CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:22 pm

You know, I used to have so much sympathy for natives. But every time I see crap like this I want to go punch one in the face. Mind you, I have a lot more contempt for those whimpering, sniveling, progressives who want to spend their lives on their bellies licking the shoes of any native that happens to wander by.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:34 pm

Vbeacher Vbeacher:
You know, I used to have so much sympathy for natives. But every time I see crap like this I want to go punch one in the face.

Like just a random one?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Rather gutless, and won't win any favour of the First Nations anyways, in my opinion. I would argue that City Hall--the active, political entity that is part of the Crown, itself, would be more of a painful reminder of colonialism than Sir Johnny.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:02 pm

In years past one could normally say this kind of shit-heelery on the part of the local SJW's would happen "only in BC", or Toronto, or one of those other white-guilt ridden place. Sadly, these days, it could happen anywhere in the county now. The Non-Stop Apology Tour, coming soon to every place that any of us live! Yay? :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Pretty much every single thing that the white man has built could be seen as a painful reminded of colonialism. [huh]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:49 pm

The whole planet has been shaped over and over by colonialism and often not by perpetrated by white people, either.

Get over it. Move on. Grow up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:17 pm

raydan raydan:
Pretty much every single thing that the white man has built could be seen as a painful reminded of colonialism. [huh]

Well that's a problem since the natives didn't build one damned thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:04 pm

Vbeacher Vbeacher:
raydan raydan:

Yeah, even the Neolithic Britons build thosands of things that are still standing.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:24 pm

$1:
"Indian Chief Two Eagles was asked by a white U.S. government official, "You have observed the white mand for 90 years. You’ve seen his wars and his technological advances. You’ve seen his progess, and the damage he’s done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued, "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official then replied,

"When white man find land, Indians running it, not taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women do all the work, medicine man free, Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing all night having sex."

Then the Chief leaned back and smiled, "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."
Where White Man Went Wrong

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:25 pm

$1:
You know, I used to have so much sympathy for natives. But every time I see crap like this I want to go punch one in the face.

$1:

I don't need to say anything when someone proves they're a bigoted asshole without help.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:04 pm

Vbeacher Vbeacher:
raydan raydan:

The truth is that despite the calls of bigotry from some progressives and scholars whenever this point is brought up it does nothing to change the reality that these people were simply a stone age society before the white man arrived and as such weren't capable or inclined to build permanent structures.

