner appears in Ferguson MO

ISIS banner appears in Ferguson MO

That African Americans have gathered under the banner of Islam is nothing new. Nation of Islam teaches that Christianity is a white man’s religion and calls blacks to become Muslim.

Should radicals take over the Nation of Islam and foment violence we could witness a truly frightening situation. Indeed, this article claims that through social media, ISIS functionaries in the Middle East are already in contact with rioters in Ferguson Missouri encouraging them to embrace radical Islam and join the global revolution.
[/b]

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/standingon ... erica.html

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:58 am

"We should not ignore this chilling warning from the Chaldean Archbishop of Mosul:

The Italian journal, Corriere della Sera, published August 9 the statement of the exiled Chaldean Archeparch of Mosul, Amel Nona. The statement is brief and exceedingly powerful."

$1:
“Our sufferings are the prelude of those you, Europeans and Western Christians, will also suffer in the near future. I lost my diocese. The physical setting of my apostolate has been occupied by Islamic radicals who want us converted or dead. But my community is still alive…Try to understand us,” Archbishop Nona pleads. “Your liberal and democratic principles are worth nothing here.” Indeed, we can even argue that these principles paralyze us and make us blind to the reality of persecution by and in Islamic spheres. “You must reconsider our reality in the Middle East because you are welcoming in your countries an ever growing number of Muslims.”

"Fr Schall comments"

$1:
We think these immigrants are coming to find jobs or to escape violence. But in fact many are coming with missionary purposes, to convert in one way or another everyone to Islam. The Christians of Mosul were given the standard Muslim choice—conversion or death. Some managed to flee. The Islamic State means business.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/standingon ... erica.html

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:58 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BRAH BRAH:

And we should be worried about the exact same thing. Not everyone who burns their passport dies for their cause.

City radical dies in Iraq — third young Calgarian killed fighting with extremists

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/08/15/city-radical-dies-in-iraq--third-young-calgarian-killed-fighting-with-extremists

__

Exactly, he was the third Calgarian killed, what about the fourth or fifth where are they? That should be a concern to everyone.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:09 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BRAH BRAH:

The idea should have been to... oh, never mind, you fools can stay blind.

Fact is we didn't have this problem 30 years ago.

Just look at what changed, and you have your answer.