$1:
Native Americans: Stone Age People

Native Americans, even the great civilizations of Meso-America and the Andes, were stone age people. This is not to denigrate these people and their achievements, it is simply a statement of fact. This made their phenomenal achievements even more remrarkable. The stone age is usually defined as the era of human developent in which stone tools and weapons were used. Many advances could be made during the stone age, including achievements in fields often associated with more technologically advanced eras. The key technological development leasing to more advanced periods is metalurgy. And here the technological advance was the ability to generate high temperatures. The first step ws the Bronze Age nd finally the Iron age. Native american peoples had begun to nake some achievenents in metlurgy, but primarily work in precious metals like gold nd silver, metals with low melting points. They were on the cusp of the Bronze Age, but never made this vital transition. This is astonishing because the agricultural societies of the Old World had all energed from the Stone age by 2000 BC
Stress on Achievements
Academicians tend to stress the achievements of Native Americans, especially because its fits the modern ideological docrtines of cultural relativity and resistance to recognizing the achievements of the West. As a result, we find people taking offense atwhen we point out that that Native Americans were stone age people, even the most advanced Native americans had a stone age cilture. Here is a good example, "That's ignorant, and based on information about 50 years out of date. No respectable historians or most other scholars would make the "Stone Age" claim. Especially since the Aztecs, Incans, and Mayans had superior astronomy and mathematics to Europeans. Especially since they were more advances in medicine. Especially since Natives as a whole over both continents were far superior in their agriculture to Europeans. That's why 60% of the world's food supply was hybridized or domesticated by Native cultures. And finally, Natives were superior in their political theory and social organization in mostly being radically democratic at the time Europe was still in the dark ages politically by relying on absolute monarchy. The only two areas Europeans had superior technology in was shipbuilding and weapons." [Carrol] Our respnse was, "Very rude and poorly informed response. I must complement you, however, with how perfectly you have expressed PC thought. Now I suggest you actually read a little. The Native Americans were stone-age people as any scholar or historian would tell you if you bothered to read a little history. rather than spout off PC cultural relativity ideology. Do you even know what the Stone Age was? Wiki tells us, 'The Stone Age is a broad prehistoric period during which stone was widely used to make implements with a sharp edge, a point, or a percussion surface. The period lasted roughly 3.4 million years, and ended between 6000 BCE and 2000 BCE [meaning the Old World] with the advent of metalworking.' More than 3 millennia after the Old World entered the Bronze Age and Iron Age, Native Americans, including the most advanced civilizations, were still using stone tools Native Americans never entered the Bronze Age, although when the Spanish arrived, thy were on the cusp of it. This failure is one of the reasons a handful of Spanish defeated massive Native American armies. Even the advanced Native American people used stone tools. The magnificent Inca and Meso-American structures (many of which I have visited probably before you were born and before it was easy to get many sites) including the monumental buildings were done with stone tools. They also used stone and wood for their military Campinas--with the addition of obsidian tipped weapons. Native Americans had begun to work with metals, but mostly in precious metals for decorative / religious purposes. The accomplishments you mentioned were true, although I would take issue with the claim that agriculture was more advanced than in the Old World. They did develop the potato and corn which are central to modern agriculture. Now I never said that Native Americans were not very impressive people with enormous accomplishments . And I accept the examples you give. But that does not mean that they were not a stone-age people. And with all their accomplishment they had not even invented the wheel--something you fail to mention--did you even know it. Nor do you note along with impressive mathematical achievement, unlike the Europeans they did very little with it except for religious ceremonies and agricultural planning. And by the way for your PC proclivities it is you who has shown shocking disrespect for other people by assuming that Stone Age means primitive people without any real accomplishment. Tsk. Tsk." And I might add, I spent 2 years in the Peace Corps teaching children in Ecuador, most with Native American origins.

Overlooking Weaknesses
And thus the failures of Nativive Amrican civilization such the continued use of crude stone tools, limited metalurgical technology, failure to develop the wheel, lack of a fully developed written language, and absence of any movement toward scientific discipline. This is important, especially when viewed with their mny accomplishments. Academicians, especially ideologicaly oriented authors, commonly overlook or down play these weaknesses.

Important Question
Rather than trying to make the cultural relativity case, the question that should be asked and the really interesting question was why Native Americans were so far behind the Old world (both the West and China). We suspect that the reason so many scholars fail to ask this question is that it leads to answers that do not ideological conform to the desire to undermine the great achievements of the West. And part of this answer is isolation.

http://histclo.com/chron/na/stone/na-stone.html

We've done some pretty horrible things to the natives over the centuries but that doesn't mean we should be changing history to suit a political agenda. It's time to stop portraying their culture as anything more than what it really was. Stone Age because it doesn't benefit anyone and only creates more animosity.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Vbeacher Vbeacher:
raydan raydan:

Should visit Peru some day.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:34 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

The truth is that despite the calls of bigotry from some progressives and scholars whenever this point is brought up it does nothing to change the reality that these people were simply a stone age society before the white man arrived and as such weren't capable or inclined to build permanent structures.

You should visit Peru some day.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:36 pm

Well folks methinks it's about time we start tearing down statues of Pierre Elliott Trudeau.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:09 pm

herbie herbie:
$1:

$1:

I don't need to say anything when someone proves they're a bigoted asshole without help.

it's nice to see this place is still full of nazis :(

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  Next